Concert of the Armenian State Chamber Choir was held in Stepanakert, Artsakh
At the initiative of the ministries of Culture and Youth Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh and Armenia, the concert of the Armenian State Chamber Choir was held in Stepanakert’s Musical College after Sayat Nova.
STEPANAKERT, JUNE 7 , ARTSAKHPRESS: During the concert they played the works of Komitas, Sayat Nova, as well as arrangements of Armenian folk songs.
As the director of the Armenian State Chamber Choir Armen Arabyan said, they had concerts in Artsakh many times.
He also noted that for the first time the choir visited Artsakh in 1997.
"Artsakh audience always received us warmly, for which we are very happy. We are encouraged by the Artsakh people and it is a pleasure to come here again. We also want to have concerts in the border villages of Artsakh.
The choir performed with guest tours in London, Paris, Geneva, Tbilisi, Goris, Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Frankfurt, Strasbourg, Bergamo, Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara, Dresden. Today we will have a concert in State Museum of Fine Arts in Shoushi," he said.
The choir performed with guest tours in London, Paris, Geneva, Tbilisi, Goris, Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Frankfurt, Strasbourg, Bergamo, Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara, Dresden and in other countries. In 2007, the choir appeared with an exclusive concert in European Union's Concert Hall in Strasbourg.
The choir performed in reputable concert halls such as St. Louis Cathedral, Salle Gaveau (Paris), White Hall, Smolny Cathedral, Glazunov Hall (Saint Petersburg), the EU Hall “Salle Schwietzer at the Palais de la Musique et des Congres” (Strasbourg), Teatro Donizetti Opera House (Bergamo), Frauenkirche Church (Dresden), Teatro Colon (Buenos Aires), Megaron Concert Hall (Athens).
One of the greatest achievements of the chamber choir is world famous ECM Records’ release in 2006 of «ARS POETICA» CD of choral concert written by Tigran Mansourian on the basis of Yeghishe Charent's 10 poems. In 2006, the CD received the highest rate of five stars by the World Music Council. The full information on the CD is placed in “The Gramophone” prestigious music catalogue.
- 14:49 Bako Sahakyan re-elected as President of Artsakh by the country’s parliament
- 18:51 Joint Statement by EuFoA Director and MEPs on the recent conflict escalation in the Line of Contact in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10:19 Screening of author films in village Khachmach, Artsakh
- 18:38 ‘Massacre of Maragha has not been internationally addressed properly’ – Ambassador Tigran Mkrtchyan’s interview to Bernardinai.lt
- 17:53 Alexander Lapshin pleads not guilty in Baku trial
- 14:12 Turkey deports BBC correspondent
- 12:30 Taking Up the Challenge of Peace
- 12:08 Edward Nalbandian does not rule out meeting with Azerbaijani FM in July
- 12:00 Nalbandian: Not a single document can be signed without Karabakh
- 10:37 Bako Sahakyan sent a congratulatory letter to Serzh Sargsyan in connection with his birthday
- 10:15 Lavrov and Tillerson discuss ‘urgent issues of Russian-American agenda’
- 15:10 Armenia President, Japan parliamentary deputy FM confer on bilateral relations
- 14:25 3 Armenian doctors awarded Fridtjof Nansen Gold Medals for Nuba Mountains mission
- 13:36 Bako Sahakyan visits Stepanakert Memorial (Photos)
- 12:17 Deputy FM Kocharyan comments on EU Delegation chief’s statement
- 11:17 Armenia, Artsakh commemorate over 800 MIA paramilitary of Artsakh War
- 09:38 Militants, who fought among IS groups, can take certain actions in Azerbaijan
- 17:57 Armenian Ambassador to US: Armenia and US discuss meeting at level of presidents
- 16:50 Russia’s Putin submits Russian-Armenian agreement on Joint Group of Forces for Duma ratification
- 16:12 Bako Sahakyan was present at the opening of the "Issues and Prospects of Higher Education" conference
- 15:22 Iranian speaker: Israel’s involvement in Karabakh conflict to have negative consequences
- 13:13 Pedro Agramunt removed from EPP political group at PACE
- 13:03 Escalation of anti-Azerbaijani moods in Chechnya is possible
- 12:28 Armenia MOD: Azerbaijan lost 8 soldiers in past 10 days
- 11:37 Armenia defense minister not happy with Russia arms supplies to Azerbaijan
- 11:12 ‘Prokhanov has fascist ideas’ – Israeli political scientist Avigdor Eskin comments on Russian figure’s statements in Artsakh
- 09:56 Trump and Macron discuss situation in Middle East and G20 summit
- 09:47 Islamic State tricks Yazidi sex slave into eating own child
- 21:05 Avigdor Eskin Was Received In the National Assembly
- 17:55 Kremlin disagrees with Macron’s remarks on Ukraine
- 15:49 PACE approves amendment permitting to dismiss Agramunt
- 14:48 Elizabeth II's income almost doubles
- 13:50 Armenian businessman shot in Moscow dies in hospital
- 10:31 Global oil prices are up
- 10:14 Merkel: Europeans should stop relying on US
- 16:45 Dollar continues to gain value in Armenia
- 16:35 Summer school to be held in Artsakh
- 14:38 Armenian Armed Forces draw respective conclusion from Azerbaijan’s military exercises
- 14:29 Armenian Armed Forces fully capable of preventing war – Chief of General Staff
- 13:11 Quake hits western Turkey again
- 10:57 Bako Sahakyan partook at a festive event celebrating the 15th anniversary of the "Base Metals" company
- 10:33 Armenia delegation to attend PACE summer session
- 10:27 Presidential elections begin in Mongolia
- 09:58 Six killed as Colombia boat sinks in north-western reservoir
- 12:20 International Sambo Tournament launched in Stepanakert (Photos)
- 11:17 More than 100 people missing in Sichuan after Chinese landslide
- 11:00 Armenia MOD bus overturns, 12 soldiers injured
- 09:49 Nagorno-Karabakh conflict should only be resolved through dialogue. Belgian Senator
- 17:00 Putin and Erdogan discuss Turkish Stream
- 16:45 International Sambo Tournament to be held in Artsakh
- 15:21 Newborn screening will be carried out in Artsakh
- 15:13 May: Offers on status of EU citizens in UK are very serious and fair
- 13:29 Death toll in Pakistan explosion rises to 11
- 13:17 OSCE conducts monitoring to north-west of Artsakh’s Talish village
- 12:53 5 people killed in Pakistan explosion
- 10:58 Armenian National Committee of Egypt continues pro-Armenian activity: Movies being shot on Armenia
- 10:11 ‘Hayastan’ All-Armenian Fund donates 100.000 Euros to Syrian-Armenians
- 09:52 Artsakh’s culture minister holds meeting with Belgian Senator in Stepanakert
- 17:53 Armenian FM leaves for Serbia
- 17:45 Armenian-American Artist Norik Astvatsaturov to Receive National Endowment for Arts Fellowship