Erdogan threatens Greece
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has made a harsh comment on the Greek attempts to extract oil in Cyprus and the Greek actions in the Aegean Sea, Diken reports.
STEPANAKERT, FEBRUARY 13, ARTSAKHPRESS:During a session of the AK party, Erdogan addressed Greece and threatened that the Turkish Navy can commence actions at any time.
“Our battleships, air force and other security forces are closely monitoring the developments in the region and are authorized to carry out any intervention”, Erdogan said.
On February 12, the Greek foreign ministry said that Turkey is violating international rights and the sovereign rights of Cyprus by disrupting the driling works in the Cyprus special economic zone (SEZ).
The Turkish Navy blockaded the marine Saipem 12000 driling station, which is driling in the Cyprus SEZ for the Italian ENI oil company. The Navy isn’t alowing the station to go further to the 3rd block and commence works.
Greek President Nicos Anastasiades said on February 11 that Turkey is continuing provocations in the Cypriot SEZ and that Nicosia intends to reach an end of the international rights violations of Turkey.
The Greek foreign ministry said Turkish actions are illegal.
“Turkey continues to question international rights by grossly violating the sovereign rights of Cyprus in Eastern Mediterranean”, the ministry said, caling on Turkey to refrain from further ilegal actions.
- 16:50 Baku café explosion kills two
- 15:58 Unfazed by charges, Turkey’s lionhearted Armenian MP Garo Paylan runs for office again
- 15:12 Two dead in Everest climbing attempt
- 14:46 President Sarkissian, Speaker of Parliament of Cyprus meet in Yerevan
- 13:57 Ethnic Armenian incumbent MP Selina Dogan not running for parliament in upcoming Turkey election
- 12:35 Armenian wrestler wins European Championship
- 10:23 Military investigates shooting of 19-year-old Private
- 09:58 Nicolas Maduro re-elected President of Venezuela
- 09:46 Turkey's Erdogan seeks votes in Bosnia after ban on campaigning elsewhere
- 23:45 Community center opened in Talish
- 12:39 Around 100,000 people expected in Windsor
- 11:52 Artsakh State Minister participates in opening ceremony of Getavan’s community center
- 11:37 Putin seeks common cause with Merkel over Trump
- 11:06 New York Times refers to photo project about Christian and Islamized Armenians in Turkey
- 10:58 Authorities: 10 dead, 10 injured in Texas school shooting
- 10:52 Armenia FM: Karabakh is the most important
- 10:29 Armenian MP of Turkey: Judging me will not force me to abandon fight for justice for genocide
- 10:12 First Armenian-American international congress of dentists to be held in Stepanakert
- 09:59 More than 100 killed in Cuba plane crash
- 09:25 President of Artsakh receives Armenian defense minister
- 21:23 State of Rhode Island passed a resolution on 30th anniversary of Sumgait Pogroms
- 21:17 Artsakh President meets with Armenian Foreign Minister
- 17:37 Artsakh leader receives delegation of Commission Regulating Public Services of Armenia
- 16:41 Defense, foreign ministers visit Armenia’s border in Nakhijevan direction
- 16:18 Putin favors status quo with new government lineup
- 14:49 Sergei Skripal discharged from hospital
- 14:28 Moscow does not rule out Russian, Georgian leaders meeting
- 13:55 Artsakh President participates in presentation of Artsakh carpets
- 13:52 Washington wants to create global coalition against Iran
- 12:46 The Armenian ®Tag presented in local, Russian, and American markets
- 12:40 Artsakh State Minister suggests Robert Nazaryan perform investigations in the spheres of communication and telecommunication in Artsakh
- 11:01 PM Pashinyan’s pick for economic revival says will visit Armenia “at convenient time”
- 10:08 Gina Haspel becomes first woman director of CIA
- 09:28 Armenian defense minister introduces situation in Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact to Ambassador Kasprzyk
- 09:24 Martakert and Bourj Hammoud Declared Twin Towns
- 17:34 Investigation launched by Article 301 of Turkish Penal Code against Garo Paylan for using “Genocide” word
- 17:12 Defense minister Tonoyan holds meeting with CSTO Secretary General
- 16:54 Armenia's NSS chief attends CIS meeting in Moscow
- 16:40 European Parliament: No deal with Azerbaijan without respect of EU values
- 15:56 Doctors of “Arabkir” medical complex conduct free examinations in Stepanakert
- 15:47 Mher Ohanyan appointed head of Martuni region
- 15:29 Armenian FM receives CSTO Secretary General
- 15:07 PM Pashinyan comments on possible meeting with Serzh Sargsyan
- 14:42 All interests of Armenia taken into account in EEU-Iran agreement, says PM Pashinyan
- 14:06 American-Armenian Garnik Sargsyan to perform solo concert in Stepanakert
- 13:43 Speaker of Parliament of Armenia holds phone talk with Speaker of Russian Federation Council
- 13:17 Events dedicated to International Museum Day being planned in Artsakh
- 13:04 Israel hits Hamas targets in Gaza - IDF
- 12:04 MFA: Armenia is committed to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 10:39 EEU-Iran interim agreement to open new opportunities for Armenian producers, says Deputy PM Tigran Avinyan
- 10:14 U.N. has 'collapsed' in the face of Gaza violence, says Turkey's Erdogan
- 10:01 EAEU, Iran sign provisional free trade zone agreement
- 09:23 Saudi Arabia and the other members of the Gulf Cooperation Council have put ten Hezbollah leaders on the list of terrorists, reported the Saudi Press Agency.
- 09:23 Armenia's Foreign Ministry concerned over recent events in Gaza Strip
- 18:26 Artsakh President receives chief executive officer of "HALO Trust"
- 18:21 Foreign Minister of Artsakh receives Chief Executive Officer of HALO Trust
- 17:34 Israel freezes Turkish agricultural imports after ambassador’s expulsion
- 16:07 Armenian military CBRN specialists participate in Russia expert meetings
- 15:58 Stepanakert-Shushi ropeway, children’s amusement park in Shushi, Artsakh State Minister on new projects
- 15:40 Defense minister holds consultation over complaint of officers of military commissariats
- 05.16.2018 Stepanakert-Shushi ropeway, children’s amusement park in Shushi, Artsakh State Minister on new projects
- 05.17.2018 Mher Ohanyan appointed head of Martuni region
- 05.15.2018 Tickets of air festival to be held in Stepanakert airport being sold
- 05.17.2018 American-Armenian Garnik Sargsyan to perform solo concert in Stepanakert
- 05.18.2018 Artsakh State Minister suggests Robert Nazaryan perform investigations in the spheres of communication and telecommunication in Artsakh
- 05.17.2018 PM Pashinyan comments on possible meeting with Serzh Sargsyan
- 05.17.2018 Doctors of “Arabkir” medical complex conduct free examinations in Stepanakert
- 05.15.2018 Artsakh President receives head of General Staff of Armenia Armed forces
- 05.18.2018 Defense, foreign ministers visit Armenia’s border in Nakhijevan direction