Artsakh Parliament Convokes Regular Plenary Session
November 30, the parliament of Artsakh convened the regular plenary sitting of the sixth session.
STEPANAKERT, DECEMBER 1, ARTSAKHPRESS:Opening the session, NA President Ashot Ghoulyan touched upon the preliminary discussions of the 2018 budget and the legislative initiatives in the committees and factions.
Starting the session, Parliament heard to the Chairman of the State Committee Hakob Ghahramanyan on public services and economic competition in the 2018 annual program.
Then, taking into consideration the timeframes established by the Constitution and the requirements of the Article 127 of the Law on the Rules of Procedure of the National Assembly, the plenary session has started the process of appointing a member of the Supreme Judicial Council.
In the prescribed order, on behalf of the faction, the head of the "Motherland" faction, Arthur Tovmasyan, has nominated a member of the Supreme Court Council, Shushanik Lavrent Hayrapetyan, who was elected as a member of the Justice Council two years ago (December 2015) by the National Assembly.
Shushanik Hayrapetyan expressed gratitude for confidence and noted that in case of being elected she would act on the principle of justice and impartiality.
Then an exchange of ideas took place, during which responsible for all factions represented in parliament defended the proposed candidacy.
After the exchange of views, the deputies passed a secret ballot, after which the chairman of the counting committee Ramela Dadayan presented the results of the voting. According to the minutes of the Audit Committee, voting 30 deputies unanimously gave their voices for the candidacy of Shushanik Hayrapetyan.
Following the voting results, the National Assembly passed a decision on appointing Shushanik Hayrapetyan a member of the Supreme Court Council.
In the next part of the session, State Minister Arayik Harutyunyan answered the question of "Renaissance" faction concerning the guarantees given by the Artsakh government to the President of the Republic of Artsakh.
The State Minister noted that the Artsakh government's budgetary guarantees were mainly provided to the Artsakh Investment and Agricultural and Agricultural Support Funds, as well as a number of public and private companies under the current legislation.
Having passed the discussion of the draft laws, the parliament heard and discussed the draft law "On Amending the NKR Law on Civil Service", which was presented by the Chairman of the Civil Service Council Boris Arushanyan. According to the reporter, the adoption of the draft law is aimed at clarifying the length of service life and experience required for holding civil service positions.
Minister of Justice Ararat Danielyan presented the draft law of the Artsakh Republic "On Human Rights Defender" for the first reading. He noted that the adoption of the law is conditioned by the need to bring the existing legal regulations to conformity with the Constitution adopted in 2017.
"The proposed draft will regulate the functions and powers of the Ombudsman, the provisions of the Human Rights Defender's choice, guarantees of activity," said Ararat Danielyan.
After the presentation, an exchange of ideas took place, during which the Republic of Artsakh Human Rights Defender Ruben Melikyan made a speech. He noted that the project satisfies both the content and the procedure of the debate.
"In terms of content, this is a good example of the existing provisions of international law and the normal functioning of the legislation,"the defender underscored.
The draft law of the Republic of Artsakh "On Making Amendments and Addenda to the NKR Law On Public Service", proposed by the Minister of Justice, is also proposed to bring it into conformity with the Constitution, clarify the scope of the discretionary positions, high-ranking officials and superior officials.
All the above mentioned bills have been adopted by the parliament.
Chairman of the National Statistical Service Karen Nersisyan presented to the parliament a three-year State Statistical Work Program of the Republic of Armenia for 2018-2020, which includes the main directions of state statistical activity, according to the economic, demographic, social and environmental spheres of the country.
Parliamentarians Gagik Bagunts and Hayk Khanumyan have made a deputy statement.
After the break, the meeting continued with the participation of the President of the Republic Bako Sahakyan, the State Minister and Ministers. According to the law "Rules of the National Assembly", the President of the Republic of Artsakh and representatives of the executive authorities answered the questions of the deputies.
The parliamentarians asked questions about electricity tariffs, increase of pensions, systematic programs for gasification of district centers, construction of schools, housing for refugees, road improvement works in the city of Hadrout, the workload of children in schools, the need to revise general education programs, preserve monuments, winemaking and other topics.
At the end of the meeting, President Bako Sahakyan gave some explanations regarding the issues voiced by the deputies.
