Lebanon PM Hariri stresses active investment exchanges with Armenia
Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri honored Armenian counterpart Karen Karapetyan’s visit with an official dinner in the evening of March 12 in Beirut.
STEPANAKERT, MARCH 12, ARTSAKHPRESS-ARMENPRESS:Armenia’s PM Karen Karapetyan delivered remarks, saying:
“Dear Mr. Prime Minister,
Ladies and gentlemen,
I would like to once again thank Mr. Hariri for the invitation to visit Lebanon and the warm reception.
We all know that the Armenian-Lebanese relations and ties have always been unique, which is due to the historical friendly relations between our peoples. Certainly the Lebanese-Armenian community has key and appreciable role here with its peaceful and creative conduct.
The experience of the past years only reaffirms that the Armenian-Lebanese partnership is harmonious in both bilateral and international arenas. We are only left with ensuring the continuation of joint efforts for the further deepening of this, and the protection of our mutual interests.
We currently need to develop and strengthen the economic component of our bilateral relations even more.
I am hopeful that the issues which we’ve discussed these days and the agreements which we’ve reached will be realized soon and will convey new momentum and quality to the deepening of the multifaceted partnership of the Armenian and Lebanese peoples.
Following the tragic and unfortunate events unfolding in the region and directly next to Lebanon in the recent years, I would like to emphasize Armenia’s readiness to support its friend Lebanon and to express hope that the people of Lebanon, who bear wisdom of centuries and patriotic values, will withstand all challenges with honor and inherent unity, will maintain the balanced stance of the country and normal development course.
Dear Mr. Prime Minister,
I wish you good health and all the best, and I wish peace, stability and further economic prosperity to the people of Lebanon.
Long live Lebanon and long live the Armenian-Lebanese friendship.
Lebanon’s PM Saad Hariri said in his remarks:
“Dear Mr. Prime Minister,
We host our respected guest, Prime Minister of Armenia Karen Karapetyan and his delegation, with great honor this evening.
First of all, I congratulate the election of the 4th President of Armenia in the beginning of this month.
Last year we marked the 25th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between independent Armenia and Lebanon, but the cultural and historic ties between the two countries have a history of more than 2000 years, from the days of Tigranes the Great.
Currently Lebanon and Armenia have successful relations in various fields, especially in business. Academic exchange between universities also exists, and bilateral active partnership in cultural, arts and tourism areas is also carried out.
The Lebanese-Armenian [community] plays a great role in the development of these relations, especially taking into account that they are considered active actors in both the Lebanese national life, business, industry, cultural , educational and arts sectors.
Exchange of investments between the countries in also in an active phase, the latest results of which is the involvement of two Lebanese banks in Armenia’s financial system.
Mr. Prime Minister and friends,
The development of relations between the two countries was under the attention of martyred Prime Minister Rafic Hariri, and he became the first Lebanese high-level official to visit Armenia three times since 1997. I hope to continue his mission by always having the interests and friendly relations of the two peoples in mind.
Thank you and once again I welcome your visit to the Lebanese Government.
Long live the friendly relations of Lebanon and Armenia, long live Armenia and Lebanon.”
- 11:54 Mkhitaryan receives Armenia’s Best Player of the Year award
- 11:06 Germany deports 50 Georgian nationals
- 10:50 Belarus leader Alexander Lukashenko to arrive in Georgia on official visit
- 10:24 Peruvian President Kuczynski resigns amid corruption scandal
- 09:41 Artsakh President partakes at opening ceremony of Independence Monument in Antelias
- 09:19 Levon Aronian to clash with ex-world champ Kramnik in 10th round of Candidates Tournament
- 08:44 Two Argentine universities suspend denialist conferences organized by Ankara university
- 19:37 Armenian Bar Association legal interns to volunteer with Artsakh Human Rights Ombudsman in Stepanakert
- 18:29 In Beirut Artsakh President met with leading staff of AGBU Lebanon local body
- 18:09 Artsakh President meets with representatives of Armenian Revolutionary Federation in Beirut
- 17:55 Artsakh Minister of State meets with senators in Australian Senate
- 16:35 New residential building to be put into operation in Michnavan, Kashatagh
