Philosophy Professor of New York Manhattanville college gave lecture at the Artsakh State University
On March 13, Philosophy Professor of New York Manhattanville college and the Dean of the Philosophy Faculty Siobhan Nash-Marshall, Faculty student Abby Parentaun and the Los Angeles attorney Rita Mahdessian visited the Artsakh State University.
STEPANAKERT, MARCH 13, ARTSAKHPRESS: As “ Artsakhpress” reports, the rector of Artsakh State University Manush Minasyan in her opening speech welcomed the participants and stressed the importance of such meetings.
Siobhan Nash-Marshall delivered a lecture on the Armenian Genocide for students and lecturers.
"I think the 1915 genocide is not over, because Turkey still denies the genocide committed against the Armenians. Today, the existence of Armenians is a threat to Turkey.
In 1915, 80% of the Ottoman economy was in the hands of the Christianity, and in 1918 the majority has been concentrated in the hands of the Turks. In 1930 for losing the Armenian track the Turks changed the geographical names, "said Siobhan Nash-Marshall and stressed that every year on April 24 on the Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day she organizes events with students.
Manhattanville college student Abby Parentaun will be in Artsakh for three months. Here she will hold English classes.
"I am happy and proud for being in Artsakh. Artsakh mountains inspire me by a kind of peace. I have never experienced anything like this in my life, "said Abby.
After the lecture, the guests answered the questions of the attendees.
- 14:30 Hostages held at Dutch radio station
- 13:49 US State Department publishes 2016 report on religious freedom in Armenia
- 13:35 Armenia and Artsakh PMs got familiarized with construction works in Talish (Video)
- 10:27 Global oil prices are up
- 09:43 Aleppo gradually recovers, schools are preparing for new academic year
- 09:31 Karabakh young soldiers are heroes of Italian photographer's project (PHOTOS)
- 18:01 Trump says North Korean leader made “wise” decision
- 16:40 Dollar drops slightly in Armenia
- 15:09 Armenian becomes one of main teaching languages at LA elementary school
- 14:50 EU: Special representative for South Caucasus leaves position in view of new responsibilities
- 13:34 Macron tells Erdogan of 'concern' over French journalist detained in Turkey
- 12:03 Hoagland: Minsk Group co-chairs encourage Armenia and Azerbaijan presidents to meet
- 11:34 Arayik Haroutyunyan welcomes Karen Karapetyan who is on vacation
- 11:14 Global oil prices are up
- 09:44 Turkish activist admits that recognition of Armenian Genocide by Texas was a major blow for them
- 09:18 Earthquake registered in Armenia
- 16:56 UN: Nearly 50,000 stranded at Jordan-Syria border
- 16:50 Trump and Shinzo Abe talk on phone to discuss North Korea
- 15:44 UN to allocate $ 5.9 million to drought-affected people in North Korea
- 13:58 Armenia soldier found hanged in Shirak Province
- 12:26 Ashot Ghulyan received Belgium Catholic Church delegation
- 11:37 Rouhani warns Iran can quit nuclear deal if US imposes new sanctions
- 11:25 Floods kill more than 100 people in North India
- 10:41 Global oil prices are up
- 10:06 Gladys Berejiklian: I hope to visit Armenia next year as Premier of New South Wales
- 09:36 Quake hits Armenia
- 17:50 Trump announces about his return to Washington
- 16:34 Dried fruits produced in Martakert will be exported to Russia
- 15:56 Defense Army serviceman Arman Movsisyan posthumously awarded with the "For Service in Battle" medal
- 15:48 Artsakh Defense Army soldier killed by Azerbaijani shooting
- 15:11 Hotel complex been opened in Mataghis
- 12:43 Lawyer: Situation over Lapshin's extradition to Israel will be decided in next 7-10 days
- 12:14 Baku asks Israeli company to test drone on Armenian positions
- 12:08 Global oil prices falling
- 11:53 Armenian PM, Kazakh counterpart discuss bilateral economic cooperation
- 11:11 Garo Paylan visits Armenian cemetery of Turkey’s Van
- 10:49 17 killed in Burkina Faso restaurant attack
- 10:08 Armenian PM holds private meeting with his Belarusian counterpart
- 09:19 Eurasian Intergovernmental Council’s session kicks off in Astana, Kazakhstan
- 11:20 Trump to North Korea: I hope that they are going to fully understand the gravity of what I said
- 16:17 Iran floods kill 2 people
- 16:11 The Number of Migrants Arriving in Spain Triples
- 16:09 The US and South Korea to Hold Military Exercises
- 15:44 Armenia PM to visit Kazakhstan
- 13:58 International recognition of Artsakh Republic is just matter of time – Vice-Speaker Sharmazanov
- 11:38 Australian-Armenian vascular surgeon perform free operations in Stepanakert
- 10:20 Trump thanks Putin for cutting US diplomats
- 09:51 Washington to demand from Russia to shut one its consulates in US?
- 17:31 Death toll in China earthquake increases
- 15:25 Artsakh’s Parliament Speaker, Baroness Caroline Cox discuss cooperation prospects
- 13:14 Armenia official: Azerbaijan hopes to resolve Karabakh conflict by force
- 11:32 School and Preschool Buildings will be constructed in Mataghis, Artsakh Republic
- 10:47 The Head of the Pentagon Has Threatened the DPRK with the Death of the People
- 18:07 Dollar drops in Armenia
- 17:09 Armenia MOD: Wounded soldier is in satisfactory condition
- 16:29 Iran's President Rouhani presents cabinet to Parliament for vote of confidence
- 14:43 OSCE conducted planned monitoring in direction of Askeran region
- 13:43 Nalbandian: There is nothing specific yet on possible meeting between Armenia and Azerbaijan presidents
- 12:41 Armenia competes in Tank Biathlon second semifinal
- 12:24 Powerful earthquake kills at least 13 in China, 175 injured
- 08.14.2017 Artsakh Defense Army soldier killed by Azerbaijani shooting
- 08.11.2017 Australian-Armenian vascular surgeon perform free operations in Stepanakert
- 08.11.2017 Trump thanks Putin for cutting US diplomats
- 08.11.2017 Armenia PM to visit Kazakhstan
- 08.11.2017 Iran floods kill 2 people
- 08.11.2017 Washington to demand from Russia to shut one its consulates in US?
- 08.14.2017 Hotel complex been opened in Mataghis
- 08.14.2017 Garo Paylan visits Armenian cemetery of Turkey’s Van
- 08.14.2017 Baku asks Israeli company to test drone on Armenian positions