War scenario in NK conflict isn’t beneficial for Iran, says expert
The war scenario of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict isn’t gainful for Iran, Gohar Iskandaryan, expert on Iran, told Armenpress.
STEPANAKERT, APRIL 19, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: Speaking on Iranian defense minister Hossein Dehghan’s recent statement that Armenia and Azerbaijan must not allow the interference of third powers in the Karabakh settlement issue, Iskandaryan mentioned this is one of the statements that are made all the time.
“I think the term “third powers” can be attributed to all countries except the Minsk Group, because as we know it is the Group that deals with these issues. The observation is mostly about the fact that nor Turkey has anything to do here, neither even the US can take any special actions. This process is tasked to the Minsk Group, and the Group’s activity is once again highlighted by this”, she said.
During the meeting of the Iranian and Azerbaijani defense ministers, the willingness of enhancing defense cooperation was emphasized.
The expert on Iran stressed it is the actions that matter, not the statements.
“Let me say that a similar statement was made also during the meeting with the Armenian defense minister, and it is very natural. We know, there are disagreements and issues between Iran and Azerbaijan, and it will be interesting to follow how they cooperate in various platforms by overcoming them all, namely in the defense sector. Anyhow, regional security is extremely important and necessary for Iran. Iran accepts very painfully any issue which comes up on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border, because it is a threat for the security of its region and its borders. Iran is also interested in everything to be solved through negotiations, peaceful mediator missions”, she said.
Asked to comment on the Iran-EEU talks on the free trade agreement, she emphasized that the Iran-Eurasian Economic Union cooperation is definitely beneficial for Armenia.
“Iran is greatly interested in this cooperation, eventually it is about such a huge market, but from the latest statements we saw that there issues in the EEU regarding this matter, meaning they don’t want too much to actively cooperate with Iran. There are problems which must be solved. I hope they are mainly related to the legal field, and not to issues between the countries. In terms of Armenia, it will be able to act as a mediator. For numerous times we said that it will be possible to bring some products here and then take it to the EEU market. This is a very interesting thing, but at this moment I don’t notice any particularly positive trends”, she said.
- 10:54 Hayastan All-Armenian Fund meeting is convened in Yerevan
- 09:24 Australia city council to consider motion for Armenian Genocide recognition
- 20:20 President Sahakyan was present in Yerevan at an event dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the “Hayastan” All-Armenian Fund
- 17:46 Congress Introduces Resolution Condemning Turkish Violence in Washington
- 16:28 “Aristotle in Armenia” conference held in Geneva
- 16:18 Martakert celebrates the Last Bell with grandeur
- 16:09 Popov: Number of OSCE international observers at Karabakh conflict zone will increase to 7
- 15:11 Investigation on blogger Lapshin's case ends
- 13:42 Artsakh soldier killed by Azerbaijani gunfire
- 12:48 Artsakh celebrates Last Bell
- 11:09 Uncultivated lands in Armenia can be used for development of organic agriculture, says German expert
- 10:54 Ankara accuses US authorities on Turkish attack against DC peaceful protesters
- 10:36 Merkel urges Erdogan to release German journalist arrested in Turkey
- 17:34 8 people arrested in connection with Manchester attack
- 17:28 Armenia MOD delegation heads for Russia
- 16:08 Congress introduces resolution condemning Turkish violence in Washington, D.C.
- 15:11 CSTO Crisis Response Center will soon start work
- 14:26 Azerbaijan violates OSCE Artsakh monitoring procedure agreement
- 13:05 Solemn awarding ceremony in the residence of the Artsakh Republic President
- 12:25 Theresa May to confront Trump over Manchester leaks
- 11:04 Armenia fallen hero’s relative is among victims of incident outside Turkey ambassador’s residence in Washington
- 17:33 The number of roes has increased in Artsakh forests
- 17:10 About 20 people are in critical condition after Manchester attack
- 16:56 Kazakhstan to investigate bond acquisition from collapsing Azerbaijani bank
- 15:14 Armenian FM participates at conference on "Victims of Ethnic and Religious Violence in the Middle East"
- 15:04 Armenia PM to head for Russia
- 14:15 Delegation of Shushi Municipality will visit Bourg-Les-Valence, France
- 13:39 White House recommends cutting aid to Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 13:26 Restoration of Shoushi’s Realakan College remains one of main issues of the city
- 11:47 OSCE to conduct monitoring in Martakert region
- 11:32 We have housing problem. Mayor of Shushi
- 09:39 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire, fire mortars and automatic grenade launcher at Artsakh posts
- 15:15 "Artsakhpress" news agency opened press center on occasion of the third anniversary of its foundation
- 14:30 Mogherini: EU is willing to expand and deepen cooperation with Armenia
- 09:42 Azerbaijani forces fire D-44 cannon at Artsakh line of contact
- 09:13 "Artsakhpress" news agency celebrates the third anniversary of its foundation
- 19:05 Artsakh will always stay standing. Marguerite Barankitse
- 17:56 2016 Aurora Prize Laureate, Marguerite Barankitse is in Artsakh ( Photos)
- 15:34 Russia, Turkey sign agreement on lifting mutual trade restrictions
- 14:24 Russia to supply new gunships, armored equipment & air defense systems to Armenia within CSTO
- 14:01 Iraq stops importing tomato from Turkey
- 13:45 Levon Aronian to participate at Norway Chess tournament
- 12:27 Greek President to visit Turkey for the first time
- 12:11 Edward Nalbandian to head for Brussels
- 11:08 3 climbers die on Mount Everest
- 09:39 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire, fire mortar at Artsakh posts
- 10:02 Artsakh soldier killed by Azerbaijani fire
- 09:46 Azerbaijan breached truce over 100 times past night
- 09:34 Azerbaijani forces fire mortar, anti-tank grenade launcher at Artsakh line of contact
- 09:17 OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs release statement on escalation in region caused by Azerbaijani actions
- 16:57 Artsakh Republic President visited the town of Shoushi
- 12:58 ‘The Promise’ soundtrack author, Grammy winning singer Chris Cornell dead at 52
- 12:09 Justice ministry demands that Armenian member of Turkey parliament be stripped of immunity
- 09:25 Azerbaijan used mortar, grenade launcher, cannon at night
- 16:49 Putin ready to provide records of Trump-Lavrov talks to prove no secrets were leaked
- 15:44 Artsakh’s military preventive actions make Azerbaijan suffer losses
- 12:41 Artsakh defense army dismisses Azerbaijan “information”
- 12:33 Bako Sahakyan hosts American-Armenian writer Hovsep Nalbandyan
- 12:17 Bako Sahakyan signed decree on the 2017 summer draft and demobilization
- 11:25 Armenia FM to head for Cyprus
- 05.26.2017 Artsakh soldier killed by Azerbaijani gunfire
- 05.22.2017 Russia to supply new gunships, armored equipment & air defense systems to Armenia within CSTO
- 05.25.2017 Solemn awarding ceremony in the residence of the Artsakh Republic President
- 05.26.2017 Martakert celebrates the Last Bell with grandeur
- 05.22.2017 Artsakh will always stay standing. Marguerite Barankitse
- 05.22.2017 2016 Aurora Prize Laureate, Marguerite Barankitse is in Artsakh ( Photos)
- 05.24.2017 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire, fire mortars and automatic grenade launcher at Artsakh posts
- 05.23.2017 "Artsakhpress" news agency celebrates the third anniversary of its foundation
- 05.23.2017 Azerbaijani forces fire D-44 cannon at Artsakh line of contact
- 05.23.2017 "Artsakhpress" news agency opened press center on occasion of the third anniversary of its foundation