Screening of author films in village Khachmach, Artsakh
''On July 14-16,we will launchauthor films screeningsin my native village Khachmach of Askeran district. My three films will give the kick-start''.
JULY 7, STEPANAKERT, ARTSAKHPRESS: This is whatJivan Avetisyan, the famous Film director from Artsakh,said to ''Artsakhpress'' journalist, furthermore informing that his films''Broken Childhood'', ''Tevanik'', and ''The Last Inhabitant''will be screened in Khachmachon July 14, 15 and 16 respectively.
''It should be mentioned that this initiative is going to be a recurrent one; every year we will invite film industry representatives, Film directors from Armenia and abroad, who will express a wish to screen their films in Artsakh. I have already presented our initiativeunder the heading''Big Film in a Small Village'' to the Minister of Culture and Youth of Artsakh, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh, Sergey Shahverdyan, Deputy Minister of Economics of Artsakh, and have received their kind approval of the idea. I have also presented this idea to my colleagues from the US – Founders of ''ARTsakh Arts and Cultural Foundation''Garo Madenian and AdrinehMirzayan, who is also Executive producer of the film ''The Last Inhabitant. They also warmly welcomed it.
The main objective of this initiative is to make our homeland known to the internationalcommunity. Foreign filmmakers, directors and actors will come to Artaskh; they will see and get enchanted by its fascinating nature, will visit its historic places, will communicate with the local people, will learn about their problems, will come to know Artsakh and its people and eventually will familiarize themselves with the historic past and present of the Armenian nation in general.
In the result, besides contributing to the development of the Armenian cinematography, this initiative will help raise awareness about Artsakh in the creative circles'', said the Film director and added that his film ''The Last Inhabitant''will be also screened in ''Narekatsi'' film center of Shushi on July 22.
When talking about the screenings of the film “The Last Inhabitant”, Jivan Avetisyanmentioned that the film was included in ''Panorama'' non-official program of the 20th Shanghai International Film Festival being screened for 5 times while the main official screening is scheduled for June 25.
''In this framework, the Co-producer of the film, Kestutis Drazdauskas (Lithuania), and Executive producer, AdrinehMirzayan (US), joined me in Shanghai. I shall confess that participation of the film in such a prestigious film festival is already a great success. We got many positive and sincere feedbacks from the Organizers of the Film festival. The film aroused great interest with its story, cast and message. Of course, some part of the audience was aware, but still a large majority had no idea about Artsakh, Artsakhconflict and I am very happy that the film serviced its objective with this regard.
The foreign audience came up with many questions. The attendees were interested in the solution of the conflict, the destiny of the nation. The Chinese displayed their special attitude towards the Armenians. The film helped present the history of the people of Artsakh, tell about their shuttered lives'', saidJivan Avetisyan adding that soon they will present the film to a number of other international film festivals as well.
Talking about his new film project "Gate to Heaven",Jivan Avetisyanmentioned, ''We are back from the Cannes film market with outstanding achievements. The works are in progress but there is still much to be accomplished. We will speak about the outcomes later. With regard to the new film project, I am currently busy with the preparatory works in Artsakh''.
Also, the Film director has been giving master classes in cinematography in ''TumoCenter for Creative Technologies'' in Stepanakert since July 3. The course is entitled ''The Hero of Our Times''.
''Within three weeks, the kids shall make three separate films. The shooting activities will take place in Stepanakert. The kids are so talented, and our mission is to fostertheir talent. They are all free to create, my only advice to them is to create something that is unbiased, sincere and interesting'', said Jivan Avetisyan.
By Vehanush Hovsepyan
- 17:53 Tourists planning to visit Armenia interested in country’s situation – clarifications by travel agencies
- 17:26 Acting Armenian FM meets Lavrov in Moscow
- 17:10 Artsakh and Armenian Presidents visit Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, meet with Catholicos of All Armenians
- 16:53 Armenian delegation misses CSTO council meeting
- 16:26 ‘Our goals must be pursued with peace and respect’ – Chess GM Aronian on Armenia events
- 16:04 Aznavour returns to France, no health concerns
- 15:43 Artsakh schools to receive sports equipment
- 14:50 ARF acting ministers, governors resign
- 14:34 Iran's Khamenei urges Muslim nations to unite against U.S.
