Dozens of letters pour in to UN amid fears the belligerent Bülbüloğlu can become UNESCO Director-General
A group of public figures, including the first Ombudsman of Armenia Larisa Alaverdyan and environmentalist Karine Danielyan, addressed a letter to the UN Secretary General against Polad Bülbüloğlu, Ambassador of Azerbaijan in Russia, nominated for the post of UNESCO Director General.
STEPANAKERT, APRIL 18, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: In addition to the UN Secretary General, the letter has been sent to all members of UNESCO council, as well as to those countries which have nominated candidates.
Representatives of another 8 countries are nominated for the position.
“Against legal Arbitrariness” NGO president Larisa Alaverdyan said this fact is important not only for the UN Secretary General, but also for other states.
“UNESCO has gained rather great reputation during decades of work, as a champion of cultural, scientific and other values. With this letter, we expect that in no event a leader be elected who is actively struggling against these values”, Alaverdyan said.
According to her, it seems like many are joining in sending the letters, not only organizations but also individuals.
Karine Danielyan, president of the “For Sustainable Human Development” NGO and member of the Public Council, said Azerbaijanis and Turks are putting all efforts in order to enter international structures, especially the UN staff.
“Our organization cooperates with UN structures, and when we go to big events, conferences or discussions, then we always see that the organizer or secretary of the given event is either a Turk or an Azerbaijani. Everywhere, even in case of very little chance, issues are solved in favor of Azerbaijan and to the detriment of Armenia”, Danielyan said. She was sad to mention that Armenia, having a big Diaspora, doesn’t take action in this direction.
Media expert Samvel Martirosyan urged to “bombard” the UN, UNESCO head and member-state offices with letters, in order to strengthen impact.
Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to Russia Polad Bülbüloğlu is infamous for his belligerent rhetoric and Anti-Armenianism. In an interview to “Govorit Moskva”, he said the diplomatic ways of settling the Nagorno Karabakh conflict proved to be ineffective, therefore Baku is ready to choose the military path. In addition, when Bülbüloğlu served as Culture Minister of Azerbaijan, the Armenian cross-stones were destroyed in Nakhijevan.
- 12:33 Armenian defense minister’s delegation completes visit to Canada
- 11:34 Moscow hosts exhibition of prominent Armenian sculptor Ara Harutyunyan’s artworks
- 11:30 Argentina president plane makes emergency landing
- 11:23 Russia, US do not reach agreement on investigation into chemical attacks in Syria
- 10:54 Newspaper: Russia politician - Baku wishes to drag Moscow into Karabakh plan
- 10:48 Armenian President receives Brazil’s FM
- 09:36 NATO apologizes to Turkey for troops' withdrawal from drills
- 20:29 FIDE Grand Prix: Aronian celebrates first victory
- 18:59 European Parliament calls for end to Karabakh conflict, opening visa dialogue with Armenia
- 17:24 Dollar drops, euro goes up in Armenia
- 17:14 Nalbandian: Lavrov visit is devoted to 25th anniversary of Armenia-Russia diplomatic relations
- 16:30 Brazil Foreign Minister visits Armenian Genocide Memorial
- 16:29 Economic reforms to encourage more people to stay in Armenia – US ambassador
- 16:18 Brazil’s FM calls on to encourage Armenian and Brazilian investors
- 15:43 Mexico supports OSCE Minsk Group mediation for peaceful settlement of NK conflict
- 15:28 Turkey withdraws 40 troops from NATO drills
- 14:59 Sergey Minasyan named Armenia’s new Ambassador to Romania
- 14:43 Armenian FM presents efforts on moving forward NK conflict settlement process to his Brazilian counterpart
- 14:21 Exact date of meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs not clarified yet
- 14:00 Armenia FM: Azerbaijan attempts to appear in sheep’s clothing will not succeed
