Festive public rally dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement organized in Stepanakert (Photos)
On Tuesday in Stepanakert a festive public rally and march was organized dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement.
STEPANAKERT, FEBRUARY 13, ARTSAKHPRESS:As Artsakhpress correspondent reports, participants of the march walked along the capital’s central streets to the Stepanakert Revival Square holding posters and flags. A festive event dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement took place in the Revival Square.
Primate of the Artsakh Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church Archbishop Pargev Martirosyan delivered a blessing speech at the public rally.
During the event documentary films about the Karabakh Movement were shown.
Artsakh Republic President, Bako Sahakyan, delivered a speech at the public rally, saying that the year of 1988 was a turning point in the history of the Armenian nation.
‘’Three decades ago these days the entire Armenian nation joined forces, doubled their fist, alerting the whole world of their readiness to struggle for living free and secure in their Fatherland.
This nationwide outburst was a dare given to tyranny, persecutions, gross violations and abuses of human rights, all the scourges, which our people had undergone over the course of their centuries-old history. And the movement was wreathed with the restoration of the independent Armenian statehood.
In this struggle for survival, unfortunately, we have had irretrievable losses. The best sons and daughters of our people have sacrificed their lives for the sacred mission of defending the Motherland. They are not victims, they are martyred heroes who have become immortal and continue the sacred mission of being the Motherland defenders inspiring and obliging to devotedly serve the homeland, work for the glory of its development and strengthening.
During all these years we have always felt the special care of Mother Armenia towards Artsakh. Our achievements and accomplishments are impossible to imagine without the active and immediate participation of the Republic of Armenia.
Today we solve great and responsible tasks together. We are all resolute and will do our best to make the future day reliable, our homeland stronger and more prosperous.
The adversary must always know that the language of force is doomed to failure. Our people, our army and the whole Armenian people will give a worthy counterstroke to every encroachment that threatens our freedom and security,’’ the President said.
One of the leaders of Karabakh Movement Hamlet Grigoryan in his speech noted that the 30th anniversary of Karabakh Movement is an all-Armenian festival. “Let’s recall those who didn’t ignore the Armenian issue in the 20th century. It’s a fact that our republic is not recognized, but it’s also true that the legitimacy of our republic hasn’t been questioned at any international court to this day,’’ said Hamlet Grigoryan.
Recalling the public rally of 1988, Karabakh Movement activist and Artsakh hero Zhanna Galstyan said, “At that time we were oppressed. Today our powerful army defends us. Today we have gathered here not only to pay tribute to the leaders of Karabakh Movement but also to mark the beginning of a new stage, which is the development stage.’’
During the event representatives of political powers and famous cultural figures of Armenia, Russia, France, Great Britain, US and European Parliament delivered congratulatory messages on the 30th anniversary of Karabakh Movement via video.
Former Artsakh President Arkadi Ghukasyan; Artsakh National Assembly Chairman, Ashot Ghulyan; Artsakh State Minister, Arayik Harutyunyan; NA deputies; Artsakh Movement veterans and guests were present at the event.
