Bako Sahakyan re-inaugurated
The inauguration ceremony of the president of the Artsakh Republic took place during the special meeting of the National Assembly of Artsakh on September 7.
STEPANAKERT, SEPTEMBER 7, ARTSAKHPRESS: As “ Artsakhpress” reports, Speaker of the Artsakh National Assembly Ashot Ghulyan made an opening speech.
With his hand on the original Constitution of the Republic of Artsakh and the oldest surviving complete manuscript – a 7th century Bible – the President took an oath of office:
"Assuming the office of the President of the Republic of Artsakh I swear: to fulfill the requirements of the Constitution in an unreserved manner; to respect the fundamental human and civil rights and freedoms; to ensure the protection, independence, territorial integrity and security of the Republic to the glory of the Republic of Artsakh and to the welfare of the people of the Republic of Artsakh".
Archbishop Pargev Martirosyan, Primate of the Diocese of Artsakh of the Armenian Apostolic Church held blessing ceremony, afterwards congratulated Bako Sahakyan.
After the swearing-in ceremony, Bako Sahakyan made a speech in the Parliament where he specifically said that during the special session convened by the National Assembly on July 19, he had made a speech as a presidential candidate, presenting the views and approaches of the political forces who supported him and his candidacy in the direction of raising the welfare of the citizens.
"In that speech, I particularly touched upon the issues of army building, the consistent increase of the combat spirit and preparedness of our armed forces ,the solution of social issues of servicemen. I have especially paid special attention to the work that we are going to do in the future to protect democratic processes and human rights.
I pointed out the works we are going to implement in different sectors of the economy - energy, mining, agriculture, urban development. I have presented the state policy in the future.
I have specifically mentioned the steps to be taken to develop the education system that is of strategic importance, our culture, tourism, sports, modern technologies and social life. Today, I want to express my conviction that with joint efforts we are able to accomplish conscious, consistent work, for implementing the mentioned programs and tasks," Bako Sahakyan said.
Subsequently, NA Speaker Ashot Ghoulyan said that the assumption of the office by the Artsakh Republic President is a unique summary of the processes initiated by the new Constitution of the Republic of Artsakh .
“With today's solemn event a new political stage is being launched in our country, the main goal of which is to increase the effectiveness of the public administration system, taking into account the realities,” Ghoulyan said.
The ceremony was attended by high-ranking officials of the country.
- President Bako Sahakyan signs range of laws
- Artsakh President partakes in New Year event organized by “Base Metals” company
- President of Artsakh signs a number of laws
- Artsakh President meets with representatives of the Artsakh Republic Audit Chamber
- Bako Sahakyan: Numerous projects were implemented in Artsakh healthcare sphere with the support of Armenia
- 17:42 Dollar decline continues in Armenia
- 17:10 Criminal proceedings launched over Azerbaijani shooting of Armenian soldier
- 16:45 Nalbandian-Mammadyarov meeting kicks off in Kraków, Poland
- 16:26 Garo Paylan responds to publication of Turkish newspapers
- 15:35 6 marksmen from Armenia to compete in Munich Int’l Tournament
- 15:21 French Ambassador expects strengthening of Francophonie positions in Armenia by upcoming summit in Yerevan
- 14:32 Bus fire kills 52 Uzbeks travelling in Kazakhstan
- 14:26 President Putin invites CIS countries to become EAEU observers
- 13:45 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger comments on Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s transfer
- 13:05 Armenia President to address PACE on January 24
- 12:59 Meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs in Kraków is expected and desirable, says French Ambassador
- 12:11 Armenia military truck and car crash, 2 dead
- 10:59 Sotk – Karvachar road, Vardenyats pass difficult to pass
