Bako Sahakyan re-inaugurated
The inauguration ceremony of the president of the Artsakh Republic took place during the special meeting of the National Assembly of Artsakh on September 7.
STEPANAKERT, SEPTEMBER 7, ARTSAKHPRESS: As “ Artsakhpress” reports, Speaker of the Artsakh National Assembly Ashot Ghulyan made an opening speech.
With his hand on the original Constitution of the Republic of Artsakh and the oldest surviving complete manuscript – a 7th century Bible – the President took an oath of office:
"Assuming the office of the President of the Republic of Artsakh I swear: to fulfill the requirements of the Constitution in an unreserved manner; to respect the fundamental human and civil rights and freedoms; to ensure the protection, independence, territorial integrity and security of the Republic to the glory of the Republic of Artsakh and to the welfare of the people of the Republic of Artsakh".
Archbishop Pargev Martirosyan, Primate of the Diocese of Artsakh of the Armenian Apostolic Church held blessing ceremony, afterwards congratulated Bako Sahakyan.
After the swearing-in ceremony, Bako Sahakyan made a speech in the Parliament where he specifically said that during the special session convened by the National Assembly on July 19, he had made a speech as a presidential candidate, presenting the views and approaches of the political forces who supported him and his candidacy in the direction of raising the welfare of the citizens.
"In that speech, I particularly touched upon the issues of army building, the consistent increase of the combat spirit and preparedness of our armed forces ,the solution of social issues of servicemen. I have especially paid special attention to the work that we are going to do in the future to protect democratic processes and human rights.
I pointed out the works we are going to implement in different sectors of the economy - energy, mining, agriculture, urban development. I have presented the state policy in the future.
I have specifically mentioned the steps to be taken to develop the education system that is of strategic importance, our culture, tourism, sports, modern technologies and social life. Today, I want to express my conviction that with joint efforts we are able to accomplish conscious, consistent work, for implementing the mentioned programs and tasks," Bako Sahakyan said.
Subsequently, NA Speaker Ashot Ghoulyan said that the assumption of the office by the Artsakh Republic President is a unique summary of the processes initiated by the new Constitution of the Republic of Artsakh .
“With today's solemn event a new political stage is being launched in our country, the main goal of which is to increase the effectiveness of the public administration system, taking into account the realities,” Ghoulyan said.
The ceremony was attended by high-ranking officials of the country.
- Special attention is paid to solving social problems of servicemen, President of Artsakh
- Artsakh's Sahakyan receives Ambassador Andrzej Kasprzyk
- Artsakh President congratulates Serzh Sargsyan on being elected prime-minister of Armenia
- President of Artsakh receives Chairman of National Commission on TV and Radio of Armenia
- Artsakh President convokes working consultation
- 12:52 PM Sargsyan unveils plans to increase pensions, minimum salary in Armenia from Jan. 1
- 12:31 Working day of April 30 to be moved to May 5 in Artsakh
- 12:17 Austria says will bar Turkish politicians from campaigning on its soil
- 12:04 Russia says Trump invited Putin to U.S. during phone call
- 12:02 Man linked to 9/11 attacks on U.S. captured in Syria: Pentagon
- 11:51 Russian Foreign Ministry evacuated over bomb threat
- 11:29 Nearly 40 people slightly injured in Austrian train accident
- 10:53 Azerbaijani leadership with morbid obsession ignores or distorts everything - deputy foreign minister
- 10:34 EU granted 500,000 people asylum protection in 2017
- 10:13 Syria’s Assad returns Legion d'honneur 2001 award to France
- 10:10 Catholicos Aram I of Great House of Cilicia arrives in Armenia
- 09:42 US concerned over Turkey’s ability to hold snap elections during state of emergency
- 09:33 There is no desire to use measures of compulsion, but permissiveness cannot prevail in the country – Serzh Sargsyan speaks about Yerevan rallies
- 09:11 Azerbaijan should get rid of false illusions for settling NK conflict – PM Serzh Sargsyan