- 17:54 Health care sphere always in spotlight of state: Artsakh President
- 17:02 Dollar “strengthens” somewhat in Armenia
- 16:30 OSCE conducts monitoring on Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 16:16 Turkey to develop unmanned tanks, Erdogan says
- 15:53 Artsakh army soldier killed by Azerbaijani shooting
- 15:42 Artsakh serviceman awarded posthumously
- 14:39 Armenia welcomes Lebanon’s position on NK conflict settlement
- 13:15 Armenia presidential residence hosts official welcoming ceremony for Lebanon president
- 13:06 France-Artsakh Friendship Circle Congratulates Artsakh on its Revival Day
- 13:01 Solar panels and batteries installed in a number of military positions
- 12:31 Record-breaking State Budget revenues in Artsakh in January: plan overfulfilled by 88.9%
- 12:13 2018 Aeroflot Open: Tigran Petrosyan claims second consecutive victory
- 11:32 Explosive device thrown at U.S. embassy building in Montenegro
- 11:31 Oil prices going down
- 11:13 President Sargsyan congratulates People’s Artist Artavazd Peleshyan on 80th birthday
- 10:56 At least 25 injured in Mexico ferry explosion
- 10:32 Trump’s solution for school shootings: Arm the teachers
- 10:04 Ivanka Trump to meet South Korea's Moon on Olympics trip
- 09:45 Tweetdeck will no longer allow automated mass retweeting
- 09:44 At least 44 die in Peru after bus plunges into ravine
- 17:46 EU and Armenia sign partnership priorities
- 17:18 Lars Adaktusson: Greater involvement is required in the forgotten conflict of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16:24 Artsakh President: Cooperation with American University of Armenia was on high level
- 16:08 Brass plates stolen from Matenadaran
- 15:35 Syria's Ghouta residents 'wait to die' as bombs fall
- 14:55 Syrian pro-government forces enter Afrin
- 13:04 President attends meeting of Artsakh Police Board
- 12:35 Artsakh wushu athletes win gold
- 12:20 France urges Karabakh parties to refrain from statements that could cause tension
- 11:22 Madagascar foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 11:09 Oil prices go down
- 10:58 Saratov Airlines to launch Volgograd-Yerevan flight
- 10:00 South Korea to announce joint military drill plan with U.S. before April
- 09:29 More bombs hit Syria's Ghouta, death toll highest since 2013
- 22:10 Festive concert dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement took place in Stepanakert
- 18:02 Official reception dedicated to Artsakh Revival Day held in Stepanakert
- 17:25 Dollar tumble not stopping in Armenia
- 16:58 Armenian military delegation departs for Moscow
- 15:55 Armenia MPs to visit US
- 15:16 G20 to take place in Osaka, Japan
- 14:18 Etchmiatsin assembly to discuss Armenian Patriarchate of Istanbul situation
- 13:29 Parliament to hold hearings on Sumgait Pogroms
- 13:17 President of Artsakh convened working consultation devoted to activity of "Base Metals'' company
- 12:57 Global oil prices manifest different dynamics
- 12:14 Artsakh Foreign Minister: Azerbaijan’s inconsistency a trick not to accept fulfillment of our people’s right to self-determination
- 11:31 Turkish court rules to return Sanasaryan Han building to Armenian Patriarchate
- 11:31 Armenia’s Aronian to participate in Grenke Chess Classic elite tournament
- 10:59 Armenia MFA: Absence of adequate reaction to Azerbaijan president’s statement has encouraged his defense minister
- 10:21 Lebanon army will confront any potential 'Israeli aggression': chief
- 10:08 Events dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement to be organized abroad: Artsakh FM
- 09:40 Artsakh President sends cogratulatory message on Artsakh Revival Day
- 16:46 ‘Arsenal FC is 32 years older than the state of Azerbaijan’ – Sharmazanov mocks recent Azeri rant on “historic lands”
- 16:29 One euro drops below AMD 600 in Armenia
- 16:08 Sixteen European Parliamentarians ask Federica Mogherini why EU officials do not visit Nagorno Karabakh
- 15:47 Artsakh MFA: There is a positive tendency toward international recognition of Artsakh
- 15:16 Armenia to participate in International Public Speaking Competition 2018
- 14:55 Expert highlights key points of President Sargsyan’s Munich speech on Armenian-Turkish relations
- 14:14 7 boxers to represent Armenia at Strandzha Cup
- 13:58 President of Lebanon to arrive in Armenia February 21
- 12:36 NATO accuses Russia in inciting new nuclear arms race
- 02.16.2018 Karabakh oldest woman is 110 years old
- 02.22.2018 Artsakh army soldier killed by Azerbaijani shooting
- 02.19.2018 President of Lebanon to arrive in Armenia February 21
- 02.16.2018 National Geographic posts photos of Artsakh on Instagram, doesn’t avoid using the term “republic”
- 02.16.2018 Major General Tigran Parvanyan appointed Armenian-Russian joint military unit commander
- 02.20.2018 Artsakh President sends cogratulatory message on Artsakh Revival Day
- 02.16.2018 Artsakh President partakes at reporting meeting of Artsakh Public Prosecutor's Office
- 02.20.2018 Festive concert dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement took place in Stepanakert
- 02.19.2018 Artsakh MFA: There is a positive tendency toward international recognition of Artsakh