Historical event in Tbilisi: Tumanyan’s house opens its doors
The opening ceremony of the ‘Hovhannes Tumanyan House’ scientific-cultural center was held in the last apartment of Hovhannes Tumanyan in Tbilisi on August 5 by opening new page for the Armenian-Georgian cultural ties.
STEPANAKERT, AUGUST 7, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: The base of this historical event was the return of Tumanyan’s Tbilisi house to the Armenian community where many famous Armenian figures, such as Aghayan, Komitas, Shirvanzade, Isahakyan, Papazyan and etc, were hosted, where literary talks, readings, press conferences, discussions on published and unpublished works were held, the Armenian, Georgian and world literature samples were studied.
After Georgia’s independence, the fate of the All Armenian poet’s house alienated from the Armenian community was urgent: a non-operative library unit belonging to private owner and half-ruined apartment left to the heirs.
Tumanyan’s house was handed over to its original owner thanks to the efforts of former President of the Writers’ Union of Armenia, late Levon Ananyan. Former Mayor of Gyumri, currently MP Vardan Ghukasyan and co-founder of the IDeA Foundation Ruben Vardanyan assisted the program. The renovation, improvement and furnishing works of the house have been conducted by the Jinishian Memorial Foundation, IDeA Foundation and the Armenian Diocese of Georgia.
The opening ceremony of the ‘Hovhannes Tumanyan House’ center was attended by the delegation of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Armenian and Georgian state, political figures, diplomats, guests from Russia and Armenia’s various cities and regions, heads of community structures and Georgian-Armenian intellectuals.
The opening ceremony of the center started with laying a wreath at the tomb of Hovhannes Tumanyan in the Khojivank Pantheon of Armenian writers and public figures.
MP Vardan Ghukasyan, IDeA Foundation’s Executive Director Edgar Manukyan, Executive Director at Jinishian Memorial Program Elizan Minasyan cut the ribbon. The opening ceremony was also attended by a spiritual class.
Director of the center Gisane Hovsepyan delivered speech over the center’s activity and its future programs.
Primate of Tavush Diocese Bishop Ter-Bagrat Galstyan read the congratulatory message of His Holiness Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II, as well as the congratulatory messages of Armenia’s Diaspora Minister Hranush Hakobyan and Armenian Ambassador to Georgia Yuri Vardanyan were presented.
Thereafter, congratulatory remarks were delivered by Director of the Hovhannes Tumanyan House-Museum Narine Tukhikyan, President of the Writers’ Union of Armenia Eduard Militonyan, son of Levon Ananyan, Director of Armenpress news agency Aram Ananyan, President of the Writers’ Union of Georgia Makvala Gonashvili, as well as by other public and literary figures.
The event was summarized by Primate of the Armenian Diocese of Georgia, His Grace Bishop Vazgen Mirzakhanyan who expressed gratitude to all philanthrophists, supporters for returning Tumanyan’s historical house to the Armenian community.
The center will carry out literary, scientific, educational and cultural activity, one of the halls is named after Levon Ananyan where Armenian and Georgian writers will hold meetings, discussions, the center will also serve for ethnography studies and development, will establish cultural ties between the Armenian and Georgian art figures, will have a puppet theatre, AGBU virtual university branch, spiritual, cultural heritage museum of Georgian-Armenians, as well as a library.
