War scenario in NK conflict isn’t beneficial for Iran, says expert
The war scenario of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict isn’t gainful for Iran, Gohar Iskandaryan, expert on Iran, told Armenpress.
STEPANAKERT, APRIL 19, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: Speaking on Iranian defense minister Hossein Dehghan’s recent statement that Armenia and Azerbaijan must not allow the interference of third powers in the Karabakh settlement issue, Iskandaryan mentioned this is one of the statements that are made all the time.
“I think the term “third powers” can be attributed to all countries except the Minsk Group, because as we know it is the Group that deals with these issues. The observation is mostly about the fact that nor Turkey has anything to do here, neither even the US can take any special actions. This process is tasked to the Minsk Group, and the Group’s activity is once again highlighted by this”, she said.
During the meeting of the Iranian and Azerbaijani defense ministers, the willingness of enhancing defense cooperation was emphasized.
The expert on Iran stressed it is the actions that matter, not the statements.
“Let me say that a similar statement was made also during the meeting with the Armenian defense minister, and it is very natural. We know, there are disagreements and issues between Iran and Azerbaijan, and it will be interesting to follow how they cooperate in various platforms by overcoming them all, namely in the defense sector. Anyhow, regional security is extremely important and necessary for Iran. Iran accepts very painfully any issue which comes up on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border, because it is a threat for the security of its region and its borders. Iran is also interested in everything to be solved through negotiations, peaceful mediator missions”, she said.
Asked to comment on the Iran-EEU talks on the free trade agreement, she emphasized that the Iran-Eurasian Economic Union cooperation is definitely beneficial for Armenia.
“Iran is greatly interested in this cooperation, eventually it is about such a huge market, but from the latest statements we saw that there issues in the EEU regarding this matter, meaning they don’t want too much to actively cooperate with Iran. There are problems which must be solved. I hope they are mainly related to the legal field, and not to issues between the countries. In terms of Armenia, it will be able to act as a mediator. For numerous times we said that it will be possible to bring some products here and then take it to the EEU market. This is a very interesting thing, but at this moment I don’t notice any particularly positive trends”, she said.
- 12:31 Working day of April 30 to be moved to May 5 in Artsakh
- 12:17 Austria says will bar Turkish politicians from campaigning on its soil
- 12:04 Russia says Trump invited Putin to U.S. during phone call
- 12:02 Man linked to 9/11 attacks on U.S. captured in Syria: Pentagon
- 11:51 Russian Foreign Ministry evacuated over bomb threat
- 11:29 Nearly 40 people slightly injured in Austrian train accident
- 10:53 Azerbaijani leadership with morbid obsession ignores or distorts everything - deputy foreign minister
- 10:34 EU granted 500,000 people asylum protection in 2017
- 10:13 Syria’s Assad returns Legion d'honneur 2001 award to France
- 10:10 Catholicos Aram I of Great House of Cilicia arrives in Armenia
- 09:42 US concerned over Turkey’s ability to hold snap elections during state of emergency
- 09:33 There is no desire to use measures of compulsion, but permissiveness cannot prevail in the country – Serzh Sargsyan speaks about Yerevan rallies
- 09:11 Azerbaijan should get rid of false illusions for settling NK conflict – PM Serzh Sargsyan
- 18:15 Number of tourists visiting Artsakh’s Vank village increases, head of the community (photos)
- 17:44 South Korea's Moon says North seeking 'complete denuclearization'
- 16:59 Finance, territorial administration, economy ministers re-appointed by President
- 16:45 Dollar drop not stopping in Armenia
- 16:30 Economic conference to be held in Stepanakert, foreign businessmen will participate
