Screening of author films in village Khachmach, Artsakh
''On July 14-16,we will launchauthor films screeningsin my native village Khachmach of Askeran district. My three films will give the kick-start''.
JULY 7, STEPANAKERT, ARTSAKHPRESS: This is whatJivan Avetisyan, the famous Film director from Artsakh,said to ''Artsakhpress'' journalist, furthermore informing that his films''Broken Childhood'', ''Tevanik'', and ''The Last Inhabitant''will be screened in Khachmachon July 14, 15 and 16 respectively.
''It should be mentioned that this initiative is going to be a recurrent one; every year we will invite film industry representatives, Film directors from Armenia and abroad, who will express a wish to screen their films in Artsakh. I have already presented our initiativeunder the heading''Big Film in a Small Village'' to the Minister of Culture and Youth of Artsakh, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh, Sergey Shahverdyan, Deputy Minister of Economics of Artsakh, and have received their kind approval of the idea. I have also presented this idea to my colleagues from the US – Founders of ''ARTsakh Arts and Cultural Foundation''Garo Madenian and AdrinehMirzayan, who is also Executive producer of the film ''The Last Inhabitant. They also warmly welcomed it.
The main objective of this initiative is to make our homeland known to the internationalcommunity. Foreign filmmakers, directors and actors will come to Artaskh; they will see and get enchanted by its fascinating nature, will visit its historic places, will communicate with the local people, will learn about their problems, will come to know Artsakh and its people and eventually will familiarize themselves with the historic past and present of the Armenian nation in general.
In the result, besides contributing to the development of the Armenian cinematography, this initiative will help raise awareness about Artsakh in the creative circles'', said the Film director and added that his film ''The Last Inhabitant''will be also screened in ''Narekatsi'' film center of Shushi on July 22.
When talking about the screenings of the film “The Last Inhabitant”, Jivan Avetisyanmentioned that the film was included in ''Panorama'' non-official program of the 20th Shanghai International Film Festival being screened for 5 times while the main official screening is scheduled for June 25.
''In this framework, the Co-producer of the film, Kestutis Drazdauskas (Lithuania), and Executive producer, AdrinehMirzayan (US), joined me in Shanghai. I shall confess that participation of the film in such a prestigious film festival is already a great success. We got many positive and sincere feedbacks from the Organizers of the Film festival. The film aroused great interest with its story, cast and message. Of course, some part of the audience was aware, but still a large majority had no idea about Artsakh, Artsakhconflict and I am very happy that the film serviced its objective with this regard.
The foreign audience came up with many questions. The attendees were interested in the solution of the conflict, the destiny of the nation. The Chinese displayed their special attitude towards the Armenians. The film helped present the history of the people of Artsakh, tell about their shuttered lives'', saidJivan Avetisyan adding that soon they will present the film to a number of other international film festivals as well.
Talking about his new film project "Gate to Heaven",Jivan Avetisyanmentioned, ''We are back from the Cannes film market with outstanding achievements. The works are in progress but there is still much to be accomplished. We will speak about the outcomes later. With regard to the new film project, I am currently busy with the preparatory works in Artsakh''.
Also, the Film director has been giving master classes in cinematography in ''TumoCenter for Creative Technologies'' in Stepanakert since July 3. The course is entitled ''The Hero of Our Times''.
''Within three weeks, the kids shall make three separate films. The shooting activities will take place in Stepanakert. The kids are so talented, and our mission is to fostertheir talent. They are all free to create, my only advice to them is to create something that is unbiased, sincere and interesting'', said Jivan Avetisyan.
