Screening of author films in village Khachmach, Artsakh
''On July 14-16,we will launchauthor films screeningsin my native village Khachmach of Askeran district. My three films will give the kick-start''.
JULY 7, STEPANAKERT, ARTSAKHPRESS: This is whatJivan Avetisyan, the famous Film director from Artsakh,said to ''Artsakhpress'' journalist, furthermore informing that his films''Broken Childhood'', ''Tevanik'', and ''The Last Inhabitant''will be screened in Khachmachon July 14, 15 and 16 respectively.
''It should be mentioned that this initiative is going to be a recurrent one; every year we will invite film industry representatives, Film directors from Armenia and abroad, who will express a wish to screen their films in Artsakh. I have already presented our initiativeunder the heading''Big Film in a Small Village'' to the Minister of Culture and Youth of Artsakh, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh, Sergey Shahverdyan, Deputy Minister of Economics of Artsakh, and have received their kind approval of the idea. I have also presented this idea to my colleagues from the US – Founders of ''ARTsakh Arts and Cultural Foundation''Garo Madenian and AdrinehMirzayan, who is also Executive producer of the film ''The Last Inhabitant. They also warmly welcomed it.
The main objective of this initiative is to make our homeland known to the internationalcommunity. Foreign filmmakers, directors and actors will come to Artaskh; they will see and get enchanted by its fascinating nature, will visit its historic places, will communicate with the local people, will learn about their problems, will come to know Artsakh and its people and eventually will familiarize themselves with the historic past and present of the Armenian nation in general.
In the result, besides contributing to the development of the Armenian cinematography, this initiative will help raise awareness about Artsakh in the creative circles'', said the Film director and added that his film ''The Last Inhabitant''will be also screened in ''Narekatsi'' film center of Shushi on July 22.
When talking about the screenings of the film “The Last Inhabitant”, Jivan Avetisyanmentioned that the film was included in ''Panorama'' non-official program of the 20th Shanghai International Film Festival being screened for 5 times while the main official screening is scheduled for June 25.
''In this framework, the Co-producer of the film, Kestutis Drazdauskas (Lithuania), and Executive producer, AdrinehMirzayan (US), joined me in Shanghai. I shall confess that participation of the film in such a prestigious film festival is already a great success. We got many positive and sincere feedbacks from the Organizers of the Film festival. The film aroused great interest with its story, cast and message. Of course, some part of the audience was aware, but still a large majority had no idea about Artsakh, Artsakhconflict and I am very happy that the film serviced its objective with this regard.
The foreign audience came up with many questions. The attendees were interested in the solution of the conflict, the destiny of the nation. The Chinese displayed their special attitude towards the Armenians. The film helped present the history of the people of Artsakh, tell about their shuttered lives'', saidJivan Avetisyan adding that soon they will present the film to a number of other international film festivals as well.
Talking about his new film project "Gate to Heaven",Jivan Avetisyanmentioned, ''We are back from the Cannes film market with outstanding achievements. The works are in progress but there is still much to be accomplished. We will speak about the outcomes later. With regard to the new film project, I am currently busy with the preparatory works in Artsakh''.
Also, the Film director has been giving master classes in cinematography in ''TumoCenter for Creative Technologies'' in Stepanakert since July 3. The course is entitled ''The Hero of Our Times''.
''Within three weeks, the kids shall make three separate films. The shooting activities will take place in Stepanakert. The kids are so talented, and our mission is to fostertheir talent. They are all free to create, my only advice to them is to create something that is unbiased, sincere and interesting'', said Jivan Avetisyan.
