Dozens of letters pour in to UN amid fears the belligerent Bülbüloğlu can become UNESCO Director-General
A group of public figures, including the first Ombudsman of Armenia Larisa Alaverdyan and environmentalist Karine Danielyan, addressed a letter to the UN Secretary General against Polad Bülbüloğlu, Ambassador of Azerbaijan in Russia, nominated for the post of UNESCO Director General.
STEPANAKERT, APRIL 18, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: In addition to the UN Secretary General, the letter has been sent to all members of UNESCO council, as well as to those countries which have nominated candidates.
Representatives of another 8 countries are nominated for the position.
“Against legal Arbitrariness” NGO president Larisa Alaverdyan said this fact is important not only for the UN Secretary General, but also for other states.
“UNESCO has gained rather great reputation during decades of work, as a champion of cultural, scientific and other values. With this letter, we expect that in no event a leader be elected who is actively struggling against these values”, Alaverdyan said.
According to her, it seems like many are joining in sending the letters, not only organizations but also individuals.
Karine Danielyan, president of the “For Sustainable Human Development” NGO and member of the Public Council, said Azerbaijanis and Turks are putting all efforts in order to enter international structures, especially the UN staff.
“Our organization cooperates with UN structures, and when we go to big events, conferences or discussions, then we always see that the organizer or secretary of the given event is either a Turk or an Azerbaijani. Everywhere, even in case of very little chance, issues are solved in favor of Azerbaijan and to the detriment of Armenia”, Danielyan said. She was sad to mention that Armenia, having a big Diaspora, doesn’t take action in this direction.
Media expert Samvel Martirosyan urged to “bombard” the UN, UNESCO head and member-state offices with letters, in order to strengthen impact.
Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to Russia Polad Bülbüloğlu is infamous for his belligerent rhetoric and Anti-Armenianism. In an interview to “Govorit Moskva”, he said the diplomatic ways of settling the Nagorno Karabakh conflict proved to be ineffective, therefore Baku is ready to choose the military path. In addition, when Bülbüloğlu served as Culture Minister of Azerbaijan, the Armenian cross-stones were destroyed in Nakhijevan.
- 17:40 Dollar continues to decline in Armenia
- 17:13 Artsakh President congratulates Vladimir Putin on victory in Russian presidential election
- 16:49 Absence of international community’s counter response inspires Azerbaijan’s Aliyev – Armenian MFA
- 16:03 Tropical storm Eliakim kills 17 in Madagascar
- 15:26 Poland to ratify CEPA with accelerated procedure after it is ratified by Armenia
- 15:12 Job fair to be organized in Stepanakert
- 14:34 Mkhitaryan donates his car of the best athlete to Rehabilitation Center for wounded and disabled soldiers
- 14:15 Armenia President-elect expected to take oath of office at Yerevan sports, concert complex
- 12:24 Turkish-led forces oust Kurdish fighters from heart of Afrin
- 11:42 Brussels Airlines re-launches regular flights to Yerevan
- 10:53 Minsk to host 2018 Junior Eurovision Song Contest on November 25
- 10:12 12 Armenian candidates participate in Netherlands local elections
- 09:56 President Sargsyan congratulates Vladimir Putin on victory in Russian presidential election
- 09:53 Artsakh President visits St. Mary and Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Churches in Washington
- 09:48 Australian wildfires destroy homes, hundreds of people flee
- 09:39 Putin wins Russian presidential election
- 09:35 Armenian community of America and our American friends are actively involved in international recognition of Artsakh — Artsakh President
- 12:57 11 civilians killed, dozens injured in Turkish air strikes on Afrin’s hospital
- 12:53 Russia summons British ambassador as it readies to expel diplomats
