Historical event in Tbilisi: Tumanyan’s house opens its doors
The opening ceremony of the ‘Hovhannes Tumanyan House’ scientific-cultural center was held in the last apartment of Hovhannes Tumanyan in Tbilisi on August 5 by opening new page for the Armenian-Georgian cultural ties.
STEPANAKERT, AUGUST 7, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: The base of this historical event was the return of Tumanyan’s Tbilisi house to the Armenian community where many famous Armenian figures, such as Aghayan, Komitas, Shirvanzade, Isahakyan, Papazyan and etc, were hosted, where literary talks, readings, press conferences, discussions on published and unpublished works were held, the Armenian, Georgian and world literature samples were studied.
After Georgia’s independence, the fate of the All Armenian poet’s house alienated from the Armenian community was urgent: a non-operative library unit belonging to private owner and half-ruined apartment left to the heirs.
Tumanyan’s house was handed over to its original owner thanks to the efforts of former President of the Writers’ Union of Armenia, late Levon Ananyan. Former Mayor of Gyumri, currently MP Vardan Ghukasyan and co-founder of the IDeA Foundation Ruben Vardanyan assisted the program. The renovation, improvement and furnishing works of the house have been conducted by the Jinishian Memorial Foundation, IDeA Foundation and the Armenian Diocese of Georgia.
The opening ceremony of the ‘Hovhannes Tumanyan House’ center was attended by the delegation of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Armenian and Georgian state, political figures, diplomats, guests from Russia and Armenia’s various cities and regions, heads of community structures and Georgian-Armenian intellectuals.
The opening ceremony of the center started with laying a wreath at the tomb of Hovhannes Tumanyan in the Khojivank Pantheon of Armenian writers and public figures.
MP Vardan Ghukasyan, IDeA Foundation’s Executive Director Edgar Manukyan, Executive Director at Jinishian Memorial Program Elizan Minasyan cut the ribbon. The opening ceremony was also attended by a spiritual class.
Director of the center Gisane Hovsepyan delivered speech over the center’s activity and its future programs.
Primate of Tavush Diocese Bishop Ter-Bagrat Galstyan read the congratulatory message of His Holiness Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II, as well as the congratulatory messages of Armenia’s Diaspora Minister Hranush Hakobyan and Armenian Ambassador to Georgia Yuri Vardanyan were presented.
Thereafter, congratulatory remarks were delivered by Director of the Hovhannes Tumanyan House-Museum Narine Tukhikyan, President of the Writers’ Union of Armenia Eduard Militonyan, son of Levon Ananyan, Director of Armenpress news agency Aram Ananyan, President of the Writers’ Union of Georgia Makvala Gonashvili, as well as by other public and literary figures.
The event was summarized by Primate of the Armenian Diocese of Georgia, His Grace Bishop Vazgen Mirzakhanyan who expressed gratitude to all philanthrophists, supporters for returning Tumanyan’s historical house to the Armenian community.
The center will carry out literary, scientific, educational and cultural activity, one of the halls is named after Levon Ananyan where Armenian and Georgian writers will hold meetings, discussions, the center will also serve for ethnography studies and development, will establish cultural ties between the Armenian and Georgian art figures, will have a puppet theatre, AGBU virtual university branch, spiritual, cultural heritage museum of Georgian-Armenians, as well as a library.
