Shushi’s Daniel Ghazaryan Specialized Secondary Music School is 20 years old (photos)
On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Shushi’s Daniel Ghazaryan Specialized Music School, the pupils of the school have organized a concert at the Stepanakert Culture and Youth Palace.
STEPANAKERT, MAY 15, ARTSAKHPRESS:Trumpeters, violinists, the Chamber Ensemble, a brass band and the Ensemble of Folk Instruments performed during the concert. Patriotic songs were also performed.
Director of Shushi’s Daniel Ghazaryan Specialized Secondary Music School, Gohar Mkrtchyan, said that in 1992, after the liberation of Shushi, American Armenian singer and painter Karen Gharibyan arrived in Artsakh and saw the destruction in Shushi. He then decided to open a specialized music school for the children of Shushi. He returned to America and told his acquaintances and relatives about his idea. Later, together with a few supporters they founded a charitable partnership. They started fundraising and soon founded the school.
In the director’s words, it was difficult to begin repairs to the school.
“In 1997 the school opened its doors to 30 students. The number of students is now over 200. Along with an increase in attendance, the number of repaired classrooms has also increased. Apart from classrooms, the school has also opened two halls, computer classrooms, a gym and a sport complex. Every pupil of the school is provided with a musical instrument, free of charge, school supplies, as well as provided with meals twice a day,” Gohar Mkrtchyan said.
Our interlocutor added that the school now has a piano, violin, violoncello, pipe, clarinet, reed pipe and trumpet branch.
She said that during these 20 years the students of the school have placed in music competition-festivals.
''Along with the support of sponsors and the Artsakh government, the school's director general, Karen Gharibyan, supplements the budget of the school by organizing his own concerts and painting exhibitions,'' Gohar Mkrtchyan said.
During the concert, Artsakh Minister of Culture, Youth Affairs and Tourism, Sergey Shahverdyan, thanked the directorship of the school and pupils for presenting and spreading the nation's culture.
According to the decree of the Artsakh President, Bako Sahakyan, Karen Gharibyan was awarded the honorary title of Honored Art Worker of the Artsakh Republic.
The director general of the school gave his thanks for the award, and added that he has a desire to create a symphony orchestra and an opera theater.
Pargev Archbishop Martirosyan; Vice Speaker of the Artsakh National Assembly, Vahram Balayan; and Artsakh Foreign Minister, Masis Mayilyan; guests from abroad; and others were present at the event.
- 12:15 Armenian president to leave for Georgia
- 12:10 Artsakh President partook at meeting of "Hayastan" All-Armenian Fund's Board of Trustees in Yerevan
- 11:10 15 injured after IED explodes in Canada restaurant
- 09:51 North Korea says still open to talks after Trump-Kim summit canceled
- 09:23 Putin says failure to save Iran deal would have lamentable consequences
- 17:33 Armenia's Sarkissian comments on possible snap elections, his relations with PM Pashinyan, reporters
- 16:28 Dollar, euro gain value in Armenia
- 15:55 Artsakh has right to independence as much as Slovakia, Armenia and Azerbaijan – Vice Speaker Sharmazanov
- 14:59 Sharmazanov to deliver remarks at “Parliamentarians against Genocide” exhibition in Bratislava
- 14:45 Group of Los Angeles high school students brought its yearly financial support to Artsakh
- 14:31 Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was shot down by Russian forces, investigators confirm
- 13:44 Karabakh Telecom to invest 10 million euros to improve quality of the Internet in Artsakh, Odabashyan said (video)
- 13:26 Lithuanian Parliament ratifies Armenia-EU Agreement
- 12:55 Defense minister attended CSTO Ministerial Council in Astana
- 12:39 Armenian buses not allowed to enter Russia’s territory in Lars border checkpoint
- 11:57 Ukrainian, Turkish Presidents discuss free trade agreement over phone
