Screening of author films in village Khachmach, Artsakh
''On July 14-16,we will launchauthor films screeningsin my native village Khachmach of Askeran district. My three films will give the kick-start''.
JULY 7, STEPANAKERT, ARTSAKHPRESS: This is whatJivan Avetisyan, the famous Film director from Artsakh,said to ''Artsakhpress'' journalist, furthermore informing that his films''Broken Childhood'', ''Tevanik'', and ''The Last Inhabitant''will be screened in Khachmachon July 14, 15 and 16 respectively.
''It should be mentioned that this initiative is going to be a recurrent one; every year we will invite film industry representatives, Film directors from Armenia and abroad, who will express a wish to screen their films in Artsakh. I have already presented our initiativeunder the heading''Big Film in a Small Village'' to the Minister of Culture and Youth of Artsakh, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh, Sergey Shahverdyan, Deputy Minister of Economics of Artsakh, and have received their kind approval of the idea. I have also presented this idea to my colleagues from the US – Founders of ''ARTsakh Arts and Cultural Foundation''Garo Madenian and AdrinehMirzayan, who is also Executive producer of the film ''The Last Inhabitant. They also warmly welcomed it.
The main objective of this initiative is to make our homeland known to the internationalcommunity. Foreign filmmakers, directors and actors will come to Artaskh; they will see and get enchanted by its fascinating nature, will visit its historic places, will communicate with the local people, will learn about their problems, will come to know Artsakh and its people and eventually will familiarize themselves with the historic past and present of the Armenian nation in general.
In the result, besides contributing to the development of the Armenian cinematography, this initiative will help raise awareness about Artsakh in the creative circles'', said the Film director and added that his film ''The Last Inhabitant''will be also screened in ''Narekatsi'' film center of Shushi on July 22.
When talking about the screenings of the film “The Last Inhabitant”, Jivan Avetisyanmentioned that the film was included in ''Panorama'' non-official program of the 20th Shanghai International Film Festival being screened for 5 times while the main official screening is scheduled for June 25.
''In this framework, the Co-producer of the film, Kestutis Drazdauskas (Lithuania), and Executive producer, AdrinehMirzayan (US), joined me in Shanghai. I shall confess that participation of the film in such a prestigious film festival is already a great success. We got many positive and sincere feedbacks from the Organizers of the Film festival. The film aroused great interest with its story, cast and message. Of course, some part of the audience was aware, but still a large majority had no idea about Artsakh, Artsakhconflict and I am very happy that the film serviced its objective with this regard.
The foreign audience came up with many questions. The attendees were interested in the solution of the conflict, the destiny of the nation. The Chinese displayed their special attitude towards the Armenians. The film helped present the history of the people of Artsakh, tell about their shuttered lives'', saidJivan Avetisyan adding that soon they will present the film to a number of other international film festivals as well.
Talking about his new film project "Gate to Heaven",Jivan Avetisyanmentioned, ''We are back from the Cannes film market with outstanding achievements. The works are in progress but there is still much to be accomplished. We will speak about the outcomes later. With regard to the new film project, I am currently busy with the preparatory works in Artsakh''.
Also, the Film director has been giving master classes in cinematography in ''TumoCenter for Creative Technologies'' in Stepanakert since July 3. The course is entitled ''The Hero of Our Times''.
''Within three weeks, the kids shall make three separate films. The shooting activities will take place in Stepanakert. The kids are so talented, and our mission is to fostertheir talent. They are all free to create, my only advice to them is to create something that is unbiased, sincere and interesting'', said Jivan Avetisyan.
