Historical event in Tbilisi: Tumanyan’s house opens its doors
The opening ceremony of the ‘Hovhannes Tumanyan House’ scientific-cultural center was held in the last apartment of Hovhannes Tumanyan in Tbilisi on August 5 by opening new page for the Armenian-Georgian cultural ties.
STEPANAKERT, AUGUST 7, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: The base of this historical event was the return of Tumanyan’s Tbilisi house to the Armenian community where many famous Armenian figures, such as Aghayan, Komitas, Shirvanzade, Isahakyan, Papazyan and etc, were hosted, where literary talks, readings, press conferences, discussions on published and unpublished works were held, the Armenian, Georgian and world literature samples were studied.
After Georgia’s independence, the fate of the All Armenian poet’s house alienated from the Armenian community was urgent: a non-operative library unit belonging to private owner and half-ruined apartment left to the heirs.
Tumanyan’s house was handed over to its original owner thanks to the efforts of former President of the Writers’ Union of Armenia, late Levon Ananyan. Former Mayor of Gyumri, currently MP Vardan Ghukasyan and co-founder of the IDeA Foundation Ruben Vardanyan assisted the program. The renovation, improvement and furnishing works of the house have been conducted by the Jinishian Memorial Foundation, IDeA Foundation and the Armenian Diocese of Georgia.
The opening ceremony of the ‘Hovhannes Tumanyan House’ center was attended by the delegation of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Armenian and Georgian state, political figures, diplomats, guests from Russia and Armenia’s various cities and regions, heads of community structures and Georgian-Armenian intellectuals.
The opening ceremony of the center started with laying a wreath at the tomb of Hovhannes Tumanyan in the Khojivank Pantheon of Armenian writers and public figures.
MP Vardan Ghukasyan, IDeA Foundation’s Executive Director Edgar Manukyan, Executive Director at Jinishian Memorial Program Elizan Minasyan cut the ribbon. The opening ceremony was also attended by a spiritual class.
Director of the center Gisane Hovsepyan delivered speech over the center’s activity and its future programs.
Primate of Tavush Diocese Bishop Ter-Bagrat Galstyan read the congratulatory message of His Holiness Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II, as well as the congratulatory messages of Armenia’s Diaspora Minister Hranush Hakobyan and Armenian Ambassador to Georgia Yuri Vardanyan were presented.
Thereafter, congratulatory remarks were delivered by Director of the Hovhannes Tumanyan House-Museum Narine Tukhikyan, President of the Writers’ Union of Armenia Eduard Militonyan, son of Levon Ananyan, Director of Armenpress news agency Aram Ananyan, President of the Writers’ Union of Georgia Makvala Gonashvili, as well as by other public and literary figures.
The event was summarized by Primate of the Armenian Diocese of Georgia, His Grace Bishop Vazgen Mirzakhanyan who expressed gratitude to all philanthrophists, supporters for returning Tumanyan’s historical house to the Armenian community.
The center will carry out literary, scientific, educational and cultural activity, one of the halls is named after Levon Ananyan where Armenian and Georgian writers will hold meetings, discussions, the center will also serve for ethnography studies and development, will establish cultural ties between the Armenian and Georgian art figures, will have a puppet theatre, AGBU virtual university branch, spiritual, cultural heritage museum of Georgian-Armenians, as well as a library.
