Armenia, Artsakh commemorate over 800 MIA paramilitary of Artsakh War
On June 29, Armenia and Artsakh commemorate the paramilitary troops of Artsakh War who are missing in action.
STEPANAKERT, JUNE 29, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: Viktor Kocharyan, chairman of the state commission of POWs, hostages and missing people affairs told that more than 600 people are considered missing in action from Nagorno Karabakh during the War, however this number isn’t final.
“We are also working to clarify the number of Shahumyan locals, because they mostly moved to Russia”, he said.
According to Viktor Kocharyan, the works aimed at finding and returning the missing don’t give any result.
“As always, Azerbaijan doesn’t establish direct contact with us, and works in this direction are rather hard. Whatever is possible, is done with the help of the International Committee of the Red Cross”, he said.
Material, moral and psychological assistance is provided to the families of the missing paramilitary troops in Artsakh.
Armen Kaprielyan, head of the task force of Armenia’s commission on prisoners, hostages and missing people told that more than 200 people are considered missing in Armenia as result of the Artsakh War.
“We’ve had some successes in numerous international platforms in the direction of finding and returning the missing people as result of the Karabakh conflict. However, the Azerbaijani side must be involved in this process. We are using all possible international platforms for achieving success”, he said.
Kaprielyan mentioned that the families of the missing paramilitary troops are provide with aid, ranging from free medical assistance, different social packages, privileges and financial assistance
On June 29, the Day of Missing Paramilitary Troops, several events will be held in Armenia and Artsakh.
President of Artsakh Bako Sahakyan will lay a wreath at the memorial cross-stone in the country, while officials in Armenia will visit the Yerablur military pantheon.
- 12:33 Armenian defense minister’s delegation completes visit to Canada
- 11:34 Moscow hosts exhibition of prominent Armenian sculptor Ara Harutyunyan’s artworks
- 11:30 Argentina president plane makes emergency landing
- 11:23 Russia, US do not reach agreement on investigation into chemical attacks in Syria
- 10:54 Newspaper: Russia politician - Baku wishes to drag Moscow into Karabakh plan
- 10:48 Armenian President receives Brazil’s FM
- 09:36 NATO apologizes to Turkey for troops' withdrawal from drills
- 20:29 FIDE Grand Prix: Aronian celebrates first victory
- 18:59 European Parliament calls for end to Karabakh conflict, opening visa dialogue with Armenia
- 17:24 Dollar drops, euro goes up in Armenia
- 17:14 Nalbandian: Lavrov visit is devoted to 25th anniversary of Armenia-Russia diplomatic relations
- 16:30 Brazil Foreign Minister visits Armenian Genocide Memorial
- 16:29 Economic reforms to encourage more people to stay in Armenia – US ambassador
- 16:18 Brazil’s FM calls on to encourage Armenian and Brazilian investors
- 15:43 Mexico supports OSCE Minsk Group mediation for peaceful settlement of NK conflict
- 15:28 Turkey withdraws 40 troops from NATO drills
- 14:59 Sergey Minasyan named Armenia’s new Ambassador to Romania
- 14:43 Armenian FM presents efforts on moving forward NK conflict settlement process to his Brazilian counterpart
- 14:21 Exact date of meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs not clarified yet
- 14:00 Armenia FM: Azerbaijan attempts to appear in sheep’s clothing will not succeed
- 13:38 President of the National Assembly Convenes a Working Consultation
- 13:17 President Bako Sahakyan partakes at the opening ceremony of the new gold processing center in Stepanakert
- 12:52 Armenian church on the brink of collapse in Turkey’s Bitlis
- 12:47 Serena Williams, Alexis Ohanian get married
- 12:45 New MUTV documentary about Mkhitaryan released online
- 12:36 Facebook adds trust indicators to identify real journalism
- 11:51 Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks to support COAF charity event
- 11:33 Matthew Bryza: Karabakh conflict good example of cooperation between US and Russia
- 10:29 FIDE Grand Prix 2017: Aronian draws with Jakovenko
- 10:18 Russian official: Baku will make compromises over Karabakh settlement when facing coordinated pressure
- 10:10 Armenian soldier discharged from hospital 2 weeks after complicated skull prosthesis surgery
- 10:05 Quake damages part of Tigranakert fortress
- 09:44 Misha: I will do everything to win
- 09:31 Quake damages a house in Karabakh's Stepanakert
- 17:11 NKR FM Met with Members of the Standing Committee on Foreign Relations of the National Assembly of Artsakh
- 16:56 Dollar, euro are down in Armenia
- 16:53 Armenia air defense forces obtain large number of new generation Igla missile systems
- 16:31 Azerbaijani FM meets OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs in Moscow
- 16:08 Parliament Speaker Babloyan to depart for Russia
- 15:36 Lavrov to discuss Karabakh during Armenia and Azerbaijan visits
- 15:06 Ashot Ghoulyan to chair the commission on organizing celebrations marking the 30th anniversary of the Karabagh Movement
- 14:48 Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan receives philanthropist Nikolay Sarkisov
- 14:31 Solar roofing installations to begin in Shushi and Askeran communities in 2018
- 14:25 There is certain activeness by OSCE MG Co-Chairs on NK conflict – deputy FM Kocharyan
- 12:51 Netherlands Senate: Armenia has unique position to become bridge between EU and Russia
- 12:17 Global oil prices on the rise
- 12:09 Karabakh conflict: Austria OSCE Chairmanship urges to implement Vienna, St. Petersburg agreements
- 11:47 EP adopts resolution recognizing Artsakh people’s right to self-determination: Azerbaijani provocation failed
- 11:39 Newspaper: Russia analyst says FM Lavrov’s visit to Armenia is no ordinary trip
- 11:14 Armenia-Iran railway construction not economically beneficial?
- 10:32 Turkish historian Taner Akcam’s Armenian Genocide book to be available January 2018
- 10:06 Preliminary reports: No quake victims in Azerbaijan
- 10:00 German human rights group insists on erecting Armenian Genocide monuments
- 09:51 Armenian Genocide video clip presented at KLIK Amsterdam Animation Festival
- 09:47 Armenian President meets with his Russian counterpart in Kremlin
- 09:43 Quake hits Azerbaijan, felt in Karabakh and Armenia
- 14:05 2018 State Budget draft presented to Artsakh Parliament
- 12:33 UN slams North Korea for human rights abuses
- 11:33 Global oil prices falling
- 11:22 Serzh Sargsyan to pay working visit to Russia
- 11.14.2017 The number of foreign visitors to Matenadaran-Gandzasar scientific cultural center has increased by 50%
- 11.15.2017 Parliament adopts new law on military service
- 11.15.2017 2018 State Budget draft presented to Artsakh Parliament
- 11.17.2017 President Bako Sahakyan partakes at the opening ceremony of the new gold processing center in Stepanakert
- 11.16.2017 Ashot Ghoulyan to chair the commission on organizing celebrations marking the 30th anniversary of the Karabagh Movement
- 11.16.2017 NKR FM Met with Members of the Standing Committee on Foreign Relations of the National Assembly of Artsakh
- 11.15.2017 Variety: Armenian Genocide film director unable to get Turkish official to go on camera
- 11.16.2017 Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan receives philanthropist Nikolay Sarkisov
- 11.17.2017 Misha: I will do everything to win