By Vehanush Hovsepyan
- 12:33 Armenian defense minister’s delegation completes visit to Canada
- 11:34 Moscow hosts exhibition of prominent Armenian sculptor Ara Harutyunyan’s artworks
- 11:30 Argentina president plane makes emergency landing
- 11:23 Russia, US do not reach agreement on investigation into chemical attacks in Syria
- 10:54 Newspaper: Russia politician - Baku wishes to drag Moscow into Karabakh plan
- 10:48 Armenian President receives Brazil’s FM
- 09:36 NATO apologizes to Turkey for troops' withdrawal from drills
- 20:29 FIDE Grand Prix: Aronian celebrates first victory
- 18:59 European Parliament calls for end to Karabakh conflict, opening visa dialogue with Armenia
- 17:24 Dollar drops, euro goes up in Armenia
- 17:14 Nalbandian: Lavrov visit is devoted to 25th anniversary of Armenia-Russia diplomatic relations
- 16:30 Brazil Foreign Minister visits Armenian Genocide Memorial
- 16:29 Economic reforms to encourage more people to stay in Armenia – US ambassador
- 16:18 Brazil’s FM calls on to encourage Armenian and Brazilian investors
- 15:43 Mexico supports OSCE Minsk Group mediation for peaceful settlement of NK conflict
- 15:28 Turkey withdraws 40 troops from NATO drills
- 14:59 Sergey Minasyan named Armenia’s new Ambassador to Romania
- 14:43 Armenian FM presents efforts on moving forward NK conflict settlement process to his Brazilian counterpart
- 14:21 Exact date of meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs not clarified yet
- 14:00 Armenia FM: Azerbaijan attempts to appear in sheep’s clothing will not succeed
- 13:38 President of the National Assembly Convenes a Working Consultation
- 13:17 President Bako Sahakyan partakes at the opening ceremony of the new gold processing center in Stepanakert
- 12:52 Armenian church on the brink of collapse in Turkey’s Bitlis
- 12:47 Serena Williams, Alexis Ohanian get married
- 12:45 New MUTV documentary about Mkhitaryan released online
- 12:36 Facebook adds trust indicators to identify real journalism
- 11:51 Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks to support COAF charity event
- 11:33 Matthew Bryza: Karabakh conflict good example of cooperation between US and Russia
- 10:29 FIDE Grand Prix 2017: Aronian draws with Jakovenko
- 10:18 Russian official: Baku will make compromises over Karabakh settlement when facing coordinated pressure
- 10:10 Armenian soldier discharged from hospital 2 weeks after complicated skull prosthesis surgery
- 10:05 Quake damages part of Tigranakert fortress
- 09:44 Misha: I will do everything to win
- 09:31 Quake damages a house in Karabakh's Stepanakert
- 17:11 NKR FM Met with Members of the Standing Committee on Foreign Relations of the National Assembly of Artsakh
- 16:56 Dollar, euro are down in Armenia
- 16:53 Armenia air defense forces obtain large number of new generation Igla missile systems
- 16:31 Azerbaijani FM meets OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs in Moscow
- 16:08 Parliament Speaker Babloyan to depart for Russia
- 15:36 Lavrov to discuss Karabakh during Armenia and Azerbaijan visits
- 15:06 Ashot Ghoulyan to chair the commission on organizing celebrations marking the 30th anniversary of the Karabagh Movement
- 14:48 Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan receives philanthropist Nikolay Sarkisov
- 14:31 Solar roofing installations to begin in Shushi and Askeran communities in 2018
- 14:25 There is certain activeness by OSCE MG Co-Chairs on NK conflict – deputy FM Kocharyan
- 12:51 Netherlands Senate: Armenia has unique position to become bridge between EU and Russia
- 12:17 Global oil prices on the rise
- 12:09 Karabakh conflict: Austria OSCE Chairmanship urges to implement Vienna, St. Petersburg agreements
- 11:47 EP adopts resolution recognizing Artsakh people’s right to self-determination: Azerbaijani provocation failed
- 11:39 Newspaper: Russia analyst says FM Lavrov’s visit to Armenia is no ordinary trip
- 11:14 Armenia-Iran railway construction not economically beneficial?
- 10:32 Turkish historian Taner Akcam’s Armenian Genocide book to be available January 2018
- 10:06 Preliminary reports: No quake victims in Azerbaijan
- 10:00 German human rights group insists on erecting Armenian Genocide monuments
- 09:51 Armenian Genocide video clip presented at KLIK Amsterdam Animation Festival
- 09:47 Armenian President meets with his Russian counterpart in Kremlin
- 09:43 Quake hits Azerbaijan, felt in Karabakh and Armenia
- 14:05 2018 State Budget draft presented to Artsakh Parliament
- 12:33 UN slams North Korea for human rights abuses
- 11:33 Global oil prices falling
- 11:22 Serzh Sargsyan to pay working visit to Russia
- 11.13.2017 A young pianist from Artsakh honored with Grand Prix Award in an international music festival-competition
- 11.13.2017 Arayik Harutyunyan gets acquainted with the process of large-scale house-building projects in Kashatagh region
- 11.14.2017 The number of foreign visitors to Matenadaran-Gandzasar scientific cultural center has increased by 50%
- 11.15.2017 Parliament adopts new law on military service
- 11.15.2017 2018 State Budget draft presented to Artsakh Parliament
- 11.13.2017 The number of marriages in Artsakh increased
- 11.15.2017 Variety: Armenian Genocide film director unable to get Turkish official to go on camera
- 11.17.2017 President Bako Sahakyan partakes at the opening ceremony of the new gold processing center in Stepanakert
- 11.16.2017 Ashot Ghoulyan to chair the commission on organizing celebrations marking the 30th anniversary of the Karabagh Movement