- 14:21 ‘Kanye West can help Trump recognize the Armenian genocide’ – The Wichita Eagle
- 13:12 Five ethnic Armenians dead in Russia restaurant gas leak
- 13:06 Retraining courses organized for workers of Artsakh museums
- 12:40 Armenian parliament to elect new PM May 1
- 12:37 Opposition leader Nikol Pashinyan calls on supporters to temporarily cease street-blocking tactic in Yerevan
- 12:14 Serzh Sargsyan opened gateway to New Armenia with sober assessment – President Armen Sarkissian's message
- 12:04 South Korea's Moon to meet North Korea's Kim at border for summit
- 11:42 Russian Embassy calls to solve current situation in Armenia exclusively in constitutional field during meeting with MP Pashinyan
- 11:29 France to increase support to international coalition in Syria – President Macron
- 11:27 18 Yerevan drivers pulled over for driving without license plates in one night
- 11:25 Opposition leader Pashinyan, PAP Chairman Tsarukyan hold meeting
- 10:46 Facebook's profits soar despite privacy scandal
- 10:26 Turkish court sentences more than dozen Cumhuriyet staff to prison on terrorism charges
- 09:50 Charles Aznavour to continue treatment in Paris
- 09:14 Serzh Sargsyan urges Republicans to prioritize domestic stability, security of country
- 18:56 Reconstruction works of hall of ceremonies underway in Artsakh village
- 17:59 Russian, Iranian and Turkish FMs’ meeting on Syria expected to be held in Moscow April 28
- 17:40 At least 27 killed in protests in Nicaragua
- 16:16 Russia hopes Armenia will find consensus decision soon – Peskov
- 15:20 Defense ministry to use helicopter for daily functioning of armed forces as demonstrators block streets
- 15:15 Street-blocking tactic of demonstrators causes on-duty military convoy to be blocked in traffic jam - report
- 14:24 Armenia’s acting sport minister quits, joins protests
- 14:22 Armenian opposition leader to meet with Russian, U.S. ambassadors
- 13:58 Event dedicated to 103rd anniversary of Armenian Genocide held in Rome
- 12:45 EU’s Mogherini: Iran nuclear deal is working and needs to be preserved
- 12:08 Macron, Trump announce 'common objective' on Iran and Syria
- 12:02 US urges for constructive transition of power in Armenia
- 11:54 Opposition leader starts protest march from Yerevan’s central square
- 11:51 Germania Airline enters Armenian market
- 11:39 Director of Yerevan’s Mesrop Mashtots Matenadaran speaks about attractions of center's branch in Artsakh
- 11:08 Acting PM Karapetyan doesn’t accept the format on electing people’s candidate as proposed by opposition MP Pashinyan
- 11:02 Armenian president commences consultations with parliamentary, extra-parliamentary political forces
- 10:42 Spring sown crops’ area comprised 8 thousand 260 hectares in Artsakh
- 10:36 Russia's Lavrov says U.S. has no intention to leave Syria
- 10:15 US Senate confirms Paul Nakasone as new director of National Security Agency and Cyber Command
- 10:13 Saudi Arabia demands Qatar to deploy troops in Syria
- 09:47 We stand with the Armenian people - Trump used term “Medz Yeghern” in his April 24 address
- 09:17 Government-opposition meeting cancelled as MP Pashinyan unilaterally makes new demands
- 23:00 Artsakh President Bako Sahakyan met with opposition MP Nikol Pashinyan in Yerevan
- 18:59 Artsakh’s Defense Ministry releases new footage showing mobilization of Azerbaijani troops
- 18:09 “Armat” engineering laboratory opens in Artsakh village’s school
- 17:55 Time to internationally recognize this crime against - Henrikh Mkhitaryan's message on Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day
- 17:48 Iran President Hassan Rouhani warns Trump of ‘severe consequences’
- 17:39 Armenian Genocide commemorated in Greece
- 17:19 Istanbul cops ban Armenian Genocide commemoration event
- 17:02 April 24 is not only Armenian Genocide remembrance day, but a day to remind world about our demand – Catholicos Aram I
- 16:15 Turkey’s Erdogan makes another nonsense statement on April 24
- 15:48 Czech Ambassador expects positive outcome from ongoing developments in Armenia
- 15:32 Acting PM Karen Karapetyan, business tycoon Samvel Karapetyan discuss ongoing investment projects
- 15:02 Maria Zakharova says Russia always with Armenia
- 14:42 US Ambassador commends Serzh Sargsyan’s leadership and difficult decision-making
- 04.24.2018 Artsakh President Bako Sahakyan met with opposition MP Nikol Pashinyan in Yerevan
- 04.21.2018 There is a deep concern in Artsakh: political forces of Artsakh parliament made a statement
- 04.21.2018 Inner stability — the most important factor of two Armenian states' security, Artsakh President
- 04.20.2018 President of Artsakh receives winners of Armenia Men's Basketball League A championship
- 04.25.2018 Street-blocking tactic of demonstrators causes on-duty military convoy to be blocked in traffic jam - report
- 04.22.2018 Artsakh military releases footage showing Azerbaijani mobilization of manpower, equipment
- 04.23.2018 Artsakh military releases new footage showing heavy Azerbaijani manpower, equipment mobilization in line of contact
- 04.24.2018 Acting PM Karen Karapetyan, business tycoon Samvel Karapetyan discuss ongoing investment projects
- 04.22.2018 Artsakh’s defense minister visits military positions (video)