- 12:49 China bans video spoofs and parodies
- 11:52 Armenia waits for extension of US’ GSP trade program
- 10:38 I told Putin and Trump we won’t step back in Syria: Erdogan
- 09:48 New Peru leader takes office after president resigns
- 09:32 France hostage situation ends; 4 dead, including gunman
- 08:54 Large fire breaks out in Armenia national park
- 17:53 Speaker Ara Babloyan heads for Geneva
- 17:43 Second air festival to be organized in Stepanakert airport
- 17:42 Czech Airlines launches Prague-Yerevan-Prague regular flights
- 16:33 Dollar rises, euro drops in Armenia
- 16:21 Swiss Kuhner Foundation donates laboratory equipment to Artsakh State University
- 16:15 Museum of Armenian culture opened in Kiev, Ukraine
- 16:00 Trump fires his National Security Adviser
- 15:35 Economic activity index of Artsakh up by 17.5%
- 14:52 Charles Aznavour values introduction of investigative mechanisms on Artsakh-Azerbaijan contact line
- 14:22 Eastern Armenian to be taught in University of Uruguay
- 13:42 First “smart crossroad” in Armenia excludes traffic jams
- 12:31 Alexander Lapshin plans to visit Armenia
- 11:45 Armenia MFA: If Azerbaijan is concerned about water accessibility, it can discuss that with Karabakh
- 11:08 Working group of State Revenue Committee adjunct to Armenian government is in Artsakh
- 11:05 Catalan secessionists fail again to elect new regional head
- 10:56 Trump, Erdogan hold phone conversation
- 10:18 Oil Prices
- 09:53 EAEU-Iran free trade deal expected to be signed by the end of May
- 09:31 Military personnel martyred in plane crash in Turkey
- 17:53 British Council in Russia ceases activity
- 17:45 Shushi massacres are never condemned genocide — historian
- 17:31 Providing aid to Armenia and Artsakh discussed at US Congress hearings
- 17:25 Dollar falls, draws near AMD 480 threshold in Armenia
- 16:37 Armenian FM to attend preparatory meeting of La Francophonie economic forum in Paris
- 15:34 Photography exhibition dedicated to Artsakh Movement to be organized in Stepanakert
- 15:03 Armenia, Israel to rule out income and property double taxation
- 14:29 Armenian President holds farewell meeting with Ambassador of Italy
- 13:27 Armenian convicted in US bank fraud
- 13:11 President of Artsakh meets with Lebanese Armenian business community in Beirut
- 11:54 Mkhitaryan receives Armenia’s Best Player of the Year award
- 11:47 “Tufenkian” foundation sets up persimmon orchard in Artsakh village
- 11:06 Germany deports 50 Georgian nationals
- 10:50 Belarus leader Alexander Lukashenko to arrive in Georgia on official visit
- 10:24 Peruvian President Kuczynski resigns amid corruption scandal
- 09:41 Artsakh President partakes at opening ceremony of Independence Monument in Antelias
- 09:19 Levon Aronian to clash with ex-world champ Kramnik in 10th round of Candidates Tournament
- 08:44 Two Argentine universities suspend denialist conferences organized by Ankara university
- 19:37 Armenian Bar Association legal interns to volunteer with Artsakh Human Rights Ombudsman in Stepanakert
- 18:29 In Beirut Artsakh President met with leading staff of AGBU Lebanon local body
- 18:09 Artsakh President meets with representatives of Armenian Revolutionary Federation in Beirut
- 17:55 Artsakh Minister of State meets with senators in Australian Senate
- 16:35 New residential building to be put into operation in Michnavan, Kashatagh
- 16:05 National Defense Research University launches review of Armenia’s National Security Strategy
- 15:19 Works on erecting statue of Gregory of Narek completed in Vatican: Ambassador Minasyan releases details
- 14:57 Israel admits bombing suspected Syrian nuclear reactor in 2007, warns Iran
- 14:33 President Sargsyan congratulates Iran’s Rouhani on Nowruz
- 12:58 World Poetry Day marked in Stepanakert
- 12:55 Azeri regime-owned bank executive arrested in US, faces 125 years sentence
- 12:16 In Antelias Artsakh President partkates at ceremony dedicted to 100th anniversary of Armenia's independence
- 10:57 Artsakh’s President meets Catholicos Aram I of Great House of Cilicia in Lebanon
- 10:24 93-year-old Charles Aznavour to perform live in Japan
- 09:26 Trump not ruling out meeting with Putin 'in the not too distant future'
- 09:23 Delagation headed by Artsakh President arrived in Lebanon
- 19:11 Screening of a Film Dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the Karabakh Movement Held in Brussels
- 03.19.2018 Azeri recon UAV downed after violating Artsakh airspace
- 03.21.2018 Azeri regime-owned bank executive arrested in US, faces 125 years sentence
- 03.23.2018 Second air festival to be organized in Stepanakert airport
- 03.22.2018 “Tufenkian” foundation sets up persimmon orchard in Artsakh village
- 03.19.2018 Artsakh President congratulates Vladimir Putin on victory in Russian presidential election
- 03.18.2018 Armenian community of America and our American friends are actively involved in international recognition of Artsakh — Artsakh President
- 03.22.2018 President of Artsakh meets with Lebanese Armenian business community in Beirut
- 03.19.2018 Artsakh President visits St. Mary and Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Churches in Washington
- 03.20.2018 Screening of a Film Dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the Karabakh Movement Held in Brussels