- 17:50 EU urges US Congress to preserve Iran nuclear deal
- 17:09 Poland's foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 15:40 NATO chief welcomes Armenia’s readiness to participate in discussions on peace in Syria
- 14:04 Armenia Parliament speaker to head to Poland
- 10:57 Maintaining negotiation process on NK conflict will reduce the risk of military confrontation – Russian expert
- 10:35 Two multi-apartment buildings are being built in Karmir Shouka (Red Market)
- 09:43 UN Secretary-General calls on Armenia and Azerbaijan to resolve Karabakh conflict
- 09:23 Group of Armenians visit their forebears’ cemetery in Turkey’s Zara town
- 17:25 Armenia, Azerbaijan leaders agreed to intensify negotiation process
- 16:21 Artsakh sportsman became European champion
- 16:05 Sargsyan-Aliyev meeting is over
- 15:18 Armenian, Azerbaijani Presidents hold private meeting in Geneva
- 14:24 Sargsyan-Aliyev talks kick off in Geneva
- 13:23 Armenia president arrives in Geneva
- 12:51 State organs have been commissioned to realize elaboration and implementation of measures envisaged in Artsakh Republic President's program
- 12:46 Bako Sahakyan convened an extended consultation devoted to the President’s 2017-2020 Program
- 10:25 Global oil prices rising
- 10:13 Armenia is one of China’s foreign policy priorities – Beijing MFA official
- 10:10 Vietnam braces for typhoon Khanun after 72 killed in floods
- 11:27 Bako Sahakyan partook at solemn event marking the 25th anniversary of the 8th separate motorized brigade formation
- 10:41 President Bako Sahakyan makes new appointment
- 10:39 Turkey troops enter Syria
- 09:48 UNESCO selects French culture minister as new chief
- 17:24 Partnership-2017: Scenarios of combat operations performed at finals of military drills
- 16:05 Iraq starts operation to retake Kirkuk
- 14:47 MOD: Armenia will continue active participation in CSTO
- 14:19 Israel to join US in quitting Unesco
- 13:13 Armenia, Azerbaijan presidents’ talk slated for October 16 in Switzerland
- 12:53 Ishkhanadzor has new football stadium
- 12:02 Armenian Genocide documentary screened in Moscow
- 11:01 Community center is being built in Khndzristan village of Askeran region, Artsakh
- 09:49 California wildfire: Death toll rises to 31
- 09:31 Trump poised to abandon Iran nuclear deal
- 21:59 Armen Ashotyan: Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan to meet in Geneva next week
- 17:38 The EU's Chief Negotiator: Brexit Talks Are Still in Deadlock
- 16:02 Tillerson Expressed is "Profound Concern" Over Turkey's Actions
- 13:53 Armenia deputy defense minister heads to Tajikistan
- 13:40 Social living conditions of Karabakh soldiers at frontline will be improved
- 13:28 Shavarsh Kocharyan: Decrease in incidents is due to fact that Armenian parties are more prepared for them
- 13:15 Armenia deputy FM: Expected Sargsyan-Aliyev talk’s content is not convenient to Azerbaijan
- 10:57 Doctors from USA performing free operations at Stepanakert Maternity Hospital
- 10:30 Student-Pupil-Soldier: The Power of Unity program launched at Artsakh State University
- 10:01 Hamas and Fatah 'reach deal’ to end decade-old Palestinian rift
- 09:46 Armenian-American military cooperation continues to develop
- 09:44 Pentagon: US-Turkey diplomatic tension will not affect military cooperation
- 17:54 President Bako Sahakyan signed laws
- 17:53 Spain Takes the First Step Towards the Direct Rule of Catalonia
- 17:11 Dollar, euro continue gaining value in Armenia
- 16:48 French Lawmaker: Macron Could Be Active in Karabakh Conflict Settlement Process
- 14:45 Armenia Parliament leader to head to Russia
- 14:03 PACE adopts resolution criticizing crackdown on human rights in Azerbaijan
- 13:55 Arevik Children's Hospital replenished with new equipment
- 11:04 Soldier shot dead by Azerbaijani gunfire at Armenian border
- 10:20 Theresa May reaffirms UK commitment to Iran nuclear deal
- 10:02 Harut Sassounian: Absurd propagandist for Azerbaijan blames California Armenians
- 09:51 State Department: US remains very concerned with situation in Turkey
- 09:38 Trump may visit DMZ between North and South Korea
- 09:13 Catalonia leader signs declaration of independence
- 17:31 Bako Sahakyan convoked working consultation with participation of the heads of the regional administrations
- 17:16 Transparency International calls on CoE to take tough measures against Azerbaijani corruption scandals and money laundering
- 10.11.2017 Soldier shot dead by Azerbaijani gunfire at Armenian border
- 10.14.2017 President Bako Sahakyan makes new appointment
- 10.11.2017 President Bako Sahakyan signed laws
- 10.11.2017 Dollar, euro continue gaining value in Armenia
- 10.11.2017 Arevik Children's Hospital replenished with new equipment
- 10.12.2017 Student-Pupil-Soldier: The Power of Unity program launched at Artsakh State University
- 10.11.2017 Armenia Parliament leader to head to Russia
- 10.12.2017 Doctors from USA performing free operations at Stepanakert Maternity Hospital
- 10.12.2017 Armenia deputy FM: Expected Sargsyan-Aliyev talk’s content is not convenient to Azerbaijan