Dozens of letters pour in to UN amid fears the belligerent Bülbüloğlu can become UNESCO Director-General
A group of public figures, including the first Ombudsman of Armenia Larisa Alaverdyan and environmentalist Karine Danielyan, addressed a letter to the UN Secretary General against Polad Bülbüloğlu, Ambassador of Azerbaijan in Russia, nominated for the post of UNESCO Director General.
STEPANAKERT, APRIL 18, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: In addition to the UN Secretary General, the letter has been sent to all members of UNESCO council, as well as to those countries which have nominated candidates.
Representatives of another 8 countries are nominated for the position.
“Against legal Arbitrariness” NGO president Larisa Alaverdyan said this fact is important not only for the UN Secretary General, but also for other states.
“UNESCO has gained rather great reputation during decades of work, as a champion of cultural, scientific and other values. With this letter, we expect that in no event a leader be elected who is actively struggling against these values”, Alaverdyan said.
According to her, it seems like many are joining in sending the letters, not only organizations but also individuals.
Karine Danielyan, president of the “For Sustainable Human Development” NGO and member of the Public Council, said Azerbaijanis and Turks are putting all efforts in order to enter international structures, especially the UN staff.
“Our organization cooperates with UN structures, and when we go to big events, conferences or discussions, then we always see that the organizer or secretary of the given event is either a Turk or an Azerbaijani. Everywhere, even in case of very little chance, issues are solved in favor of Azerbaijan and to the detriment of Armenia”, Danielyan said. She was sad to mention that Armenia, having a big Diaspora, doesn’t take action in this direction.
Media expert Samvel Martirosyan urged to “bombard” the UN, UNESCO head and member-state offices with letters, in order to strengthen impact.
Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to Russia Polad Bülbüloğlu is infamous for his belligerent rhetoric and Anti-Armenianism. In an interview to “Govorit Moskva”, he said the diplomatic ways of settling the Nagorno Karabakh conflict proved to be ineffective, therefore Baku is ready to choose the military path. In addition, when Bülbüloğlu served as Culture Minister of Azerbaijan, the Armenian cross-stones were destroyed in Nakhijevan.
- 17:42 Dollar decline continues in Armenia
- 17:10 Criminal proceedings launched over Azerbaijani shooting of Armenian soldier
- 16:45 Nalbandian-Mammadyarov meeting kicks off in Kraków, Poland
- 16:26 Garo Paylan responds to publication of Turkish newspapers
- 15:35 6 marksmen from Armenia to compete in Munich Int’l Tournament
- 15:21 French Ambassador expects strengthening of Francophonie positions in Armenia by upcoming summit in Yerevan
- 14:32 Bus fire kills 52 Uzbeks travelling in Kazakhstan
- 14:26 President Putin invites CIS countries to become EAEU observers
- 13:45 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger comments on Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s transfer
- 13:05 Armenia President to address PACE on January 24
- 12:59 Meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs in Kraków is expected and desirable, says French Ambassador
- 12:11 Armenia military truck and car crash, 2 dead
- 10:59 Sotk – Karvachar road, Vardenyats pass difficult to pass
- 10:53 Turkey discussing with Russia, US possible Syria military operation
- 09:42 US Congressman presents resolution to expand US-Artsakh ties
- 09:34 Turkish politician admits she attended Armenian Genocide event
- 09:19 Armenian FM meets OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs in Krakow
- 17:58 World Bank group helps improve inspections system in Armenia, reduce costs
- 17:20 Dollar continues to decline in Armenia
- 17:06 The first solar power station to be built in Artsakh with foreign investments
- 16:41 Armenian minister of agriculture departs for Germany
- 16:30 State Minister: 2018 will be a big year for Artsakh’s economy
- 15:53 Nagorno-Karabakh on UN's 2018 priority list
- 15:34 Global oil prices are down
- 15:33 Arrested ethnic Armenian in Istanbul is Turkish citizen – FM spokesman
- 15:07 Snow reported on Artik and Akhuryan roads
- 14:44 Russian flight from Mexico postponed due to 'order to deport four Armenians'
- 14:26 US proposes to split California into two states
- 14:02 MP Naghdalyan comments on leaving PACE delegation, rumors on disagreements with Arpine Hovhannisyan
- 13:07 Cigarettes without graphic health hazard warning images to remain in market until expiry date
- 12:18 Internal solution for Syria would be better: UN chief
- 11:40 Erdogan to meet Pope Francis in Vatican
- 11:33 Davit Babayan: UNESCO monitoring may only be simultaneously held in Artsakh and Azerbaijan
- 11:17 Mkhitaryan prefers Borussia Dortmund over Arsenal – British media
- 10:52 A number of screening programs to be organized in Artsakh
- 10:51 US deeply concerned over Turkey’s violations of fundamental human rights
- 10:46 Syrian opposition calls on Trump and EU to put pressure on Russia and Iran
- 10:45 French and Azerbaijani FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10:37 US, Kazakh Presidents agree to strengthen partnership
- 10:19 Pro-Kurdish party of Turkey congratulates on the late renowned Armenian musician’s birth anniversary
- 09:08 Some highways difficult to pass in Armenia, Stepantsminda-Lars highway open for all types of vehicles
- 17:51 Moscow and Washington working to organize Lavrov-Tillerson meeting
- 17:18 PM May's spokesman: Britain will be leaving the EU
- 16:44 Russian PM Medvedev says risks of terrorist use of cyberweapons soar
- 16:22 ''Teach For Armenia'' receives applications
- 16:21 Russian and Iranian FMs discuss Iranian nuclear agreement
- 16:06 Cavusoglu again uses “leave it to historians” tormented proposal on Armenian Genocide
- 15:45 The results of Artsakh National Lottery’s bonus drawing are known
- 15:42 Snow reported on number of roads in Armenia
- 14:58 Collapse of Colombian bridge kills nine workers, injures five
- 14:25 Armenia included in UN Honour Roll
- 13:52 Famous international specialists, media figures to attend conference dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh movement
- 13:07 Freedom House: Armenia among “partly free” countries
- 12:54 OSCE monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan border passed without incidents
- 12:46 Soldier dies in Artsakh
- 12:42 Turkish MP fined 1/3rd of salary for saying “Kurdistan” in Parliament
- 12:12 Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs to meet in Kraków, Poland
- 11:47 Grigor-Sevak Mkhitaryan wins Brazilian Chess Championship
- 11:42 Rocket lands inside Indian Embassy in Afghanistan's Kabul
- 11:09 Armenian parliament ratifies visa waiver deal with Tajikistan
- 01.16.2018 Soldier dies in Artsakh
- 01.12.2018 Feast of St. Sargis the Warrior to be celebrated January 27
- 01.12.2018 Event dedicated to pianist Bella Parsadanyan on her 80th birthday takes place in Stepanakert
- 01.12.2018 Artsakh Finance Minister: 15% economic growth for 2017 is expected
- 01.12.2018 Karabakh presents bid to host world football cup of unrecognized countries
- 01.12.2018 Trump says US does not need immigrants from “shithole countries”
- 01.12.2018 Macron calls on Trump to abide by nuclear agreement with Iran
- 01.12.2018 Turkey Constitutional Court releases Turkish journalist recognizing Armenian Genocide
- 01.13.2018 Additional 400 million drams to be allocated to boost resettlement program