Festive public rally dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement organized in Stepanakert (Photos)
On Tuesday in Stepanakert a festive public rally and march was organized dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement.
STEPANAKERT, FEBRUARY 13, ARTSAKHPRESS:As Artsakhpress correspondent reports, participants of the march walked along the capital’s central streets to the Stepanakert Revival Square holding posters and flags. A festive event dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement took place in the Revival Square.
Primate of the Artsakh Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church Archbishop Pargev Martirosyan delivered a blessing speech at the public rally.
During the event documentary films about the Karabakh Movement were shown.
Artsakh Republic President, Bako Sahakyan, delivered a speech at the public rally, saying that the year of 1988 was a turning point in the history of the Armenian nation.
‘’Three decades ago these days the entire Armenian nation joined forces, doubled their fist, alerting the whole world of their readiness to struggle for living free and secure in their Fatherland.
This nationwide outburst was a dare given to tyranny, persecutions, gross violations and abuses of human rights, all the scourges, which our people had undergone over the course of their centuries-old history. And the movement was wreathed with the restoration of the independent Armenian statehood.
In this struggle for survival, unfortunately, we have had irretrievable losses. The best sons and daughters of our people have sacrificed their lives for the sacred mission of defending the Motherland. They are not victims, they are martyred heroes who have become immortal and continue the sacred mission of being the Motherland defenders inspiring and obliging to devotedly serve the homeland, work for the glory of its development and strengthening.
During all these years we have always felt the special care of Mother Armenia towards Artsakh. Our achievements and accomplishments are impossible to imagine without the active and immediate participation of the Republic of Armenia.
Today we solve great and responsible tasks together. We are all resolute and will do our best to make the future day reliable, our homeland stronger and more prosperous.
The adversary must always know that the language of force is doomed to failure. Our people, our army and the whole Armenian people will give a worthy counterstroke to every encroachment that threatens our freedom and security,’’ the President said.
One of the leaders of Karabakh Movement Hamlet Grigoryan in his speech noted that the 30th anniversary of Karabakh Movement is an all-Armenian festival. “Let’s recall those who didn’t ignore the Armenian issue in the 20th century. It’s a fact that our republic is not recognized, but it’s also true that the legitimacy of our republic hasn’t been questioned at any international court to this day,’’ said Hamlet Grigoryan.
Recalling the public rally of 1988, Karabakh Movement activist and Artsakh hero Zhanna Galstyan said, “At that time we were oppressed. Today our powerful army defends us. Today we have gathered here not only to pay tribute to the leaders of Karabakh Movement but also to mark the beginning of a new stage, which is the development stage.’’
During the event representatives of political powers and famous cultural figures of Armenia, Russia, France, Great Britain, US and European Parliament delivered congratulatory messages on the 30th anniversary of Karabakh Movement via video.
Former Artsakh President Arkadi Ghukasyan; Artsakh National Assembly Chairman, Ashot Ghulyan; Artsakh State Minister, Arayik Harutyunyan; NA deputies; Artsakh Movement veterans and guests were present at the event.
- 16:50 Baku café explosion kills two
- 15:58 Unfazed by charges, Turkey’s lionhearted Armenian MP Garo Paylan runs for office again
- 15:12 Two dead in Everest climbing attempt
- 14:46 President Sarkissian, Speaker of Parliament of Cyprus meet in Yerevan
- 13:57 Ethnic Armenian incumbent MP Selina Dogan not running for parliament in upcoming Turkey election
- 12:35 Armenian wrestler wins European Championship
- 10:23 Military investigates shooting of 19-year-old Private
- 09:58 Nicolas Maduro re-elected President of Venezuela
- 09:46 Turkey's Erdogan seeks votes in Bosnia after ban on campaigning elsewhere
- 23:45 Community center opened in Talish
- 12:39 Around 100,000 people expected in Windsor
- 11:52 Artsakh State Minister participates in opening ceremony of Getavan’s community center
- 11:37 Putin seeks common cause with Merkel over Trump