- 16:05 National Defense Research University launches review of Armenia’s National Security Strategy
- 15:19 Works on erecting statue of Gregory of Narek completed in Vatican: Ambassador Minasyan releases details
- 14:57 Israel admits bombing suspected Syrian nuclear reactor in 2007, warns Iran
- 14:33 President Sargsyan congratulates Iran’s Rouhani on Nowruz
- 12:58 World Poetry Day marked in Stepanakert
- 12:55 Azeri regime-owned bank executive arrested in US, faces 125 years sentence
- 12:16 In Antelias Artsakh President partkates at ceremony dedicted to 100th anniversary of Armenia's independence
- 10:57 Artsakh’s President meets Catholicos Aram I of Great House of Cilicia in Lebanon
- 10:24 93-year-old Charles Aznavour to perform live in Japan
- 09:26 Trump not ruling out meeting with Putin 'in the not too distant future'
- 09:23 Delagation headed by Artsakh President arrived in Lebanon
- 19:11 Screening of a Film Dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the Karabakh Movement Held in Brussels
- 18:48 Artsakh State Minister visits number of enterprises in Australia
- 17:54 Shooting reported at Great Mills High School in Maryland, USA
- 16:39 “Russian Speech Days” project launched in Artsakh (Photos)
- 16:11 Armenia-Italy trade turnover increases by 25%: PM holds meeting with Italian Ambassador
- 15:46 Escalations on Artsakh frontline not absolutely ruled out – Armenian analyst
- 14:58 Yerevan-Tver bus crash victim identified
- 14:15 Three people injured in Armenian bus crash in Russia are in serious condition
- 12:57 Armenia passenger van involved in major crash in Russia, there are dead and injured
- 12:48 Charity fundraising dinner entitled “Karvachar: Let’s rebuild Artsakh together” takes place in Glendale
- 12:44 Francophonie Parliamentary Assembly session kicks off in Armenia
- 12:06 UN member states celebrate March 20 as International Day of Happiness
- 11:04 Armenia soldier wounded in Tavush Province
- 10:50 Armenia’s defense ministry releases Armed Forces development 7-year program
- 10:16 US, Saudi Arabia to discuss how to make Russia “pay for Syria”
- 09:36 Candidates Tournament: Aronian, Mamedyarov to clash in round 9
- 23:51 Azeri recon UAV downed after violating Artsakh airspace
- 19:22 Artsakh State Minister, NSW premier participate in the event of Armenian Missionary Association
- 17:40 Dollar continues to decline in Armenia
- 17:13 Artsakh President congratulates Vladimir Putin on victory in Russian presidential election
- 16:49 Absence of international community’s counter response inspires Azerbaijan’s Aliyev – Armenian MFA
- 16:03 Tropical storm Eliakim kills 17 in Madagascar
- 15:26 Poland to ratify CEPA with accelerated procedure after it is ratified by Armenia
- 15:12 Job fair to be organized in Stepanakert
- 14:34 Mkhitaryan donates his car of the best athlete to Rehabilitation Center for wounded and disabled soldiers
- 14:15 Armenia President-elect expected to take oath of office at Yerevan sports, concert complex
- 12:24 Turkish-led forces oust Kurdish fighters from heart of Afrin
- 11:42 Brussels Airlines re-launches regular flights to Yerevan
- 10:53 Minsk to host 2018 Junior Eurovision Song Contest on November 25
- 10:12 12 Armenian candidates participate in Netherlands local elections
- 09:56 President Sargsyan congratulates Vladimir Putin on victory in Russian presidential election
- 09:53 Artsakh President visits St. Mary and Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Churches in Washington
- 09:48 Australian wildfires destroy homes, hundreds of people flee
- 09:39 Putin wins Russian presidential election
- 09:35 Armenian community of America and our American friends are actively involved in international recognition of Artsakh — Artsakh President
- 12:57 11 civilians killed, dozens injured in Turkish air strikes on Afrin’s hospital
- 12:53 Russia summons British ambassador as it readies to expel diplomats
- 03.19.2018 Azeri recon UAV downed after violating Artsakh airspace
- 03.16.2018 Karabakh army soldier dies in car accident during training
- 03.15.2018 ‘Days of Artsakh in France’ Underway in Decines-Charpieu City
- 03.15.2018 Young Armenian scientist aims sky-high with revolutionary breakthrough invention in nanotechnology
- 03.15.2018 Monitoring conducted on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact, Azerbaijani side doesn't lead OSCE mission to its front-line positions
- 03.16.2018 Yerevan-Saratov flight makes emergency landing in Moscow due to fog
- 03.16.2018 Involvement of American Armenian community in the life of Artsakh was very much palpable —Artsakh President
- 03.16.2018 Princess of Thailand visits Matenadaran
- 03.17.2018 Artsakh delegation takes part in international tourism exhibition MITT