- 15:29 Special attention is paid to solving social problems of servicemen, President of Artsakh
- 14:58 Artsakh Defense Army replenished with new equipment, Artsakh President
- 14:51 Hovhannes Nikoghosyan appointed spokesperson of Prime Minister
- 14:50 Mkhitaryan back on track after injury-related hiatus
- 14:01 PM Medvedev highlights Serzh Sargsyan’s personal contribution to development of Armenian- Russian allied relations
- 13:07 Kyrgyz president dismisses republic’s cabinet
- 12:44 Kyrgyzstan’s parliament votes no-confident to republic’s cabinet
- 11:50 EU on Yerevan protests: All parties involved should show restraint and responsibility
- 11:48 5.9 magnitude earthquake hits southern Iran
- 11:47 Latvian parliament ratifies EU-Armenia agreement
- 11:42 Armenia president signs EU-Armenia agreement
- 11:27 Turkey extends ongoing state of emergency for 7th consecutive time
- 10:54 Hundreds flee homes as 4.4 magnitude quake strikes Indonesia
- 10:31 Nobel Prize winning play to be staged in Shushi, Artsakh
- 09:42 Saudi cinema launch ends decades-old ban, public screenings start Friday
- 09:35 Turkey to dismiss 3,000 people in military
- 09:20 Glendale City Council approves Armenian American Museum
- 18:31 Doctors from Yerevan to conduct free examinations in Stepanakert maternity hospital
- 17:56 Britain admits OPCW did not confirm ‘essential evidence’ on origin of Skripal poison
- 17:43 President Sarkissian signs decree on appointing Karen Karapetyan First Deputy Prime Minister
- 17:29 Armenia’s Hrant Melkumyan among leaders of Bangkok Chess Club Open
- 17:09 Turkey's Erdogan declares early elections on June 24
- 17:08 Armenian national security neutralizes bank account scamming syndicate
- 16:49 Artsakh denies opening gunfire, wounding Azerbaijani villager
- 16:11 Artsakh army soldier Ruslan Manukyan posthumously awarded with "For Service in Battle" medal
- 15:56 Brazil can be a big market for Armenian mineral waters, food products and alcoholic drinks
- 15:55 “Yerevan, you are wonderful” – Alexander Lapshin arrives in Armenia for 1st time after highly publicized Baku jailing
- 15:26 British regulator opens seven investigations into Russia's RT news channel
- 14:33 Peskov: Kremlin monitoring developments in Armenia
- 14:29 Media watchdog warns Facebook may face block in Russia unless databases are localized
- 13:33 Investigation launched into death of Artsakh soldier
- 13:09 Iran says will make or buy any weapons it needs, lambasts 'invading powers'
- 12:46 Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan border passes in accordance with the agreed schedule
- 12:45 Weapons are smuggled through Slovakia to Azerbaijan, Czech reporters reveal
- 12:43 Dutch State Secretary to attend Armenian Genocide commemoration in Yerevan
- 12:40 Ilham Aliyev’s inauguration to 4th term in office underway in Azerbaijani parliament
- 12:21 Iran's Rouhani, Turkey's Erdogan discuss Syria on phone
- 11:37 Iran says its military power no threat to neighbours
- 11:32 US State Department reacts to Armenia demonstrations, hails police conduct
- 11:28 Demonstrators reach PM residence in Yerevan
- 10:55 Monuments in Artsakh date back to Stone Age and Late Middle Ages, historian
- 10:20 Trump urges Turkey to release American pastor charged for participating in 2016 military coup attempt
- 04.16.2018 Soldier dies in one of military units of Artsakh’s Defense Army
- 04.18.2018 Armenian national security neutralizes bank account scamming syndicate
- 04.14.2018 Management of “Pedigree station” CJSC handed over to Shushi Technological University
- 04.13.2018 New details on Tavush landmine explosion as military launches probe
- 04.19.2018 Artsakh Defense Army replenished with new equipment, Artsakh President
- 04.17.2018 Armenian lawmakers elect Serzh Sargsyan as Prime Minister in historic vote
- 04.13.2018 Artsakh NA President receives participants of Students Forum dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement
- 04.18.2018 Artsakh soldier killed in landmine explosion
- 04.18.2018 “Yerevan, you are wonderful” – Alexander Lapshin arrives in Armenia for 1st time after highly publicized Baku jailing