All 11 on board presumed dead after Turkish plane crashes in Iran
All 11 people on board a private Turkish plane were presumed dead on Sunday after it crashed and burst into flames on an Iranian mountainside while en route from the United Arab Emirates to Istanbul, officials said.
STEPANAKERT, MARCH 12, ARTSAKHPRESS:The plane was owned by Turkey's Basaran Holding and carried eight passengers and three crew, an official for Turkey's transport ministry said.
Those on board included the daughter of the firm's owner, businessman Huseyin Basaran, and seven of her friends. She was due to be married next month, Turkish news agency DHA said.
They were returning from a hen party in Dubai, the Hurriyet newspaper said.
The head of the Turkish Red Crescent, Kerem Kinik, told Reuters that there was "no chance" of any survivors, given the aircraft was a jet and it was flying in snowy weather. But the aid agency was unable to officially confirm fatalities yet, he added.
He said the eight passengers included at least one member of Basaran's family and, in a Twitter posting, offered condolences.
Calls to Basaran Holding's office in Istanbul went unanswered.
Reza Jafarzadeh, spokesman for Iran's Civil Aviation Organization, told state television the jet had crashed in the near the southwestern city of Shahr-e Kord.
An Iranian emergency services spokesman was quoted by ISNA news agency as saying the wreckage was burning and was clearly visible.
Emergency crews were attempting to reach the crash site but the terrain was mountainous, making their approach difficult, he said.
- 17:54 Shooting reported at Great Mills High School in Maryland, USA
- 16:39 “Russian Speech Days” project launched in Artsakh (Photos)
- 16:11 Armenia-Italy trade turnover increases by 25%: PM holds meeting with Italian Ambassador
- 15:46 Escalations on Artsakh frontline not absolutely ruled out – Armenian analyst
- 14:58 Yerevan-Tver bus crash victim identified
- 14:15 Three people injured in Armenian bus crash in Russia are in serious condition
- 12:57 Armenia passenger van involved in major crash in Russia, there are dead and injured
- 12:48 Charity fundraising dinner entitled “Karvachar: Let’s rebuild Artsakh together” takes place in Glendale
- 12:44 Francophonie Parliamentary Assembly session kicks off in Armenia
- 12:06 UN member states celebrate March 20 as International Day of Happiness
- 11:04 Armenia soldier wounded in Tavush Province
- 10:50 Armenia’s defense ministry releases Armed Forces development 7-year program
- 10:16 US, Saudi Arabia to discuss how to make Russia “pay for Syria”
- 09:36 Candidates Tournament: Aronian, Mamedyarov to clash in round 9
- 23:51 Azeri recon UAV downed after violating Artsakh airspace
- 19:22 Artsakh State Minister, NSW premier participate in the event of Armenian Missionary Association
- 17:40 Dollar continues to decline in Armenia
- 17:13 Artsakh President congratulates Vladimir Putin on victory in Russian presidential election
- 16:49 Absence of international community’s counter response inspires Azerbaijan’s Aliyev – Armenian MFA
- 16:03 Tropical storm Eliakim kills 17 in Madagascar
- 15:26 Poland to ratify CEPA with accelerated procedure after it is ratified by Armenia
- 15:12 Job fair to be organized in Stepanakert
- 14:34 Mkhitaryan donates his car of the best athlete to Rehabilitation Center for wounded and disabled soldiers
- 14:15 Armenia President-elect expected to take oath of office at Yerevan sports, concert complex
- 12:24 Turkish-led forces oust Kurdish fighters from heart of Afrin
- 11:42 Brussels Airlines re-launches regular flights to Yerevan
- 10:53 Minsk to host 2018 Junior Eurovision Song Contest on November 25
- 10:12 12 Armenian candidates participate in Netherlands local elections
- 09:56 President Sargsyan congratulates Vladimir Putin on victory in Russian presidential election
- 09:53 Artsakh President visits St. Mary and Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Churches in Washington
- 09:48 Australian wildfires destroy homes, hundreds of people flee
- 09:39 Putin wins Russian presidential election
- 09:35 Armenian community of America and our American friends are actively involved in international recognition of Artsakh — Artsakh President
- 12:57 11 civilians killed, dozens injured in Turkish air strikes on Afrin’s hospital
- 12:53 Russia summons British ambassador as it readies to expel diplomats
- 12:43 US' Trump, South Korea president vow to keep pressure on North Korea
- 12:20 Two ethnic Armenians gunned down in LA shooting
- 11:25 Lavrov: US intends to devalue Russia’s strategic nuclear capability
- 10:48 Artsakh delegation takes part in international tourism exhibition MITT
- 10:24 Russian nationals will not be able to cast votes at March 18 presidential polls in Ukraine
- 09:40 Artsakh President praises AAA's role in supporting Artsakh
- 09:38 Artsakh's Bako Sahakyan meets with members of Supreme Council of Ramkavar Azatakan Party
- 09:26 China's parliament re-elects Xi Jinping as president
- 09:10 World Chess Candidates Tournament 2018: Aronian defeated by So in round 6
- 18:19 Opening ceremony of memorial to missing persons takes place in Martakert
- 17:55 Arsenal to lock horns with CSKA Moscow
- 17:08 Dollar falling in Armenia
- 16:25 European Parliament passes resolution demanding Turkey withdraws troops from Syria
- 15:54 6 dead in Miami pedestrian bridge collapse
- 15:15 Princess of Thailand visits Matenadaran
- 14:54 Yerevan-Saratov flight makes emergency landing in Moscow due to fog
- 12:55 Artsakh State Minister's working visits kick off in Australia
- 12:20 For centuries Armenian people constituted unique part of Middle East mosaic, says FM Nalbandian
- 11:35 Lars highway open for traffic
- 10:42 Karabakh army soldier dies in car accident during training
- 10:12 Artsakh President visits Center for National Interest in Washington
- 10:09 Involvement of American Armenian community in the life of Artsakh was very much palpable —Artsakh President
- 10:03 Development projects of IT sphere to be given new impetus in Artsakh
- 10:00 Erdogan, Merkel discuss counter-terrorism over phone
- 09:42 U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes in Iraq With Seven Aboard
- 03.15.2018 Portrait made by Artsakh girl approved by world-renowned Stephen Hawking
- 03.16.2018 Karabakh army soldier dies in car accident during training
- 03.19.2018 Azeri recon UAV downed after violating Artsakh airspace
- 03.15.2018 Artsakh President: Cementing and deepening ties with US have always been and will remain among the fundamental directions of our foreign policy
- 03.14.2018 Teacher retraining courses to be organized in Artsakh
- 03.15.2018 President Sahakyan met with representatives of ANCA
- 03.15.2018 Young Armenian scientist aims sky-high with revolutionary breakthrough invention in nanotechnology
- 03.15.2018 ‘Days of Artsakh in France’ Underway in Decines-Charpieu City
- 03.15.2018 Monitoring conducted on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact, Azerbaijani side doesn't lead OSCE mission to its front-line positions