- 12:57 11 civilians killed, dozens injured in Turkish air strikes on Afrin’s hospital
- 12:53 Russia summons British ambassador as it readies to expel diplomats
- 12:43 US' Trump, South Korea president vow to keep pressure on North Korea
- 12:20 Two ethnic Armenians gunned down in LA shooting
- 11:25 Lavrov: US intends to devalue Russia’s strategic nuclear capability
- 10:48 Artsakh delegation takes part in international tourism exhibition MITT
- 10:24 Russian nationals will not be able to cast votes at March 18 presidential polls in Ukraine
- 09:40 Artsakh President praises AAA's role in supporting Artsakh
- 09:38 Artsakh's Bako Sahakyan meets with members of Supreme Council of Ramkavar Azatakan Party
- 09:26 China's parliament re-elects Xi Jinping as president
- 09:10 World Chess Candidates Tournament 2018: Aronian defeated by So in round 6
- 18:19 Opening ceremony of memorial to missing persons takes place in Martakert
- 17:55 Arsenal to lock horns with CSKA Moscow
- 17:08 Dollar falling in Armenia
- 16:25 European Parliament passes resolution demanding Turkey withdraws troops from Syria
- 15:54 6 dead in Miami pedestrian bridge collapse
- 15:15 Princess of Thailand visits Matenadaran
- 14:54 Yerevan-Saratov flight makes emergency landing in Moscow due to fog
- 12:55 Artsakh State Minister's working visits kick off in Australia
- 12:20 For centuries Armenian people constituted unique part of Middle East mosaic, says FM Nalbandian
- 11:35 Lars highway open for traffic
- 10:42 Karabakh army soldier dies in car accident during training
- 10:12 Artsakh President visits Center for National Interest in Washington
- 10:09 Involvement of American Armenian community in the life of Artsakh was very much palpable —Artsakh President
- 10:03 Development projects of IT sphere to be given new impetus in Artsakh
- 10:00 Erdogan, Merkel discuss counter-terrorism over phone
- 09:42 U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes in Iraq With Seven Aboard
- 20:28 ‘Days of Artsakh in France’ Underway in Decines-Charpieu City
- 18:13 Photo Exhibition Dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the Karabakh Movement Held in Strasbourg
- 17:44 Istanbul’s Sisli district renames street in honor of slain journalist Hrant Dink
- 17:32 Young Armenian scientist aims sky-high with revolutionary breakthrough invention in nanotechnology
- 17:13 6 minor quakes hit Armenia in past one week
- 16:52 PACE, OSCE/ODIHR to observe presidential elections in Azerbaijan
- 16:40 Dollar gains slight value in Armenia
- 16:14 Superman actor Dean Cain highlights need for recognition of Armenian Genocide in Israel
- 15:36 British expert doesn’t expect change of Azerbaijan's stance over NK conflict issue
- 14:52 ‘We discuss NK conflict with our partners’, says Russia’s foreign ministry spox
- 14:29 Russian foreign ministry considers normal the establishment of Russia-Artsakh Friendship Union NGO
- 14:05 Armenian deputy FM welcomes Russia’s conclusion on arms sales to Azerbaijan after 2016 April war
- 13:29 Armenian FM to attend ministerial meeting to support Lebanon
- 13:10 Monitoring conducted on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact, Azerbaijani side doesn't lead OSCE mission to its front-line positions
- 12:46 Armenia must always be ready for any Azerbaijani provocation – deputy FM on Baku's military drills
- 11:55 Portrait made by Artsakh girl approved by world-renowned Stephen Hawking
- 11:28 Artsakh State Minister Arayik Harutyunyan visits New South Wales Parliament
- 10:30 Azeri deputy president backs Turkey's Afrin operation
- 09:43 President Sahakyan met with representatives of ANCA
- 09:36 Artsakh President: Cementing and deepening ties with US have always been and will remain among the fundamental directions of our foreign policy
- 18:00 El Salvador woman freed after 15 years in jail for abortion
- 17:29 UK to expel 23 Russian diplomats over Skripal poisoning
- 17:00 Finland rated the happiest country in UN report
- 16:45 International legal expert affirms Artsakh's right of self-determination - Harut Sassounian
- 16:32 Turkey's Erdogan says hopes Syria's Afrin town to be captured by Wednesday evening
- 16:01 President Sargsyan thanks Konstantin Kosachev for his objective position on Armenia’s foreign policy at different platforms
- 15:26 Russian Red Wings Airlines to operate flights in Armenian market
- 14:36 Painting competition dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement organized in Hadrut
- 14:01 Russia will not continue supplying weapons to Azerbaijan with the same scale it did before April 2016 - Konstantin Kosachev
- 13:40 Merkel elected to fourth term as German Chancellor
- 12:29 EU ambassador says Armenia is at important transitional phase
- 12:04 Russia says over 300 people have left Syria's eastern Ghouta
- 11:36 Oil Prices down
- 03.15.2018 Portrait made by Artsakh girl approved by world-renowned Stephen Hawking
- 03.12.2018 Levon Hayrapetyan would have turned 69 today
- 03.12.2018 All our compatriots who are not citizens of Artsakh Republic will be given ownership right to land in Artsakh, minister of agriculture
- 03.16.2018 Karabakh army soldier dies in car accident during training
- 03.13.2018 Artsakh President arrives in US
- 03.13.2018 Tufenkian charitable foundation installs solar panels at frontline
- 03.14.2018 Teacher retraining courses to be organized in Artsakh
- 03.15.2018 President Sahakyan met with representatives of ANCA
- 03.15.2018 Artsakh President: Cementing and deepening ties with US have always been and will remain among the fundamental directions of our foreign policy