By Vehanush Hovsepyan
- 17:42 Dollar decline continues in Armenia
- 17:10 Criminal proceedings launched over Azerbaijani shooting of Armenian soldier
- 16:45 Nalbandian-Mammadyarov meeting kicks off in Kraków, Poland
- 16:26 Garo Paylan responds to publication of Turkish newspapers
- 15:35 6 marksmen from Armenia to compete in Munich Int’l Tournament
- 15:21 French Ambassador expects strengthening of Francophonie positions in Armenia by upcoming summit in Yerevan
- 14:32 Bus fire kills 52 Uzbeks travelling in Kazakhstan
- 14:26 President Putin invites CIS countries to become EAEU observers
- 13:45 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger comments on Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s transfer
- 13:05 Armenia President to address PACE on January 24
- 12:59 Meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs in Kraków is expected and desirable, says French Ambassador
- 12:11 Armenia military truck and car crash, 2 dead
- 10:59 Sotk – Karvachar road, Vardenyats pass difficult to pass
- 10:53 Turkey discussing with Russia, US possible Syria military operation
- 09:42 US Congressman presents resolution to expand US-Artsakh ties
- 09:34 Turkish politician admits she attended Armenian Genocide event
- 09:19 Armenian FM meets OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs in Krakow
- 17:58 World Bank group helps improve inspections system in Armenia, reduce costs
- 17:20 Dollar continues to decline in Armenia
- 17:06 The first solar power station to be built in Artsakh with foreign investments
- 16:41 Armenian minister of agriculture departs for Germany
- 16:30 State Minister: 2018 will be a big year for Artsakh’s economy
- 15:53 Nagorno-Karabakh on UN's 2018 priority list
- 15:34 Global oil prices are down
- 15:33 Arrested ethnic Armenian in Istanbul is Turkish citizen – FM spokesman
- 15:07 Snow reported on Artik and Akhuryan roads
- 14:44 Russian flight from Mexico postponed due to 'order to deport four Armenians'
- 14:26 US proposes to split California into two states
- 14:02 MP Naghdalyan comments on leaving PACE delegation, rumors on disagreements with Arpine Hovhannisyan
- 13:07 Cigarettes without graphic health hazard warning images to remain in market until expiry date
- 12:18 Internal solution for Syria would be better: UN chief
- 11:40 Erdogan to meet Pope Francis in Vatican
- 11:33 Davit Babayan: UNESCO monitoring may only be simultaneously held in Artsakh and Azerbaijan
- 11:17 Mkhitaryan prefers Borussia Dortmund over Arsenal – British media
- 10:52 A number of screening programs to be organized in Artsakh
- 10:51 US deeply concerned over Turkey’s violations of fundamental human rights
- 10:46 Syrian opposition calls on Trump and EU to put pressure on Russia and Iran
- 10:45 French and Azerbaijani FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10:37 US, Kazakh Presidents agree to strengthen partnership
- 10:19 Pro-Kurdish party of Turkey congratulates on the late renowned Armenian musician’s birth anniversary
- 09:08 Some highways difficult to pass in Armenia, Stepantsminda-Lars highway open for all types of vehicles
- 17:51 Moscow and Washington working to organize Lavrov-Tillerson meeting
- 17:18 PM May's spokesman: Britain will be leaving the EU
- 16:44 Russian PM Medvedev says risks of terrorist use of cyberweapons soar
- 16:22 ''Teach For Armenia'' receives applications
- 16:21 Russian and Iranian FMs discuss Iranian nuclear agreement
- 16:06 Cavusoglu again uses “leave it to historians” tormented proposal on Armenian Genocide
- 15:45 The results of Artsakh National Lottery’s bonus drawing are known
- 15:42 Snow reported on number of roads in Armenia
- 14:58 Collapse of Colombian bridge kills nine workers, injures five
- 14:25 Armenia included in UN Honour Roll
- 13:52 Famous international specialists, media figures to attend conference dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh movement
- 13:07 Freedom House: Armenia among “partly free” countries
- 12:54 OSCE monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan border passed without incidents
- 12:46 Soldier dies in Artsakh
- 12:42 Turkish MP fined 1/3rd of salary for saying “Kurdistan” in Parliament
- 12:12 Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs to meet in Kraków, Poland
- 11:47 Grigor-Sevak Mkhitaryan wins Brazilian Chess Championship
- 11:42 Rocket lands inside Indian Embassy in Afghanistan's Kabul
- 11:09 Armenian parliament ratifies visa waiver deal with Tajikistan
- 01.16.2018 Soldier dies in Artsakh
- 01.12.2018 Feast of St. Sargis the Warrior to be celebrated January 27
- 01.12.2018 Event dedicated to pianist Bella Parsadanyan on her 80th birthday takes place in Stepanakert
- 01.12.2018 Artsakh Finance Minister: 15% economic growth for 2017 is expected
- 01.12.2018 Karabakh presents bid to host world football cup of unrecognized countries
- 01.12.2018 Trump says US does not need immigrants from “shithole countries”
- 01.12.2018 Macron calls on Trump to abide by nuclear agreement with Iran
- 01.12.2018 Turkey Constitutional Court releases Turkish journalist recognizing Armenian Genocide
- 01.13.2018 Additional 400 million drams to be allocated to boost resettlement program