Dozens of letters pour in to UN amid fears the belligerent Bülbüloğlu can become UNESCO Director-General
A group of public figures, including the first Ombudsman of Armenia Larisa Alaverdyan and environmentalist Karine Danielyan, addressed a letter to the UN Secretary General against Polad Bülbüloğlu, Ambassador of Azerbaijan in Russia, nominated for the post of UNESCO Director General.
STEPANAKERT, APRIL 18, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: In addition to the UN Secretary General, the letter has been sent to all members of UNESCO council, as well as to those countries which have nominated candidates.
Representatives of another 8 countries are nominated for the position.
“Against legal Arbitrariness” NGO president Larisa Alaverdyan said this fact is important not only for the UN Secretary General, but also for other states.
“UNESCO has gained rather great reputation during decades of work, as a champion of cultural, scientific and other values. With this letter, we expect that in no event a leader be elected who is actively struggling against these values”, Alaverdyan said.
According to her, it seems like many are joining in sending the letters, not only organizations but also individuals.
Karine Danielyan, president of the “For Sustainable Human Development” NGO and member of the Public Council, said Azerbaijanis and Turks are putting all efforts in order to enter international structures, especially the UN staff.
“Our organization cooperates with UN structures, and when we go to big events, conferences or discussions, then we always see that the organizer or secretary of the given event is either a Turk or an Azerbaijani. Everywhere, even in case of very little chance, issues are solved in favor of Azerbaijan and to the detriment of Armenia”, Danielyan said. She was sad to mention that Armenia, having a big Diaspora, doesn’t take action in this direction.
Media expert Samvel Martirosyan urged to “bombard” the UN, UNESCO head and member-state offices with letters, in order to strengthen impact.
Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to Russia Polad Bülbüloğlu is infamous for his belligerent rhetoric and Anti-Armenianism. In an interview to “Govorit Moskva”, he said the diplomatic ways of settling the Nagorno Karabakh conflict proved to be ineffective, therefore Baku is ready to choose the military path. In addition, when Bülbüloğlu served as Culture Minister of Azerbaijan, the Armenian cross-stones were destroyed in Nakhijevan.
- 13:05 Solemn awarding ceremony in the residence of the Artsakh Republic President
- 12:25 Theresa May to confront Trump over Manchester leaks
- 11:04 Armenia fallen hero’s relative is among victims of incident outside Turkey ambassador’s residence in Washington
- 17:10 About 20 people are in critical condition after Manchester attack
- 16:56 Kazakhstan to investigate bond acquisition from collapsing Azerbaijani bank
- 15:14 Armenian FM participates at conference on "Victims of Ethnic and Religious Violence in the Middle East"
- 15:04 Armenia PM to head for Russia
- 14:15 Delegation of Shushi Municipality will visit Bourg-Les-Valence, France
- 13:39 White House recommends cutting aid to Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 13:26 Restoration of Shoushi’s Realakan College remains one of main issues of the city
- 11:47 OSCE to conduct monitoring in Martakert region
- 11:32 We have housing problem. Mayor of Shushi
- 09:39 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire, fire mortars and automatic grenade launcher at Artsakh posts
- 15:15 "Artsakhpress" news agency opened press center on occasion of the third anniversary of its foundation
- 14:30 Mogherini: EU is willing to expand and deepen cooperation with Armenia
- 09:42 Azerbaijani forces fire D-44 cannon at Artsakh line of contact
- 09:13 "Artsakhpress" news agency celebrates the third anniversary of its foundation
- 19:05 Artsakh will always stay standing. Marguerite Barankitse
- 17:56 2016 Aurora Prize Laureate, Marguerite Barankitse is in Artsakh ( Photos)
- 15:34 Russia, Turkey sign agreement on lifting mutual trade restrictions
- 14:24 Russia to supply new gunships, armored equipment & air defense systems to Armenia within CSTO
- 14:01 Iraq stops importing tomato from Turkey
- 13:45 Levon Aronian to participate at Norway Chess tournament
- 12:27 Greek President to visit Turkey for the first time
- 12:11 Edward Nalbandian to head for Brussels
- 11:08 3 climbers die on Mount Everest
- 09:39 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire, fire mortar at Artsakh posts
- 10:02 Artsakh soldier killed by Azerbaijani fire
- 09:46 Azerbaijan breached truce over 100 times past night
- 09:34 Azerbaijani forces fire mortar, anti-tank grenade launcher at Artsakh line of contact
- 09:17 OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs release statement on escalation in region caused by Azerbaijani actions
- 16:57 Artsakh Republic President visited the town of Shoushi
- 12:58 ‘The Promise’ soundtrack author, Grammy winning singer Chris Cornell dead at 52
- 12:09 Justice ministry demands that Armenian member of Turkey parliament be stripped of immunity
- 09:25 Azerbaijan used mortar, grenade launcher, cannon at night
- 16:49 Putin ready to provide records of Trump-Lavrov talks to prove no secrets were leaked
- 15:44 Artsakh’s military preventive actions make Azerbaijan suffer losses
- 12:41 Artsakh defense army dismisses Azerbaijan “information”
- 12:33 Bako Sahakyan hosts American-Armenian writer Hovsep Nalbandyan
- 12:17 Bako Sahakyan signed decree on the 2017 summer draft and demobilization
- 11:25 Armenia FM to head for Cyprus
- 09:48 Azerbaijan fired from mortars, grenade launcher at night
- 16:00 Bako Sahakyan visited the Talish village of the Martakert region
- 13:40 MFA: No Armenia citizens in Yemen
- 13:24 ‘The West must help Turkey’ – Fethullah Gulen publishes article at The Washington Post
- 12:38 Armenian-Americans to protest Erdogan in Washington
- 11:25 Int’l community must counter Azerbaijan, not organize European events in Baku. Artsakh presidential spox
- 09:23 Azerbaijan used mortar, grenade launcher, missile at night
- 17:07 Ilham Aliyev’s statements are false – Freedom House
- 17:01 Angela Merkel says necessary to find alternative to Incirlik base in Turkey
- 16:08 Turkey again bans German lawmakers to visit Incirlik air base
- 15:07 Iran’s MFA spox comments on Turkish-Iranian border wall
- 12:09 World oil prices rising
- 10:44 North Korea announces successful test of new missile
- 10:38 Tillerson: US and Russia have many problems needing discussion
- 09:29 Catholicos of All Armenians heads for Moscow
- 09:26 Azerbaijan fired over 1,000 shots at night
- 12:04 Bako Sahakyan received Andrzej Kasprzyk
- 09:27 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire over 90 times
- 21:31 Artsakh foreign minister meets Ambassador Kasprzyk
- 05.20.2017 Artsakh soldier killed by Azerbaijani fire
- 05.19.2017 Azerbaijani forces fire mortar, anti-tank grenade launcher at Artsakh line of contact
- 05.18.2017 Artsakh Republic President visited the town of Shoushi
- 05.22.2017 Russia to supply new gunships, armored equipment & air defense systems to Armenia within CSTO
- 05.19.2017 OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs release statement on escalation in region caused by Azerbaijani actions
- 05.20.2017 Azerbaijan breached truce over 100 times past night
- 05.22.2017 Artsakh will always stay standing. Marguerite Barankitse
- 05.22.2017 2016 Aurora Prize Laureate, Marguerite Barankitse is in Artsakh ( Photos)
- 05.24.2017 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire, fire mortars and automatic grenade launcher at Artsakh posts
- 05.23.2017 "Artsakhpress" news agency celebrates the third anniversary of its foundation