Int’l community must counter Azerbaijan, not organize European events in Baku. Artsakh presidential spox
There is nothing unusual in Azerbaijan’s aggression. Azerbaijan is usually making criminal actions, and this time it took such steps again, David Babayan, spokesman of Artsakh’s President told Armenpress.
STEPANAKERT, MAY 16, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: “Fortunately no one was hurt, also we didn’t lose important military hardware. Azerbaijan’s action is not only a display of aggression against Artsakh, but also against the entire civilized world. Azerbaijan is behaving in similar aggressive conduct against the international community. For example the closure of the OSCE office. The international community must respond with relevant steps, and not organize events of Pan-European significance in Baku. Numerous international organizations have lost their immune system by tasting the Azerbaijani caviar. That’s why this situation exists”, Babayan said.
Babayan links the Azerbaijani activeness with serious economic problems in the country. Manifestations of financial crisis exist in Azerbaijan. They deliver a blow to the interests of numerous people, a difficult social situation is being created in the country. What must be done? Of course, the clan doesn’t want to lose the billions which it has stolen daily, therefore, in order to distract the Azerbaijani population from social problems, it must take terrorist actions. In addition, the factor of close cooperation with Turkey exists, according to Babayan Turkey also urges Azerbaijan to take such actions.
Babayan emphasized that Artsakh is doing its best to suppress the aggressor. This kind of terror acts do not chance the military-political balance in the region, Artsakh’s Defense Army remains in control of the strategic proactiveness.
Azerbaijani forces made over 55 ceasefire breaches in the Artsakh line of contact on May 15 and overnight May 16, firing more than 1200 shots from various caliber firearms at Artsakh’s military
Azerbaijani troops also fires 60mm mortars (3 shells) and anti-tank grenade launchers (9 shells) in various parts of the line of contact.
In the eastern direction, Azerbaijan fired a SPIKE anti-tank guided missile, partially damaging a military hardware.
The defense ministry of Artsakh reported that the Defense Army took countermeasures to suppress the Azerbaijani aggression.
- 14:39 Renowned pianist Shahan Artsruni will give a concert in Stepanakert
- 14:31 Armenia defense minister heads for Cyprus
- 13:04 The Armed Forces fully control the situation on the frontline - Movses Hakobyan
- 12:22 Armenian Deputy FM: OSCE Minsk Group moving slowly but steadily
- 12:11 New arrests in Manchester amid extensive investigation into May 22 attack
- 11:52 In the current year 33 citizens benefited from the “ARI” program
- 10:47 World oil prices are down
- 10:40 North Korea firest third missile in a week
- 10:34 Over 20 people killed in lightning in India
- 10:23 Ruben Ostlund's 'The Square' wins Palme d'Or at Cannes
- 10:54 Hayastan All-Armenian Fund meeting is convened in Yerevan
- 09:24 Australia city council to consider motion for Armenian Genocide recognition
- 20:20 President Sahakyan was present in Yerevan at an event dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the “Hayastan” All-Armenian Fund
- 17:46 Congress Introduces Resolution Condemning Turkish Violence in Washington
- 16:28 “Aristotle in Armenia” conference held in Geneva
- 16:18 Martakert celebrates the Last Bell with grandeur
- 16:09 Popov: Number of OSCE international observers at Karabakh conflict zone will increase to 7
- 15:11 Investigation on blogger Lapshin's case ends
- 13:42 Artsakh soldier killed by Azerbaijani gunfire
- 12:48 Artsakh celebrates Last Bell
- 11:09 Uncultivated lands in Armenia can be used for development of organic agriculture, says German expert
- 10:54 Ankara accuses US authorities on Turkish attack against DC peaceful protesters
- 10:36 Merkel urges Erdogan to release German journalist arrested in Turkey
- 17:34 8 people arrested in connection with Manchester attack
- 17:28 Armenia MOD delegation heads for Russia
- 16:08 Congress introduces resolution condemning Turkish violence in Washington, D.C.
- 15:11 CSTO Crisis Response Center will soon start work
- 14:26 Azerbaijan violates OSCE Artsakh monitoring procedure agreement
- 13:05 Solemn awarding ceremony in the residence of the Artsakh Republic President
- 12:25 Theresa May to confront Trump over Manchester leaks
- 11:04 Armenia fallen hero’s relative is among victims of incident outside Turkey ambassador’s residence in Washington
- 17:33 The number of roes has increased in Artsakh forests
- 17:10 About 20 people are in critical condition after Manchester attack
- 16:56 Kazakhstan to investigate bond acquisition from collapsing Azerbaijani bank
- 15:14 Armenian FM participates at conference on "Victims of Ethnic and Religious Violence in the Middle East"
- 15:04 Armenia PM to head for Russia
- 14:15 Delegation of Shushi Municipality will visit Bourg-Les-Valence, France
- 13:39 White House recommends cutting aid to Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 13:26 Restoration of Shoushi’s Realakan College remains one of main issues of the city
- 11:47 OSCE to conduct monitoring in Martakert region
- 11:32 We have housing problem. Mayor of Shushi
- 09:39 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire, fire mortars and automatic grenade launcher at Artsakh posts
- 15:15 "Artsakhpress" news agency opened press center on occasion of the third anniversary of its foundation
- 14:30 Mogherini: EU is willing to expand and deepen cooperation with Armenia
- 09:42 Azerbaijani forces fire D-44 cannon at Artsakh line of contact
- 09:13 "Artsakhpress" news agency celebrates the third anniversary of its foundation
- 19:05 Artsakh will always stay standing. Marguerite Barankitse
- 17:56 2016 Aurora Prize Laureate, Marguerite Barankitse is in Artsakh ( Photos)
- 15:34 Russia, Turkey sign agreement on lifting mutual trade restrictions
- 14:24 Russia to supply new gunships, armored equipment & air defense systems to Armenia within CSTO
- 14:01 Iraq stops importing tomato from Turkey
- 13:45 Levon Aronian to participate at Norway Chess tournament
- 12:27 Greek President to visit Turkey for the first time
- 12:11 Edward Nalbandian to head for Brussels
- 11:08 3 climbers die on Mount Everest
- 09:39 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire, fire mortar at Artsakh posts
- 10:02 Artsakh soldier killed by Azerbaijani fire
- 09:46 Azerbaijan breached truce over 100 times past night
- 09:34 Azerbaijani forces fire mortar, anti-tank grenade launcher at Artsakh line of contact
- 09:17 OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs release statement on escalation in region caused by Azerbaijani actions
- 05.26.2017 Artsakh soldier killed by Azerbaijani gunfire
- 05.26.2017 Martakert celebrates the Last Bell with grandeur
- 05.25.2017 Solemn awarding ceremony in the residence of the Artsakh Republic President
- 05.24.2017 Azerbaijani forces violate ceasefire, fire mortars and automatic grenade launcher at Artsakh posts
- 05.23.2017 Azerbaijani forces fire D-44 cannon at Artsakh line of contact
- 05.23.2017 "Artsakhpress" news agency opened press center on occasion of the third anniversary of its foundation
- 05.24.2017 We have housing problem. Mayor of Shushi
- 05.24.2017 Delegation of Shushi Municipality will visit Bourg-Les-Valence, France
- 05.23.2017 Mogherini: EU is willing to expand and deepen cooperation with Armenia
- 05.24.2017 Armenian FM participates at conference on "Victims of Ethnic and Religious Violence in the Middle East"