Canadian Members of Parliament made a press conference in Stepanakert
Canadian Members of Parliament Tony Clement, Rachael Harder and OFWI ( “One Free World International) President and Founder Majed EL Shafie made a press conference in Stepanakert.
STEPANAKERT, SEPTEMBER 2, ARTSAKHPRESS: In an interview with “Artsakhpress”, Majed EL Shafie informed that Tony Clement and Rachael Harder joined the Fact-Finding Mission of OFWI to investigate reports of war crimes by Azerbaijani military forces.Majed EL Shafie noted that OFWI concluded a four-day fact-finding mission to Armenia and Artsakh to investigate reports of war crimes committed by Azerbaiajni forces during the April 2016 war between Artsakh and Azerbaijan.
“The international community must do more to restore stability to the region and prosecute those responsible for violations of human rights and indiscriminate attacks on civilians.From the beheading of Artsakh Defense Army soldiers, to mutilation and indiscriminate killing of civilians, to the coordinated nature of the military activity, Azerbaijani AF posted graphic images and videos of the atrocities on social media throughout the conflict.
OFWI will write to Canadian authorities and continue to shine a spotlight on these shocking human rights violations to bring the perpetrators to justice.
In light of these findings, the Government of Canada needs to review the sale of Canadian arms and military equipment and halt the exports until the Azerbaiajni government lives up to its international human rights obligations,” Majed EL Shafie noted.
Tony Clement in his speech noted that in Artsakh he had met with parents who lost relatives during two conflicts.As to the reactions in Azerbaijan concerning our visit, they threaten us. "I am here to find out the truth within the frameworks of the humanitarian mission.
If Azerbaijan is hostile towards me, I can imagine how they treat their neighbors. In this regard, I do not condemn the Azerbaijani people, but only wish peace, and this is the attitude we have towards the Azerbaijani government and people, "said Tony Clement.
Rachael Harder shared her impressions got in Artsakh and talked about the purpose of their visit.
"We are here for two main reasons: to meet with Artsakh and Armenian officials, military personnel and the families of the war veterans. And the second reason is to see the real picture of the war, to understand and to hear the opinions of the local people who passed through all these and now only want peace.
At the end of the meeting they answered the journalists’ questions.
- 16:24 Artsakh President: Cooperation with American University of Armenia was on high level
- 16:08 Brass plates stolen from Matenadaran
- 15:35 Syria's Ghouta residents 'wait to die' as bombs fall
- 14:55 Syrian pro-government forces enter Afrin
- 13:04 President attends meeting of Artsakh Police Board
- 12:35 Artsakh wushu athletes win gold
- 12:20 France urges Karabakh parties to refrain from statements that could cause tension
- 11:22 Madagascar foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 11:09 Oil prices go down
- 10:58 Saratov Airlines to launch Volgograd-Yerevan flight
- 10:00 South Korea to announce joint military drill plan with U.S. before April
- 09:29 More bombs hit Syria's Ghouta, death toll highest since 2013
- 22:10 Festive concert dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement took place in Stepanakert
- 18:02 Official reception dedicated to Artsakh Revival Day held in Stepanakert
- 17:25 Dollar tumble not stopping in Armenia
- 16:58 Armenian military delegation departs for Moscow
- 15:55 Armenia MPs to visit US
- 15:16 G20 to take place in Osaka, Japan
- 14:18 Etchmiatsin assembly to discuss Armenian Patriarchate of Istanbul situation
- 13:29 Parliament to hold hearings on Sumgait Pogroms
- 13:17 President of Artsakh convened working consultation devoted to activity of "Base Metals'' company
- 12:57 Global oil prices manifest different dynamics
- 12:14 Artsakh Foreign Minister: Azerbaijan’s inconsistency a trick not to accept fulfillment of our people’s right to self-determination
- 11:31 Turkish court rules to return Sanasaryan Han building to Armenian Patriarchate
- 11:31 Armenia’s Aronian to participate in Grenke Chess Classic elite tournament
- 10:59 Armenia MFA: Absence of adequate reaction to Azerbaijan president’s statement has encouraged his defense minister
- 10:21 Lebanon army will confront any potential 'Israeli aggression': chief
- 10:08 Events dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement to be organized abroad: Artsakh FM
- 09:40 Artsakh President sends cogratulatory message on Artsakh Revival Day
- 16:46 ‘Arsenal FC is 32 years older than the state of Azerbaijan’ – Sharmazanov mocks recent Azeri rant on “historic lands”
- 16:29 One euro drops below AMD 600 in Armenia
- 16:08 Sixteen European Parliamentarians ask Federica Mogherini why EU officials do not visit Nagorno Karabakh
- 15:47 Artsakh MFA: There is a positive tendency toward international recognition of Artsakh
- 15:16 Armenia to participate in International Public Speaking Competition 2018
- 14:55 Expert highlights key points of President Sargsyan’s Munich speech on Armenian-Turkish relations
- 14:14 7 boxers to represent Armenia at Strandzha Cup
- 13:58 President of Lebanon to arrive in Armenia February 21
- 12:36 NATO accuses Russia in inciting new nuclear arms race
- 12:05 Global oil prices on the rise
- 11:05 Tillerson says US evaluating additional Russian individuals for sanctioning
- 10:34 ISIS claims responsibility for Dagestan church attack
- 10:30 Israeli air force bombards Gaza Strip in response to rocket attack
- 10:20 Armenian judoka wins bronze at European championship
- 09:43 All 65 passengers, crew feared dead in Iranian plane crash
- 11:45 Armenia to attend Munich Security Conference
- 11:22 Heavy fog hits some roads in Armenia
- 10:55 Solemn sitting dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement held in Martakert
- 09:59 Strong quake hits Mexico
- 09:24 Turkey court sentences 6 journalists to life in jail
- 16:44 National Geographic posts photos of Artsakh on Instagram, doesn’t avoid using the term “republic”
- 16:07 U.S. and Turkey agree to mend ties; Turks propose joint deployment in Syria
- 15:07 Arsenal’s Mkhitaryan named best player in Ostersunds clash
- 14:32 Artur Mkrtchyan commemorated in Stepanakert (Photos)
- 14:14 Two bills on Armenian Genocide to be discussed before Netherlands parliament’s spring leave
- 12:31 Turkish PM’s visit to Germany accompanied by protests
- 12:17 Artsakh President partakes at reporting meeting of Artsakh Public Prosecutor's Office
- 12:13 Major General Tigran Parvanyan appointed Armenian-Russian joint military unit commander
- 11:04 Turkey MP Garo Paylan denounces state interference in Armenian Patriarchate affairs
- 10:34 All interstate, republican roads open for traffic
- 10:12 Karabakh oldest woman is 110 years old
- 02.16.2018 Karabakh oldest woman is 110 years old
- 02.15.2018 Industrial production increased by 54.8% in Artsakh: Martakert is leading
- 02.15.2018 Famous Slovak film director speaks about 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement
- 02.15.2018 Artsakh agricultural GDP up 7.8%
- 02.15.2018 Results and projects of “Artsakh HPP”: Company director tells about the most important
- 02.15.2018 Event dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement takes place in Stepanakert
- 02.16.2018 National Geographic posts photos of Artsakh on Instagram, doesn’t avoid using the term “republic”
- 02.16.2018 Major General Tigran Parvanyan appointed Armenian-Russian joint military unit commander
- 02.16.2018 Artsakh President partakes at reporting meeting of Artsakh Public Prosecutor's Office