Armenia, China MODs sign 2017 cooperation program
A Chinese army delegation led by Rear Admiral Guan Youfei, Director of the International Military Cooperation Office of the Central Military Commission of China, was in Armenia from Tuesday to Friday, on a working visit.
STEPANAKERT, APRIL 14, ARTSAKHPRESS: The delegation had meetings with Lt. General Movses Hakobyan, Chief of the General Staff of Armenia’s Armed Forces, Davit Pakhchanyan, deputy defense minister and chairman of the state committee of military-industry and Levon Ayvazyan, head of the defense policy department of the defense ministry.
The meetings focused on the current process and development prospects of the Armenian-Chinese defense cooperation, international and regional security issues and other issues of bilateral interest.
Agreements were reached on enhancing cooperation in the defense sector and realizing several mutually beneficial projects.
At the end of the visit, defense minister of Armenia Vigen Sargsyan held a meeting with the Chinese delegation, accompanied by Ambassador of China to Armenia H.E. Tian Erlong.
The results of the talks and the agreements were discussed and summarized at the meeting.
The Armenian defense minister highly praised the high level political relations between the two countries and stressed the necessity of enhancing partnership and involving new sectors.
Subsequently, head of the Armenian MOD Department of Defense Policy, Levon Ayvazyan, and Rear Admiral Guan signed the 2017 cooperation program between the defense ministries of Armenia and China.
- 12:31 Working day of April 30 to be moved to May 5 in Artsakh
- 12:17 Austria says will bar Turkish politicians from campaigning on its soil
- 12:04 Russia says Trump invited Putin to U.S. during phone call
- 12:02 Man linked to 9/11 attacks on U.S. captured in Syria: Pentagon
- 11:51 Russian Foreign Ministry evacuated over bomb threat
- 11:29 Nearly 40 people slightly injured in Austrian train accident
- 10:53 Azerbaijani leadership with morbid obsession ignores or distorts everything - deputy foreign minister
- 10:34 EU granted 500,000 people asylum protection in 2017
- 10:13 Syria’s Assad returns Legion d'honneur 2001 award to France
- 10:10 Catholicos Aram I of Great House of Cilicia arrives in Armenia
- 09:42 US concerned over Turkey’s ability to hold snap elections during state of emergency
- 09:33 There is no desire to use measures of compulsion, but permissiveness cannot prevail in the country – Serzh Sargsyan speaks about Yerevan rallies
- 09:11 Azerbaijan should get rid of false illusions for settling NK conflict – PM Serzh Sargsyan
- 18:15 Number of tourists visiting Artsakh’s Vank village increases, head of the community (photos)
- 17:44 South Korea's Moon says North seeking 'complete denuclearization'
- 16:59 Finance, territorial administration, economy ministers re-appointed by President
- 16:45 Dollar drop not stopping in Armenia
- 16:30 Economic conference to be held in Stepanakert, foreign businessmen will participate
- 15:29 Special attention is paid to solving social problems of servicemen, President of Artsakh
- 14:58 Artsakh Defense Army replenished with new equipment, Artsakh President
- 14:51 Hovhannes Nikoghosyan appointed spokesperson of Prime Minister
- 14:50 Mkhitaryan back on track after injury-related hiatus
- 14:01 PM Medvedev highlights Serzh Sargsyan’s personal contribution to development of Armenian- Russian allied relations
- 13:07 Kyrgyz president dismisses republic’s cabinet
- 12:44 Kyrgyzstan’s parliament votes no-confident to republic’s cabinet
- 11:50 EU on Yerevan protests: All parties involved should show restraint and responsibility
- 11:48 5.9 magnitude earthquake hits southern Iran
- 11:47 Latvian parliament ratifies EU-Armenia agreement
- 11:42 Armenia president signs EU-Armenia agreement
- 11:27 Turkey extends ongoing state of emergency for 7th consecutive time
- 10:54 Hundreds flee homes as 4.4 magnitude quake strikes Indonesia
- 10:31 Nobel Prize winning play to be staged in Shushi, Artsakh
- 09:42 Saudi cinema launch ends decades-old ban, public screenings start Friday
- 09:35 Turkey to dismiss 3,000 people in military
- 09:20 Glendale City Council approves Armenian American Museum
- 18:31 Doctors from Yerevan to conduct free examinations in Stepanakert maternity hospital
- 17:56 Britain admits OPCW did not confirm ‘essential evidence’ on origin of Skripal poison
- 17:43 President Sarkissian signs decree on appointing Karen Karapetyan First Deputy Prime Minister
- 17:29 Armenia’s Hrant Melkumyan among leaders of Bangkok Chess Club Open
- 17:09 Turkey's Erdogan declares early elections on June 24
- 17:08 Armenian national security neutralizes bank account scamming syndicate
- 16:49 Artsakh denies opening gunfire, wounding Azerbaijani villager
- 16:11 Artsakh army soldier Ruslan Manukyan posthumously awarded with "For Service in Battle" medal
- 15:56 Brazil can be a big market for Armenian mineral waters, food products and alcoholic drinks
- 15:55 “Yerevan, you are wonderful” – Alexander Lapshin arrives in Armenia for 1st time after highly publicized Baku jailing
- 15:26 British regulator opens seven investigations into Russia's RT news channel
- 14:33 Peskov: Kremlin monitoring developments in Armenia
- 14:29 Media watchdog warns Facebook may face block in Russia unless databases are localized
- 13:33 Investigation launched into death of Artsakh soldier
- 13:09 Iran says will make or buy any weapons it needs, lambasts 'invading powers'
- 12:46 Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan border passes in accordance with the agreed schedule
- 12:45 Weapons are smuggled through Slovakia to Azerbaijan, Czech reporters reveal
- 12:43 Dutch State Secretary to attend Armenian Genocide commemoration in Yerevan
- 12:40 Ilham Aliyev’s inauguration to 4th term in office underway in Azerbaijani parliament
- 12:21 Iran's Rouhani, Turkey's Erdogan discuss Syria on phone
- 11:37 Iran says its military power no threat to neighbours
- 11:32 US State Department reacts to Armenia demonstrations, hails police conduct
- 11:28 Demonstrators reach PM residence in Yerevan
- 10:55 Monuments in Artsakh date back to Stone Age and Late Middle Ages, historian
- 10:20 Trump urges Turkey to release American pastor charged for participating in 2016 military coup attempt
- 04.16.2018 Soldier dies in one of military units of Artsakh’s Defense Army
- 04.18.2018 Armenian national security neutralizes bank account scamming syndicate
- 04.14.2018 Management of “Pedigree station” CJSC handed over to Shushi Technological University
- 04.13.2018 New details on Tavush landmine explosion as military launches probe
- 04.19.2018 Artsakh Defense Army replenished with new equipment, Artsakh President
- 04.17.2018 Armenian lawmakers elect Serzh Sargsyan as Prime Minister in historic vote
- 04.13.2018 Artsakh NA President receives participants of Students Forum dedicated to 30th anniversary of Artsakh Movement
- 04.18.2018 Artsakh soldier killed in landmine explosion
- 04.18.2018 “Yerevan, you are wonderful” – Alexander Lapshin arrives in Armenia for 1st time after highly publicized Baku jailing