Dozens of letters pour in to UN amid fears the belligerent Bülbüloğlu can become UNESCO Director-General
A group of public figures, including the first Ombudsman of Armenia Larisa Alaverdyan and environmentalist Karine Danielyan, addressed a letter to the UN Secretary General against Polad Bülbüloğlu, Ambassador of Azerbaijan in Russia, nominated for the post of UNESCO Director General.
STEPANAKERT, APRIL 18, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: In addition to the UN Secretary General, the letter has been sent to all members of UNESCO council, as well as to those countries which have nominated candidates.
Representatives of another 8 countries are nominated for the position.
“Against legal Arbitrariness” NGO president Larisa Alaverdyan said this fact is important not only for the UN Secretary General, but also for other states.
“UNESCO has gained rather great reputation during decades of work, as a champion of cultural, scientific and other values. With this letter, we expect that in no event a leader be elected who is actively struggling against these values”, Alaverdyan said.
According to her, it seems like many are joining in sending the letters, not only organizations but also individuals.
Karine Danielyan, president of the “For Sustainable Human Development” NGO and member of the Public Council, said Azerbaijanis and Turks are putting all efforts in order to enter international structures, especially the UN staff.
“Our organization cooperates with UN structures, and when we go to big events, conferences or discussions, then we always see that the organizer or secretary of the given event is either a Turk or an Azerbaijani. Everywhere, even in case of very little chance, issues are solved in favor of Azerbaijan and to the detriment of Armenia”, Danielyan said. She was sad to mention that Armenia, having a big Diaspora, doesn’t take action in this direction.
Media expert Samvel Martirosyan urged to “bombard” the UN, UNESCO head and member-state offices with letters, in order to strengthen impact.
Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to Russia Polad Bülbüloğlu is infamous for his belligerent rhetoric and Anti-Armenianism. In an interview to “Govorit Moskva”, he said the diplomatic ways of settling the Nagorno Karabakh conflict proved to be ineffective, therefore Baku is ready to choose the military path. In addition, when Bülbüloğlu served as Culture Minister of Azerbaijan, the Armenian cross-stones were destroyed in Nakhijevan.
- 14:49 Bako Sahakyan re-elected as President of Artsakh by the country’s parliament
- 18:51 Joint Statement by EuFoA Director and MEPs on the recent conflict escalation in the Line of Contact in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10:19 Screening of author films in village Khachmach, Artsakh
- 18:38 ‘Massacre of Maragha has not been internationally addressed properly’ – Ambassador Tigran Mkrtchyan’s interview to Bernardinai.lt
- 17:53 Alexander Lapshin pleads not guilty in Baku trial
- 14:12 Turkey deports BBC correspondent
- 12:30 Taking Up the Challenge of Peace
- 12:08 Edward Nalbandian does not rule out meeting with Azerbaijani FM in July
- 12:00 Nalbandian: Not a single document can be signed without Karabakh
- 10:37 Bako Sahakyan sent a congratulatory letter to Serzh Sargsyan in connection with his birthday
- 10:15 Lavrov and Tillerson discuss ‘urgent issues of Russian-American agenda’
- 15:10 Armenia President, Japan parliamentary deputy FM confer on bilateral relations
- 14:25 3 Armenian doctors awarded Fridtjof Nansen Gold Medals for Nuba Mountains mission
- 13:36 Bako Sahakyan visits Stepanakert Memorial (Photos)
- 12:17 Deputy FM Kocharyan comments on EU Delegation chief’s statement
- 11:17 Armenia, Artsakh commemorate over 800 MIA paramilitary of Artsakh War
- 09:38 Militants, who fought among IS groups, can take certain actions in Azerbaijan
- 17:57 Armenian Ambassador to US: Armenia and US discuss meeting at level of presidents
- 16:50 Russia’s Putin submits Russian-Armenian agreement on Joint Group of Forces for Duma ratification
- 16:12 Bako Sahakyan was present at the opening of the "Issues and Prospects of Higher Education" conference
- 15:22 Iranian speaker: Israel’s involvement in Karabakh conflict to have negative consequences
- 13:13 Pedro Agramunt removed from EPP political group at PACE
- 13:03 Escalation of anti-Azerbaijani moods in Chechnya is possible
- 12:28 Armenia MOD: Azerbaijan lost 8 soldiers in past 10 days
- 11:37 Armenia defense minister not happy with Russia arms supplies to Azerbaijan
- 11:12 ‘Prokhanov has fascist ideas’ – Israeli political scientist Avigdor Eskin comments on Russian figure’s statements in Artsakh
- 09:56 Trump and Macron discuss situation in Middle East and G20 summit
- 09:47 Islamic State tricks Yazidi sex slave into eating own child
- 21:05 Avigdor Eskin Was Received In the National Assembly
- 17:55 Kremlin disagrees with Macron’s remarks on Ukraine
- 15:49 PACE approves amendment permitting to dismiss Agramunt
- 14:48 Elizabeth II's income almost doubles
- 13:50 Armenian businessman shot in Moscow dies in hospital
- 10:31 Global oil prices are up
- 10:14 Merkel: Europeans should stop relying on US
- 16:45 Dollar continues to gain value in Armenia
- 16:35 Summer school to be held in Artsakh
- 14:38 Armenian Armed Forces draw respective conclusion from Azerbaijan’s military exercises
- 14:29 Armenian Armed Forces fully capable of preventing war – Chief of General Staff
- 13:11 Quake hits western Turkey again
- 10:57 Bako Sahakyan partook at a festive event celebrating the 15th anniversary of the "Base Metals" company
- 10:33 Armenia delegation to attend PACE summer session
- 10:27 Presidential elections begin in Mongolia
- 09:58 Six killed as Colombia boat sinks in north-western reservoir
- 12:20 International Sambo Tournament launched in Stepanakert (Photos)
- 11:17 More than 100 people missing in Sichuan after Chinese landslide
- 11:00 Armenia MOD bus overturns, 12 soldiers injured
- 09:49 Nagorno-Karabakh conflict should only be resolved through dialogue. Belgian Senator
- 17:00 Putin and Erdogan discuss Turkish Stream
- 16:45 International Sambo Tournament to be held in Artsakh
- 15:21 Newborn screening will be carried out in Artsakh
- 15:13 May: Offers on status of EU citizens in UK are very serious and fair
- 13:29 Death toll in Pakistan explosion rises to 11
- 13:17 OSCE conducts monitoring to north-west of Artsakh’s Talish village
- 12:53 5 people killed in Pakistan explosion
- 10:58 Armenian National Committee of Egypt continues pro-Armenian activity: Movies being shot on Armenia
- 10:11 ‘Hayastan’ All-Armenian Fund donates 100.000 Euros to Syrian-Armenians
- 09:52 Artsakh’s culture minister holds meeting with Belgian Senator in Stepanakert
- 17:53 Armenian FM leaves for Serbia
- 17:45 Armenian-American Artist Norik Astvatsaturov to Receive National Endowment for Arts Fellowship