By Vehanush Hovsepyan
- 10:46 UN chief voices concern over potentially destabilizing effects of Kurdish referendum
- 09:51 President Sahakyan signed decrees
- 09:20 Iraqi Kurdistan independence referendum preliminary results announced
- 17:39 President Sahakyan visited several ministries
- 17:12 Artsakh's Chartar city and France's Decines-Charpieu city sign declaration of friendship
- 16:50 Presidents Putin and Rouhani discuss situation over Iran’s nuclear program
- 16:42 Erdoğan: Turkey May Suddenly Enter Iraqi Kurdistan One Night
- 15:59 Serzh Sargsyan sent a congratulatory message to Chancellor Angela Merkel
- 13:26 Political scientist doesn’t expect any serious progress in NK conflict settlement
- 12:56 Turkish intellectuals held a press conference in Stepanakert
- 11:19 Russian Lt. General killed in Syria
- 10:33 Chancellor Merkel-led ruling coalition wins Germany Bundestag election
- 10:05 Iraqi Kurds vote in historic independence referendum
- 09:54 Adam Schiff Urges Textbook Publishers to Include More Information on Armenian Genocide
- 09:42 Bako Sahakyan signs executive order on establishing composition of Cabinet
- 09:31 3 UN soldiers killed in Mali explosion
- 13:22 Artsakh celebrates Stepanakert Day and the 94th anniversary of renaming of the city (Photos)
- 12:30 Iran Successfully Test-Fires New Ballistic Missile
- 10:47 2 subsequent quakes hit California
- 10:20 Armenian FM meets with OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs, Ambassador Kasprzyk
- 09:58 Arayik Haroutyunyan hosts delegation of Armenian community of Toronto
- 09:03 German film director's documentary film “Traces of War” premiered in Stepanakert
- 20:53 Artsakh FM receives intellectuals from Turkey
- 17:51 Trump: Kim Jong Un will be tested like never before
- 16:58 Armenia PM to visit Iran
- 16:13 Armenia MPs hold press conference in Azerbaijan
- 13:20 Armenian defense minister hosts delegation of US Congress
- 12:40 Armenia, Russia FMs meet in New York
- 12:33 North Korea Says Trump Would "Pay Dearly" for His Speech to the UN
- 12:29 Garo Paylan: I Want to Build a Bridge Between Our Countries
- 12:27 Britain Will Meet Financial Obligations After Brexit
- 10:59 Armenian foreign minister to hold meeting with Azerbaijani counterpart in New York Sep. 23
- 10:35 UN Security Council concerned over planned referendum in Kurdistan Region
- 09:34 Mexico earthquake: Death toll rises as search for survivors goes on
- 09:25 Erdoğan: Turkey will deploy troops inside Syria’s Idlib
- 15:41 Queen Elizabeth congratulates on Armenia Independence Day anniversary
- 14:33 Any change putting Artsakh’s security under risk is inadmissible – FM Mirzoyan
- 14:27 Putin congratulates Armenia President on Independence Day anniversary
- 14:14 Oath ceremony of the first-year students was held in the Artsakh State University. Photos
- 12:10 Serj Tankian called on his fans to watch the film about the Karabakh conflict
- 11:39 President Sahakyan visited the Yerablour Pantheon
- 11:18 Movses Hakobyan: Any weapon that Azerbaijan acquires is threat to Armenia and Karabakh
- 11:09 Armenia political elite visits Yerevan military pantheon on Independence Day
- 10:25 Global oil prices falling
- 09:06 Bako Sahakyan sent a congratulatory letter to Serzh Sargsyan on the Independence Day
- 17:26 China responds to Trump’s remark on North Korea
- 17:11 First Lady Rita Sargsyan hosts Armenian singers of New Wave 2017
- 16:08 The recognition of Artsakh is one of the main issues of our agenda. Frank Pallone
- 15:58 US Congressmen arrive in Artsakh
- 14:15 Armenia Parliament: No negotiation can prevail over Karabakh people’s free will
- 14:02 Deputy FM: Talks are simply a cover for Azerbaijan to build up its military power
- 12:25 Turkish citizen detained after trespassing Armenia border
- 12:21 Israeli PM calls either to change or cancel Iranian deal
- 11:01 Serzh Sargsyan attends reception given by US president
- 10:40 Armenian foreign minister to meet Azerbaijani counterpart in New York
- 10:11 Trump administration does not approve report on refugees
- 10:00 140 dead in Mexico earthquake
- 09:51 President Sargsyan meets with Polish counterpart
- 09:40 Armenia: Azerbaijan has no ground to present any claims towards Karabakh
- 11:37 US Senate panel adopts ANCA-backed measures supporting Artsakh and Armenia
- 09.25.2017 Bako Sahakyan signs executive order on establishing composition of Cabinet
- 09.20.2017 First Lady Rita Sargsyan hosts Armenian singers of New Wave 2017
- 09.20.2017 US Congressmen arrive in Artsakh
- 09.20.2017 Armenia Parliament: No negotiation can prevail over Karabakh people’s free will
- 09.25.2017 President Sahakyan visited several ministries
- 09.20.2017 140 dead in Mexico earthquake
- 09.20.2017 Armenian foreign minister to meet Azerbaijani counterpart in New York
- 09.20.2017 Armenia: Azerbaijan has no ground to present any claims towards Karabakh
- 09.21.2017 Bako Sahakyan sent a congratulatory letter to Serzh Sargsyan on the Independence Day