- 11:28 Movses Hakobyan to be relieved from position of Chief of General Staff of Armenian Armed Forces
- 11:22 Two die, 18 injured in train accident in Italy
- 11:20 Syrian state media says U.S. struck army base, U.S. denies
- 11:16 At least four killed, 15 wounded in Baghdad bomb blast
- 10:52 Iran lists demands to European powers for keeping nuclear deal
- 10:18 American-Armenian family donated bicycles to children of 28 families
- 09:51 Trump: Fate of Korea summit will be known next week
- 09:21 Israeli parliament to discuss Armenian Genocide recognition resolution on May 30
- 18:09 Artsakh President receives delegation of USA Armenian Bar Association
- 17:13 Ensuring peaceful negotiated process of NK conflict is key principle for Armenian side - foreign minister
- 17:09 Unai Emery named new Arsenal manager
- 17:04 Armenia’s historical maps go on display at Estonia’s Tartu University
- 16:55 New Armenia PM: IT sector development is priority for government
- 16:07 President of Artsakh convenes working consultation
- 15:20 Russia to continue its active role in Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement – foreign ministry spokeswoman
- 15:11 Armenian, Russian FMs hold phone conversation
- 12:23 ARTSAKHPRESS news demanded not only in Artsakh and Armenia, but all over the world: ARMENPRESS congratulates news agency on 4th anniversary
- 11:17 MEPs frustrated over Mark Zuckerberg’s testimony in European Parliament
- 10:55 Armenia MOD: Soldier found dead at combat position
- 10:35 50 new detached houses being built in Artsakh village
- 10:21 Israel says hit Hamas targets in northern Gaza
- 10:04 ArtsakhPress news agency turns four years old
- 09:26 Venezuelan president expels top US diplomat
- 16:46 Australian City of Ryde adopted Resolution in support for the Independence of the Republic of Artsakh
- 13:05 Armenia remains advocate of exclusively peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict – MFA spokesman
- 12:27 French FM to visit Armenia
- 12:07 Vahagn Melikyan appointed secretary general of ministry of foreign affairs
- 11:40 Russia shoots down 'unidentified drone' near air base in Syria
- 11:09 ‘Proud to be nominated from Diyarbakir’ – Paylan on Turkey elections
- 11:08 'World no longer accepts US deciding for them', Iran's Rouhani says
- 10:44 Georgian PM, US Assistant Secretary of State discuss bilateral relations
- 10:26 Man arrested for breaking into Armenian church in US
- 10:21 Oil Prices Up
- 10:03 U.S. toughens stance on Iran, lists sweeping demands
- 09:54 Pro-Erdogan lawmaker Markar Esayan runs for parliament again in Turkey upcoming election
- 09:19 ‘No alternative’ to Iran deal, EU’s Mogherini tells US
- 18:35 Events within frameworks of ‘Days of Artsakh in France’ Festival started in Compiègne
- 16:50 Baku café explosion kills two
- 16:35 All joint projects with Artsakh to continue says new Armenian Minister of Culture
- 15:58 Unfazed by charges, Turkey’s lionhearted Armenian MP Garo Paylan runs for office again
- 15:34 Large amount of money directed to Artsakh general education sphere
- 15:29 What will be the aim of this year’s fundraising? Exclusive interview with Ara Vardanyan
- 15:12 Two dead in Everest climbing attempt
- 14:46 President Sarkissian, Speaker of Parliament of Cyprus meet in Yerevan
- 05.21.2018 What will be the aim of this year’s fundraising? Exclusive interview with Ara Vardanyan
- 05.18.2018 Defense, foreign ministers visit Armenia’s border in Nakhijevan direction
- 05.24.2018 Movses Hakobyan to be relieved from position of Chief of General Staff of Armenian Armed Forces
- 05.18.2018 Artsakh President participates in presentation of Artsakh carpets
- 05.18.2018 Artsakh President meets with Armenian Foreign Minister
- 05.19.2018 President of Artsakh receives Armenian defense minister
- 05.19.2018 Artsakh State Minister participates in opening ceremony of Getavan’s community center
- 05.18.2018 State of Rhode Island passed a resolution on 30th anniversary of Sumgait Pogroms
- 05.20.2018 Community center opened in Talish