- 18:15 Number of tourists visiting Artsakh’s Vank village increases, head of the community (photos)
- 17:44 South Korea's Moon says North seeking 'complete denuclearization'
- 16:59 Finance, territorial administration, economy ministers re-appointed by President
- 16:45 Dollar drop not stopping in Armenia
- 16:30 Economic conference to be held in Stepanakert, foreign businessmen will participate
- 15:29 Special attention is paid to solving social problems of servicemen, President of Artsakh
- 14:58 Artsakh Defense Army replenished with new equipment, Artsakh President
- 14:51 Hovhannes Nikoghosyan appointed spokesperson of Prime Minister
- 14:50 Mkhitaryan back on track after injury-related hiatus
- 14:01 PM Medvedev highlights Serzh Sargsyan’s personal contribution to development of Armenian- Russian allied relations
- 13:07 Kyrgyz president dismisses republic’s cabinet
- 12:44 Kyrgyzstan’s parliament votes no-confident to republic’s cabinet
- 11:50 EU on Yerevan protests: All parties involved should show restraint and responsibility
- 11:48 5.9 magnitude earthquake hits southern Iran
- 11:47 Latvian parliament ratifies EU-Armenia agreement
- 11:42 Armenia president signs EU-Armenia agreement
- 11:27 Turkey extends ongoing state of emergency for 7th consecutive time
- 10:54 Hundreds flee homes as 4.4 magnitude quake strikes Indonesia
- 10:31 Nobel Prize winning play to be staged in Shushi, Artsakh
- 09:42 Saudi cinema launch ends decades-old ban, public screenings start Friday
- 09:35 Turkey to dismiss 3,000 people in military
- 09:20 Glendale City Council approves Armenian American Museum
- 18:31 Doctors from Yerevan to conduct free examinations in Stepanakert maternity hospital
- 17:56 Britain admits OPCW did not confirm ‘essential evidence’ on origin of Skripal poison
- 17:43 President Sarkissian signs decree on appointing Karen Karapetyan First Deputy Prime Minister
- 17:29 Armenia’s Hrant Melkumyan among leaders of Bangkok Chess Club Open
- 17:09 Turkey's Erdogan declares early elections on June 24
- 17:08 Armenian national security neutralizes bank account scamming syndicate
- 16:49 Artsakh denies opening gunfire, wounding Azerbaijani villager
- 16:11 Artsakh army soldier Ruslan Manukyan posthumously awarded with "For Service in Battle" medal
- 15:56 Brazil can be a big market for Armenian mineral waters, food products and alcoholic drinks
- 15:55 “Yerevan, you are wonderful” – Alexander Lapshin arrives in Armenia for 1st time after highly publicized Baku jailing
- 15:26 British regulator opens seven investigations into Russia's RT news channel
- 14:33 Peskov: Kremlin monitoring developments in Armenia
- 14:29 Media watchdog warns Facebook may face block in Russia unless databases are localized
- 13:33 Investigation launched into death of Artsakh soldier
- 13:09 Iran says will make or buy any weapons it needs, lambasts 'invading powers'
- 12:46 Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan border passes in accordance with the agreed schedule
- 12:45 Weapons are smuggled through Slovakia to Azerbaijan, Czech reporters reveal
- 12:43 Dutch State Secretary to attend Armenian Genocide commemoration in Yerevan
- 12:40 Ilham Aliyev’s inauguration to 4th term in office underway in Azerbaijani parliament
- 12:21 Iran's Rouhani, Turkey's Erdogan discuss Syria on phone
- 11:37 Iran says its military power no threat to neighbours
- 11:32 US State Department reacts to Armenia demonstrations, hails police conduct
- 11:28 Demonstrators reach PM residence in Yerevan
- 10:55 Monuments in Artsakh date back to Stone Age and Late Middle Ages, historian
- 04.16.2018 Soldier dies in one of military units of Artsakh’s Defense Army
- 04.18.2018 Armenian national security neutralizes bank account scamming syndicate
- 04.14.2018 Management of “Pedigree station” CJSC handed over to Shushi Technological University
- 04.13.2018 New details on Tavush landmine explosion as military launches probe
- 04.19.2018 Artsakh Defense Army replenished with new equipment, Artsakh President
- 04.17.2018 Armenian lawmakers elect Serzh Sargsyan as Prime Minister in historic vote
- 04.13.2018 Artsakh NA President receives participants of Students Forum dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement
- 04.18.2018 Artsakh soldier killed in landmine explosion
- 04.18.2018 “Yerevan, you are wonderful” – Alexander Lapshin arrives in Armenia for 1st time after highly publicized Baku jailing