- 12:24 Armenian Americans endorse Don Boyajian for Congress
- 11:58 Armenian lawmaker calls on Latvia to recognize Armenian Genocide
- 11:46 Erdogan predicts future of Muslims after Trump’s Jerusalem move
- 10:40 Former US envoy to Russia: Trump-Putin phone call not in national interests
- 10:27 Black ice takes hold on some roads
- 09:45 North Korea intends to be 'world's strongest nuclear power'
- 20:16 President of Artsakh received Armenian premier
- 17:59 Dollar drops in Armenia
- 16:40 A palliative medicine service center to operate in Artsakh in 2018
- 16:17 Negotiations underway regarding Armenia-China direct flights - deputy FM
- 16:13 New Year preparations in Artsakh
- 15:48 EU leaders fail to agree on migration policy
- 15:19 Russia presidential elections set for March 18
- 14:57 Greek deputy FM visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
- 14:15 Former Turkish police officer detained as suspect in Russian ambassador’s murder
- 12:58 Bako Sahakyan: Numerous projects were implemented in Artsakh healthcare sphere with the support of Armenia
- 12:11 Armenia should be a very safe country, says President Serzh Sargsyan
- 11:46 Yerevan hosts international seminar on army
- 11:04 President Sargsyan signs EEU Customs Code ratification law
- 10:40 Japan imposes new sanctions on North Korea
- 10:06 Artsakh should be directly involved in negotiation process – FM Masis Mayilyan
- 10:05 Trump thanks Putin
- 09:47 All interstate and republican roads open in Armenia
- 09:34 EU leaders oppose Trump position on Jerusalem
- 09:16 Armenian President presents vision of NK conflict settlement
- 17:43 The ICRC visits the detainees captured in relation to Nagorno-Karabagh conflict
- 17:04 Putin proposes setting up joint customs checkpoints between EAEU countries
- 16:48 Armenia to continue developing cooperation and partnership with NATO, Gagik Hovhannisyan says
- 16:18 Armenia FM to head to Kyiv
- 15:07 A lecture on pomegranate cultivation was organized in Stepanakert
- 14:11 Putin to run as independent candidate
- 13:23 Hayrenaser charity NGO continues its patriotic mission
- 13:05 CPJ: Turkey remains world's worst jailer of journalists
- 12:28 Jose Mourinho explains Henrikh Mkhitaryan absence
- 11:00 Turkey military carries out operations against Kurdish militants at foot of Mount Ararat
- 10:33 World oil prices up
- 10:28 Kremlin does not share Erdogan’s stance on Israel
- 10:16 Turkey: US can no longer be mediator in Israel-Palestine conflict
- 10:03 Black ice grips some roads in Armenia
- 09:39 State Department: US will be open to talking to North Korea “when the time is right”
- 17:42 Dollar drops in Armenia
- 17:21 Solemn opening ceremony of a new community center in Ukhtadzor
- 16:37 NATO is satisfied with level of relations with Armenia - Rosaria Puglisi
- 15:42 FM Nalbandian meets with President of Greece in Athens
- 15:26 Erdogan calls to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine
- 15:25 Armenia among most popular destinations for UAE tourists
- 14:58 NATO Deputy Secretary General to visit Armenia
- 13:09 The Australian Greens recognize Artsakh
- 12:37 Karabakh FM meets with Armenian Assembly of America delegation
- 12:21 Mijnavan to have a new residential building
- 11:48 Armenian FM meets Greek counterpart in Athens
- 10:57 Poland has new government, solely PM changed
- 10:18 Tillerson: US prepared to negotiate with North Korea without preconditions
- 10:11 EU to agree extending economic sanctions on Russia until mid-2018
- 09:59 Russia's space corporation to promote navigation services, space tourism on global market
- 09:58 Roads partly icy in Armenia
- 17:49 Dollar, euro “lose ground” in Armenia
- 17:25 Visa liberalization with EU will still take time, says French Ambassador to Armenia
- 16:26 Armenia 75th on “Good Country” list
- 16:01 ECHR ruling: Armenian refugee entitled to € 5,000 in compensation by Azerbaijan
- 12.11.2017 Artsakh sportsman becomes double World Champion
- 12.11.2017 Jivan Avetisyan: HBO American television network will screen ''The Last Inhabitant'' in Eastern Europe
- 12.11.2017 President Sahakyan signs laws
- 12.11.2017 Artsakh Foreign Ministry: We welcome the intention of the Honolulu City to establish friendship relations with Stepanakert
- 12.12.2017 Karabakh soldier accidentally shot by fellow soldier
- 12.15.2017 New Year preparations in Artsakh
- 12.11.2017 Aivazovsky painting sold at Prague auction for almost $1 million
- 12.12.2017 ECHR ruling: Armenian refugee entitled to € 5,000 in compensation by Azerbaijan
- 12.13.2017 Solemn opening ceremony of a new community center in Ukhtadzor