- 10:53 Turkey discussing with Russia, US possible Syria military operation
- 09:42 US Congressman presents resolution to expand US-Artsakh ties
- 09:34 Turkish politician admits she attended Armenian Genocide event
- 09:19 Armenian FM meets OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs in Krakow
- 17:58 World Bank group helps improve inspections system in Armenia, reduce costs
- 17:20 Dollar continues to decline in Armenia
- 17:06 The first solar power station to be built in Artsakh with foreign investments
- 16:41 Armenian minister of agriculture departs for Germany
- 16:30 State Minister: 2018 will be a big year for Artsakh’s economy
- 15:53 Nagorno-Karabakh on UN's 2018 priority list
- 15:34 Global oil prices are down
- 15:33 Arrested ethnic Armenian in Istanbul is Turkish citizen – FM spokesman
- 15:07 Snow reported on Artik and Akhuryan roads
- 14:44 Russian flight from Mexico postponed due to 'order to deport four Armenians'
- 14:26 US proposes to split California into two states
- 14:02 MP Naghdalyan comments on leaving PACE delegation, rumors on disagreements with Arpine Hovhannisyan
- 13:07 Cigarettes without graphic health hazard warning images to remain in market until expiry date
- 12:18 Internal solution for Syria would be better: UN chief
- 11:40 Erdogan to meet Pope Francis in Vatican
- 11:33 Davit Babayan: UNESCO monitoring may only be simultaneously held in Artsakh and Azerbaijan
- 11:17 Mkhitaryan prefers Borussia Dortmund over Arsenal – British media
- 10:52 A number of screening programs to be organized in Artsakh
- 10:51 US deeply concerned over Turkey’s violations of fundamental human rights
- 10:46 Syrian opposition calls on Trump and EU to put pressure on Russia and Iran
- 10:45 French and Azerbaijani FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10:37 US, Kazakh Presidents agree to strengthen partnership
- 10:19 Pro-Kurdish party of Turkey congratulates on the late renowned Armenian musician’s birth anniversary
- 09:08 Some highways difficult to pass in Armenia, Stepantsminda-Lars highway open for all types of vehicles
- 17:51 Moscow and Washington working to organize Lavrov-Tillerson meeting
- 17:18 PM May's spokesman: Britain will be leaving the EU
- 16:44 Russian PM Medvedev says risks of terrorist use of cyberweapons soar
- 16:22 ''Teach For Armenia'' receives applications
- 16:21 Russian and Iranian FMs discuss Iranian nuclear agreement
- 16:06 Cavusoglu again uses “leave it to historians” tormented proposal on Armenian Genocide
- 15:45 The results of Artsakh National Lottery’s bonus drawing are known
- 15:42 Snow reported on number of roads in Armenia
- 14:58 Collapse of Colombian bridge kills nine workers, injures five
- 14:25 Armenia included in UN Honour Roll
- 13:52 Famous international specialists, media figures to attend conference dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh movement
- 13:07 Freedom House: Armenia among “partly free” countries
- 12:54 OSCE monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan border passed without incidents
- 12:46 Soldier dies in Artsakh
- 12:42 Turkish MP fined 1/3rd of salary for saying “Kurdistan” in Parliament
- 12:12 Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs to meet in Kraków, Poland
- 11:47 Grigor-Sevak Mkhitaryan wins Brazilian Chess Championship
- 11:42 Rocket lands inside Indian Embassy in Afghanistan's Kabul
- 11:09 Armenian parliament ratifies visa waiver deal with Tajikistan
- 01.16.2018 Soldier dies in Artsakh
- 01.12.2018 Feast of St. Sargis the Warrior to be celebrated January 27
- 01.12.2018 Event dedicated to pianist Bella Parsadanyan on her 80th birthday takes place in Stepanakert
- 01.12.2018 Artsakh Finance Minister: 15% economic growth for 2017 is expected
- 01.12.2018 Karabakh presents bid to host world football cup of unrecognized countries
- 01.12.2018 Trump says US does not need immigrants from “shithole countries”
- 01.12.2018 Macron calls on Trump to abide by nuclear agreement with Iran
- 01.12.2018 Turkey Constitutional Court releases Turkish journalist recognizing Armenian Genocide
- 01.13.2018 Additional 400 million drams to be allocated to boost resettlement program