International recognition of Artsakh Republic is just matter of time – Vice-Speaker Sharmazanov
Vice-Speaker of Armenia’s Parliament Eduard Sharmazanov on August 11 hosted member of the Parliament of Portugal Rubina Berardo, press service of the parliament told.
STEPANAKERT, AUGUST 11, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS: The meeting was also attended by head of Armenia-Portugal parliamentary friendship group Gagik Melikyan.
Vice-Speaker Sharmazanov expressed hope Portugal-Armenia friendship group will be formed in the Portugeuse Parliament soon. He attached importance to deepening the ties with Portugal in terms of developing Armenia-EU ties and establishing political dialogue between the two countries.
Sharmazanov at the meeting also touched upon the Nagorno Karabakh conflict, as one of the key issues of Armenian political agenda, stating that Azerbaijan presents it as a territorial issue between the two countries, however, in reality, it is a classical example of peoples’ self-determination.
The Vice-Speaker called on the European partners not to become the victim of Azerbaijani fake propaganda and present the reality to the world.
“The people of Artsakh, like every people in the world, have a right to live freely and independently. We will spare no efforts to reach the international recognition of Artsakh’s independence, and the international recognition of the Artsakh independence is just a matter of time”, Sharmazanov said.
As for the recognition and condemnation of the Armenian Genocide, Sharmazanov said numerous countries of the world have recognized it and condemned the extermination of millions of Christians, however, Turkey still continues the cultural genocide started in the beginning of the past century: the recent incidents are linked with Varagavank.
In her turn Rubina Berardo thanked for the reception and said the two peoples can find cooperation ways and develop ties in human rights, economic, cultural and other spheres.
At the end of the meeting Rubina Berardo, by attaching importance to the development of inter-parliamentary ties, said after the visit to Armenia the next step can be the formation of friendship group with Armenia in Portugal’s Parliament.
- 11:14 Trump suspected Bannon of leaking information to reporters
- 10:07 Media: Three out of four Barcelona attack suspects killed
- 10:05 White House chief strategist Bannon leaves his post
- 17:58 Catalonia police detain fourth suspect in terror attacks
- 16:40 One of those injured in Cambrils attack dies
- 16:19 Erdogan says Merkel's party is Turkey’s enemy
- 14:23 IS takes reponsibility for Spain Terroist Attack
- 12:57 Zakharova: Russia devotes special attention to Karabakh issue
- 11:40 Armenian PM promises to plant pomegranate orchard in Artsakh
- 10:59 Serzh Sargsyan congratulates Indonesian counterpart
- 10:37 MFA: Armenian nationals not injured in Barcelona attack
- 09:59 Spanish police say second terrorist attack prevented
- 18:05 Merkel Finds It Impossible to Negotiate with Turkey
- 16:53 Dollar and euro drop in Armenia
- 16:36 Turkey warns Kurdish referendum can lead to 'civil war'
- 14:30 Hostages held at Dutch radio station
- 13:49 US State Department publishes 2016 report on religious freedom in Armenia
- 13:35 Armenia and Artsakh PMs got familiarized with construction works in Talish (Video)
- 10:27 Global oil prices are up
- 09:43 Aleppo gradually recovers, schools are preparing for new academic year
- 09:31 Karabakh young soldiers are heroes of Italian photographer's project (PHOTOS)
- 18:01 Trump says North Korean leader made “wise” decision
- 16:40 Dollar drops slightly in Armenia
- 15:09 Armenian becomes one of main teaching languages at LA elementary school
- 14:50 EU: Special representative for South Caucasus leaves position in view of new responsibilities
- 13:34 Macron tells Erdogan of 'concern' over French journalist detained in Turkey
- 12:03 Hoagland: Minsk Group co-chairs encourage Armenia and Azerbaijan presidents to meet
- 11:34 Arayik Haroutyunyan welcomes Karen Karapetyan who is on vacation
- 11:14 Global oil prices are up
- 09:44 Turkish activist admits that recognition of Armenian Genocide by Texas was a major blow for them
- 09:18 Earthquake registered in Armenia
- 16:56 UN: Nearly 50,000 stranded at Jordan-Syria border
- 16:50 Trump and Shinzo Abe talk on phone to discuss North Korea
- 15:44 UN to allocate $ 5.9 million to drought-affected people in North Korea
- 13:58 Armenia soldier found hanged in Shirak Province
- 12:26 Ashot Ghulyan received Belgium Catholic Church delegation
- 11:37 Rouhani warns Iran can quit nuclear deal if US imposes new sanctions
- 11:25 Floods kill more than 100 people in North India
- 10:41 Global oil prices are up
- 10:06 Gladys Berejiklian: I hope to visit Armenia next year as Premier of New South Wales
- 09:36 Quake hits Armenia
- 17:50 Trump announces about his return to Washington
- 16:34 Dried fruits produced in Martakert will be exported to Russia
- 15:56 Defense Army serviceman Arman Movsisyan posthumously awarded with the "For Service in Battle" medal
- 15:48 Artsakh Defense Army soldier killed by Azerbaijani shooting
- 15:11 Hotel complex been opened in Mataghis
- 12:43 Lawyer: Situation over Lapshin's extradition to Israel will be decided in next 7-10 days
- 12:14 Baku asks Israeli company to test drone on Armenian positions
- 12:08 Global oil prices falling
- 11:53 Armenian PM, Kazakh counterpart discuss bilateral economic cooperation
- 11:11 Garo Paylan visits Armenian cemetery of Turkey’s Van
- 10:49 17 killed in Burkina Faso restaurant attack
- 10:08 Armenian PM holds private meeting with his Belarusian counterpart
- 09:19 Eurasian Intergovernmental Council’s session kicks off in Astana, Kazakhstan
- 11:20 Trump to North Korea: I hope that they are going to fully understand the gravity of what I said
- 16:17 Iran floods kill 2 people
- 16:11 The Number of Migrants Arriving in Spain Triples
- 16:09 The US and South Korea to Hold Military Exercises
- 15:44 Armenia PM to visit Kazakhstan
- 13:58 International recognition of Artsakh Republic is just matter of time – Vice-Speaker Sharmazanov
- 08.14.2017 Artsakh Defense Army soldier killed by Azerbaijani shooting
- 08.15.2017 Ashot Ghulyan received Belgium Catholic Church delegation
- 08.14.2017 Defense Army serviceman Arman Movsisyan posthumously awarded with the "For Service in Battle" medal
- 08.14.2017 Baku asks Israeli company to test drone on Armenian positions
- 08.14.2017 Hotel complex been opened in Mataghis
- 08.14.2017 Garo Paylan visits Armenian cemetery of Turkey’s Van
- 08.16.2017 Arayik Haroutyunyan welcomes Karen Karapetyan who is on vacation
- 08.14.2017 Lawyer: Situation over Lapshin's extradition to Israel will be decided in next 7-10 days
- 08.18.2017 Armenian PM promises to plant pomegranate orchard in Artsakh