- 11:06 New York Times refers to photo project about Christian and Islamized Armenians in Turkey
- 10:58 Authorities: 10 dead, 10 injured in Texas school shooting
- 10:52 Armenia FM: Karabakh is the most important
- 10:29 Armenian MP of Turkey: Judging me will not force me to abandon fight for justice for genocide
- 10:12 First Armenian-American international congress of dentists to be held in Stepanakert
- 09:59 More than 100 killed in Cuba plane crash
- 09:25 President of Artsakh receives Armenian defense minister
- 21:23 State of Rhode Island passed a resolution on 30th anniversary of Sumgait Pogroms
- 21:17 Artsakh President meets with Armenian Foreign Minister
- 17:37 Artsakh leader receives delegation of Commission Regulating Public Services of Armenia
- 16:41 Defense, foreign ministers visit Armenia’s border in Nakhijevan direction
- 16:18 Putin favors status quo with new government lineup
- 14:49 Sergei Skripal discharged from hospital
- 14:28 Moscow does not rule out Russian, Georgian leaders meeting
- 13:55 Artsakh President participates in presentation of Artsakh carpets
- 13:52 Washington wants to create global coalition against Iran
- 12:46 The Armenian ®Tag presented in local, Russian, and American markets
- 12:40 Artsakh State Minister suggests Robert Nazaryan perform investigations in the spheres of communication and telecommunication in Artsakh
- 11:01 PM Pashinyan’s pick for economic revival says will visit Armenia “at convenient time”
- 10:08 Gina Haspel becomes first woman director of CIA
- 09:28 Armenian defense minister introduces situation in Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact to Ambassador Kasprzyk
- 09:24 Martakert and Bourj Hammoud Declared Twin Towns
- 17:34 Investigation launched by Article 301 of Turkish Penal Code against Garo Paylan for using “Genocide” word
- 17:12 Defense minister Tonoyan holds meeting with CSTO Secretary General
- 16:54 Armenia's NSS chief attends CIS meeting in Moscow
- 16:40 European Parliament: No deal with Azerbaijan without respect of EU values
- 15:56 Doctors of “Arabkir” medical complex conduct free examinations in Stepanakert
- 15:47 Mher Ohanyan appointed head of Martuni region
- 15:29 Armenian FM receives CSTO Secretary General
- 15:07 PM Pashinyan comments on possible meeting with Serzh Sargsyan
- 14:42 All interests of Armenia taken into account in EEU-Iran agreement, says PM Pashinyan
- 14:06 American-Armenian Garnik Sargsyan to perform solo concert in Stepanakert
- 13:43 Speaker of Parliament of Armenia holds phone talk with Speaker of Russian Federation Council
- 13:17 Events dedicated to International Museum Day being planned in Artsakh
- 13:04 Israel hits Hamas targets in Gaza - IDF
- 12:04 MFA: Armenia is committed to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 10:39 EEU-Iran interim agreement to open new opportunities for Armenian producers, says Deputy PM Tigran Avinyan
- 10:14 U.N. has 'collapsed' in the face of Gaza violence, says Turkey's Erdogan
- 10:01 EAEU, Iran sign provisional free trade zone agreement
- 09:23 Saudi Arabia and the other members of the Gulf Cooperation Council have put ten Hezbollah leaders on the list of terrorists, reported the Saudi Press Agency.
- 09:23 Armenia's Foreign Ministry concerned over recent events in Gaza Strip
- 18:26 Artsakh President receives chief executive officer of "HALO Trust"
- 18:21 Foreign Minister of Artsakh receives Chief Executive Officer of HALO Trust
- 17:34 Israel freezes Turkish agricultural imports after ambassador’s expulsion
- 16:07 Armenian military CBRN specialists participate in Russia expert meetings
- 15:58 Stepanakert-Shushi ropeway, children’s amusement park in Shushi, Artsakh State Minister on new projects
- 15:40 Defense minister holds consultation over complaint of officers of military commissariats
- 05.16.2018 Stepanakert-Shushi ropeway, children’s amusement park in Shushi, Artsakh State Minister on new projects
- 05.17.2018 Mher Ohanyan appointed head of Martuni region
- 05.15.2018 Tickets of air festival to be held in Stepanakert airport being sold
- 05.17.2018 American-Armenian Garnik Sargsyan to perform solo concert in Stepanakert
- 05.18.2018 Artsakh State Minister suggests Robert Nazaryan perform investigations in the spheres of communication and telecommunication in Artsakh
- 05.17.2018 PM Pashinyan comments on possible meeting with Serzh Sargsyan
- 05.17.2018 Doctors of “Arabkir” medical complex conduct free examinations in Stepanakert
- 05.15.2018 Artsakh President receives head of General Staff of Armenia Armed forces
- 05.18.2018 Defense, foreign ministers visit Armenia’s border in Nakhijevan direction