- 12:43 US' Trump, South Korea president vow to keep pressure on North Korea
- 12:20 Two ethnic Armenians gunned down in LA shooting
- 11:25 Lavrov: US intends to devalue Russia’s strategic nuclear capability
- 10:48 Artsakh delegation takes part in international tourism exhibition MITT
- 10:24 Russian nationals will not be able to cast votes at March 18 presidential polls in Ukraine
- 09:40 Artsakh President praises AAA's role in supporting Artsakh
- 09:38 Artsakh's Bako Sahakyan meets with members of Supreme Council of Ramkavar Azatakan Party
- 09:26 China's parliament re-elects Xi Jinping as president
- 09:10 World Chess Candidates Tournament 2018: Aronian defeated by So in round 6
- 18:19 Opening ceremony of memorial to missing persons takes place in Martakert
- 17:55 Arsenal to lock horns with CSKA Moscow
- 17:08 Dollar falling in Armenia
- 16:25 European Parliament passes resolution demanding Turkey withdraws troops from Syria
- 15:54 6 dead in Miami pedestrian bridge collapse
- 15:15 Princess of Thailand visits Matenadaran
- 14:54 Yerevan-Saratov flight makes emergency landing in Moscow due to fog
- 12:55 Artsakh State Minister's working visits kick off in Australia
- 12:20 For centuries Armenian people constituted unique part of Middle East mosaic, says FM Nalbandian
- 11:35 Lars highway open for traffic
- 10:42 Karabakh army soldier dies in car accident during training
- 10:12 Artsakh President visits Center for National Interest in Washington
- 10:09 Involvement of American Armenian community in the life of Artsakh was very much palpable —Artsakh President
- 10:03 Development projects of IT sphere to be given new impetus in Artsakh
- 10:00 Erdogan, Merkel discuss counter-terrorism over phone
- 09:42 U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes in Iraq With Seven Aboard
- 20:28 ‘Days of Artsakh in France’ Underway in Decines-Charpieu City
- 18:13 Photo Exhibition Dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the Karabakh Movement Held in Strasbourg
- 17:44 Istanbul’s Sisli district renames street in honor of slain journalist Hrant Dink
- 17:32 Young Armenian scientist aims sky-high with revolutionary breakthrough invention in nanotechnology
- 17:13 6 minor quakes hit Armenia in past one week
- 16:52 PACE, OSCE/ODIHR to observe presidential elections in Azerbaijan
- 16:40 Dollar gains slight value in Armenia
- 16:14 Superman actor Dean Cain highlights need for recognition of Armenian Genocide in Israel
- 15:36 British expert doesn’t expect change of Azerbaijan's stance over NK conflict issue
- 14:52 ‘We discuss NK conflict with our partners’, says Russia’s foreign ministry spox
- 14:29 Russian foreign ministry considers normal the establishment of Russia-Artsakh Friendship Union NGO
- 14:05 Armenian deputy FM welcomes Russia’s conclusion on arms sales to Azerbaijan after 2016 April war
- 13:29 Armenian FM to attend ministerial meeting to support Lebanon
- 13:10 Monitoring conducted on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact, Azerbaijani side doesn't lead OSCE mission to its front-line positions
- 12:46 Armenia must always be ready for any Azerbaijani provocation – deputy FM on Baku's military drills
- 11:55 Portrait made by Artsakh girl approved by world-renowned Stephen Hawking
- 03.15.2018 Portrait made by Artsakh girl approved by world-renowned Stephen Hawking
- 03.16.2018 Karabakh army soldier dies in car accident during training
- 03.13.2018 Artsakh President arrives in US
- 03.13.2018 Tufenkian charitable foundation installs solar panels at frontline
- 03.15.2018 Artsakh President: Cementing and deepening ties with US have always been and will remain among the fundamental directions of our foreign policy
- 03.14.2018 Teacher retraining courses to be organized in Artsakh
- 03.15.2018 President Sahakyan met with representatives of ANCA
- 03.13.2018 Arayik Harutyunyan participates at ARI annual meeting in Beirut, another 20 detached houses to be built in Aghavno, Kashatagh
- 03.15.2018 Young Armenian scientist aims sky-high with revolutionary breakthrough invention in nanotechnology