- 13:38 President of the National Assembly Convenes a Working Consultation
- 13:17 President Bako Sahakyan partakes at the opening ceremony of the new gold processing center in Stepanakert
- 12:52 Armenian church on the brink of collapse in Turkey’s Bitlis
- 12:47 Serena Williams, Alexis Ohanian get married
- 12:45 New MUTV documentary about Mkhitaryan released online
- 12:36 Facebook adds trust indicators to identify real journalism
- 11:51 Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks to support COAF charity event
- 11:33 Matthew Bryza: Karabakh conflict good example of cooperation between US and Russia
- 10:29 FIDE Grand Prix 2017: Aronian draws with Jakovenko
- 10:18 Russian official: Baku will make compromises over Karabakh settlement when facing coordinated pressure
- 10:10 Armenian soldier discharged from hospital 2 weeks after complicated skull prosthesis surgery
- 10:05 Quake damages part of Tigranakert fortress
- 09:44 Misha: I will do everything to win
- 09:31 Quake damages a house in Karabakh's Stepanakert
- 17:11 NKR FM Met with Members of the Standing Committee on Foreign Relations of the National Assembly of Artsakh
- 16:56 Dollar, euro are down in Armenia
- 16:53 Armenia air defense forces obtain large number of new generation Igla missile systems
- 16:31 Azerbaijani FM meets OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs in Moscow
- 16:08 Parliament Speaker Babloyan to depart for Russia
- 15:36 Lavrov to discuss Karabakh during Armenia and Azerbaijan visits
- 15:06 Ashot Ghoulyan to chair the commission on organizing celebrations marking the 30th anniversary of the Karabagh Movement
- 14:48 Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan receives philanthropist Nikolay Sarkisov
- 14:31 Solar roofing installations to begin in Shushi and Askeran communities in 2018
- 14:25 There is certain activeness by OSCE MG Co-Chairs on NK conflict – deputy FM Kocharyan
- 12:51 Netherlands Senate: Armenia has unique position to become bridge between EU and Russia
- 12:17 Global oil prices on the rise
- 12:09 Karabakh conflict: Austria OSCE Chairmanship urges to implement Vienna, St. Petersburg agreements
- 11:47 EP adopts resolution recognizing Artsakh people’s right to self-determination: Azerbaijani provocation failed
- 11:39 Newspaper: Russia analyst says FM Lavrov’s visit to Armenia is no ordinary trip
- 11:14 Armenia-Iran railway construction not economically beneficial?
- 10:32 Turkish historian Taner Akcam’s Armenian Genocide book to be available January 2018
- 10:06 Preliminary reports: No quake victims in Azerbaijan
- 10:00 German human rights group insists on erecting Armenian Genocide monuments
- 09:51 Armenian Genocide video clip presented at KLIK Amsterdam Animation Festival
- 09:47 Armenian President meets with his Russian counterpart in Kremlin
- 09:43 Quake hits Azerbaijan, felt in Karabakh and Armenia
- 14:05 2018 State Budget draft presented to Artsakh Parliament
- 12:33 UN slams North Korea for human rights abuses
- 11:33 Global oil prices falling
- 11:22 Serzh Sargsyan to pay working visit to Russia
- 11.14.2017 The number of foreign visitors to Matenadaran-Gandzasar scientific cultural center has increased by 50%
- 11.15.2017 Parliament adopts new law on military service
- 11.15.2017 2018 State Budget draft presented to Artsakh Parliament
- 11.17.2017 President Bako Sahakyan partakes at the opening ceremony of the new gold processing center in Stepanakert
- 11.16.2017 Ashot Ghoulyan to chair the commission on organizing celebrations marking the 30th anniversary of the Karabagh Movement
- 11.16.2017 NKR FM Met with Members of the Standing Committee on Foreign Relations of the National Assembly of Artsakh
- 11.15.2017 Variety: Armenian Genocide film director unable to get Turkish official to go on camera
- 11.16.2017 Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan receives philanthropist Nikolay Sarkisov
- 11.17.2017 Misha: I will do everything to win